Hamer (6 Viewers)

Deity

He only cost us a million, so if he runs down his contract we've had four years value from that at 250K a season + wages, what a bargain that's been.

I say let him run down his contract and hope he does the business for us this year.
Financial roulette with the odds against us.

we shouldn’t run the club like that.

If we sell him now we can reinvest the proceeds now and in January to strengthen the team and replace Hamer. When he walks for free his will we fund his replacement ???

ccfc1234

I've been away and may have missed this. Where has Gus said he wants to run his deal down?
I don't think he has! I suspect by the fact that there appears to be noise about him not wanting to sign and an article in the press recently about wanting to play in Holland again, that people are drawing their own conclusions.

Bertola

What's to say we can't sell him in January?

Give us a few months, see how we're looking. If we're looking good, stay for the year, if not, sell up (albeit for a lower fee than we could get now) and we should still be able to make a profit

coop

If Gus wants to run his contract down there is nothing we as a club can if a £10 million bid comes in it will be up to him if he wants move or not .So the theory that his girlfriend and son have gone back to Holland why wouldn't he see his contract out then go to a Dutch club close to where his son lives in the summer.

SeaSeeEffCee

I've been away and may have missed this. Where has Gus said he wants to run his deal down?
He hasn’t. People seem to have made up this complete fantasy that he’s running down his contract so he can move to the Netherlands when literally no-one has reported it as factual and it’s pretty clear from what Robins has said that he’s had his head turned by big money contract offers.

shmmeee

He hasn’t. People seem to have made up this complete fantasy that he’s running down his contract so he can move to the Netherlands when literally no-one has reported it as factual and it’s pretty clear from what Robins has said that he’s had his head turned by big money contract offers.

That’s not “pretty clear” that’s you reading what you want into the vaguest of vague comments.

Skyblueweeman

His contract doesn't end in Jan. We could potentially sell him for a nominal fee. Clubs might risk chucking a couple of million our way to jump ahead of other teams in the queue for him
If we don't sell him for a fee by the end of August (or whenever the window closes), we'll lose him for nothing.

In January he can see a pre-contract agreement with a club to join him at the end of the season. If he wants to go in January, no club will pay a fee when they'll get him for nothing in 6 months time.

Warwickhunt

He only cost us a million, so if he runs down his contract we've had four years value from that at 250K a season + wages, what a bargain that's been.

I say let him run down his contract and hope he does the business for us this year.
The danger of running the contract down is injury, one bad tackle towards the end of the season his career could get fucked over

NorthernWisdom

If we don't sell him for a fee by the end of August (or whenever the window closes), we'll lose him for nothing.

In January he can see a pre-contract agreement with a club to join him at the end of the season. If he wants to go in January, no club will pay a fee when they'll get him for nothing in 6 months time.
We did for Boateng. Really was nominal in context though.

Chris1987

The issue is the state of limbo we are in currently. The longer the situation continues the more problematic it becomes in my opinion. A departure close to the window closing makes bringing new faces in more difficult. Just wish it could be resolved sooner rather than later either way so at least we would know which direction things were going.

SlowerThanPlatt

Their last friendly was against Liverpool.
Ours was against Exeter.

No wonder they looked better prepared.

And we had players in our squad who hadn't even kicked a ball in pre season.
Are you going on about this still? They’re just a better team than us.

Also

1) It was in Singapore as part of an Asian tour (we can’t afford that)
2) They’ve built a fan base over there (we don’t)

fatso

In what way did they look better prepared? We should have won the game.
But we didn't because we were fucked after 70 minutes,
we weren't sharp enough up front and our best player went off with tight calves.
We brought 2 players on who hadn't played a single friendly for us, and we ended up with nothing from the game.

Brighton Sky Blue

Tyler Adam signing for Chelsea .Leeds will be after Gus now I think,I don't want him to go to Leeds fricking hate Leeds GRRRRRR
Relaxing Chill Out GIF by Talk Stoop

skyblueelephant76

But we didn't because we were fucked after 70 minutes,
we weren't sharp enough up front and our best player went off with tight calves.
We brought 2 players on who hadn't played a single friendly for us, and we ended up with nothing from the game.
If we'd played Liverpool our forwards wouldn't have had a kick so wouldn't have been any sharper.

Gus was late starting preseason so wasn't 100% fit and the two subs couldn't play in any friendlies (one of them also hit the bar and almost won us the game).

Fitness wasn't the issue, they just had better players who produced two moments of quality.

Leicester also started a player that hadn't played a single friendly for them.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

If we'd played Liverpool our forwards wouldn't have had a kick so wouldn't have been any sharper.

Gus was late starting preseason so wasn't 100% fit and the two subs couldn't play in any friendlies (one of them also hit the bar and almost won us the game).

Fitness wasn't the issue, they just had better players who produced two moments of quality.

Leicester also started a player that hadn't played a single friendly for them.
Our midfield 3 struggled in the last 20 minutes, it is undeniable. Look at the time Praet had to cross for the first.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread