Hamer (10 Viewers)

Deity

This is a shocker really, as he came in Jan, knew Boyle deal was ending at the end of the season. So either he hasn’t realised and started the process or more like the commercial team probably did but with low rates.
A have a full time CEO and full time Commercial Director. How is it the owners fault that we don’t have a new sponsor lined up ???

Deity

I genuinely believe he had planned for the prem especially with the increases wanted for sponsorship. probably reevaluated it slightly but pricing himself out of business.
I would be amazed if he had not expected Boddy to deliver options in either scenario, promotion or another year in the championship.

King strikes me as pretty sensible.

Deity

Because the owner is taking control of all aspects (rightly or wrongly) hence why the issues behind the scenes are coming to a head.
When you say control do you mean is leading the negotiations from start to finish or he insists on having input and signing off the proposed deals ??

GIMOC

When you say control do you mean is leading the negotiations from start to finish or he insists on having input and signing off the proposed deals ??

I mean, he’s getting involved but after receiving feedback from various departments not listening and pressing ahead regardless. currently means no sponsors and very little sales within corporate area.

GIMOC

I would be amazed if he had not expected Boddy to deliver options in either scenario, promotion or another year in the championship.

King strikes me as pretty sensible.

sensible yes but has no experience running a football club. surely you would heed advice from others. but sounds like his way or the highway

Deity

sensible yes but has no experience running a football club. surely you would heed advice from others. but sounds like his way or the highway
Far from ideal.

I guess he’s less than impressed with our commercial teams and inevitably you listen less to them if you don’t value what they have delivered historically. Catch 22.

GIMOC

Far from ideal.

I guess he’s less than impressed with our commercial teams and inevitably you listen less to them if you don’t value what they have delivered historically. Catch 22.

that’s fair enough but when it impacts income (sponsorship and lack of money from corporate side) then it’s a not a good position for the club

higgs

that’s fair enough but when it impacts income (sponsorship and lack of money from corporate side) then it’s a not a good position for the club
King of shaves might buy a few boxes

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

CovLis86

You could argue also his 'hands on' approach has brought in record season ticket sales?

Before you say that's down to the fans backing, I'll say the only reason corporate hasn't sold is down to corporate not backing, rather than a hands on owner fault.

It works both ways in the real world where bias isn't the only story teller.

Saddlebrains

Interestingly, Doug came in preaching about not having boyle sports on shirts etc

Boyle sports had pulled out anyway. Hence the rather quick dismantling and disappearance of Boyle sports round the ground and the shop they had in the concourse

An easy win for him on that one. Thing is he hasnt been able to source a new sponsor without asking them for way more money than anyone will pay

AFCCOVENTRY

They need to sort this out asap because it’s delaying shirt launch, commercial income coming in which impacts on playing budget and general running costs of the club.

skyblu3sk

Interestingly, Doug came in preaching about not having boyle sports on shirts etc

Boyle sports had pulled out anyway. Hence the rather quick dismantling and disappearance of Boyle sports round the ground and the shop they had in the concourse

An easy win for him on that one. Thing is he hasnt been able to source a new sponsor without asking them for way more money than anyone will pay
I'm sorry but this is absolute bull shit he came out and emphatically said no gambling sponsors while he owns the club which is a very different statement to we are dropping Boyle sports.

Last edited:

clint van damme

I'm sorry but this if absolute bull shit he came out and emphatically said no gambling sponsors while he owns the club which is a very different statement to we are dropping Boyle sports.

Some of the nonsense being spouted on here is embarrassing.
As if everything not being announced and in place by July 1st signifies impending doom.

Balli001

So because they "pulled out"" of sponsoring us that means they remove all their kiosks from a stadium owned by a totally different company?

Grendel

They need to sort this out asap because it’s delaying shirt launch, commercial income coming in which impacts on playing budget and general running costs of the club.

Shirt revenue is marginal gains for the club. We couldn’t agree a deal anyway until 3 weeks ago could we

Hobo

There is a going rate though, there will be an average for the league then you look at where you are in the range. The deals with XL Motors and Boylesport are coming to an end, it would be madness to re-up on the same terms seeing as last season saw us in the play-offs and our stature raise accordingly.

No it's an ever changing landscape driven by economics outside of football. The driver is the offers on your table not on other people's. A good example is from rugby union a few years ago. Royal Bank of Scotland offered to renew their sponsorship of 6 Nations for a period of x amount of years (can't remember the exact term of the deal 3 or 5 years?). The deal was for 14 million.

A couple of the unions refused to sign it off as apparently it was under valued and not good enough? Then it became apparent RBS was the only contender for the sponsorship. The deal was agreed and signed about 6 months later but it was now a 6 million sponsorship for same period. Yes you can play hardball but it doesn't mean you will win.

clint van damme

well if you thought that you’d get rid asap. never great timing but we’re 2 days away from July with no sponsor and low corporate sales.

Last season we didn't have a pitch until September so I'm quite calm about not having a shirt sponsor announced at theend of June.
As for the corporate, I've made it clear I think Kings messed up there.

GIMOC

Last season we didn't have a pitch until September so I'm quite calm about not having a shirt sponsor announced at theend of June.
As for the corporate, I've made it clear I think Kings messed up there.

but i thought king was a great businessman? The lack of sponsors coming forward along with low uptake of corporate sales is one of the same problem.

Balli001

we? I know it’s true, if you don’t want to believe that then fine.
As per the other thread ill await offiial club confirmation of anything happening. Feel free to gloat if it is true but until i read something from the actual club it isnt truth.

Balli001

but i thought king was a great businessman? The lack of sponsors coming forward along with low uptake of corporate sales is one of the same problem.
Genuinely fear for your sanity if they do actually get sponsorship and sell out corporate.

clint van damme

How do we know its the truth though?

We know corporate sales are poor.
We know we don't have a shirt sponsor.
We know we will lose 1, possinly 2 big players this window.

We also know we've got record ST sales with almost 6 weeks until the season starts.
We also know MR and AV have signed long term deals.
We also know the aforementioned player sale(s) will bring in a large sum of money to the club.

Yes, there's some things to be concerned about but there's reasons for optimism as well.

GIMOC

Genuinely fear for your sanity if they do actually get sponsorship and sell out corporate.

lol - of course we will get a sponsor. I haven’t said we wouldn’t. just haven’t got one yet. Wonder how many other teams are in the same position? As for corporate. Your living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that will sell out.

Users who are viewing this thread