Hamer (12 Viewers)

shmmeee

Football fancast have an article about Hamer & Leeds.
Not sure how they 'know' his salary (apparently £6538pw),or how they 'know' we want £12m+£2m extras.

It’s a bullshit article. They’ll have pulled his salary from one of those ridiculous salary sites that if they were true no club would ever go bust.

slowpoke

This issue needs resolving and quick. I agree with Robins he ain’t quite 100% fit yet, he will get fitter with game time and better,
Pay him, if that’s the issue.
It keeps being said he’s the best in his position in the division not just on here either I agree with that, we all do so pay him. Then we and Robins can move forward and bring in the one or two better players we need to be serious promotion candidates this season.

Covcraig@bury

He loves it here and wants to stay.
His contract is 85% sorted.
But he wants to go to Feyenoord as he wants to be closer to his son, who had gone back to Holland with the ex Mrs Hamer who apparently shagged his window cleaner.
He also wants more money (22k pw)than we can offer (18kpw - wage structure) so he is looking at a move to the Premier League.
He's in talks with Leicester who have offered 45k pw. He's also going to Burnley, whilst being in talks with Sheffield United. But he's going to run his contract down and move on at the end of the season, unless the club cash in on him for 15mil and he goes to Leeds.
There you go!
You must be ITK 🤔 or are you just starting a rumour ? Asking for a friend 🤦‍♂️

Sick Boy

We had a longer season than everyone else.

And Leicester only played 2 friendlies, so I don't think it's much of a factor really.
Of course it is, Robins himself said the changes were to give the players minutes rather than tactical. It’s probably also an issue for Leicester as well- they beat us due to an individual rather than superior fitness.

fernandopartridge

We had a longer season than everyone else.

And Leicester only played 2 friendlies, so I don't think it's much of a factor really.
Well it is a factor given Robins even said he made changes to get players match practice

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

Of course it is, Robins himself said the changes were to give the players minutes rather than tactical. It’s probably also an issue for Leicester as well- they beat us due to an individual rather than superior fitness.

Well it is a factor given Robins even said he made changes to get players match practice

That's as much to do with players signing late in the summer as the number of friendlies.

Our season finished 3 weeks later than everyone else - it's not surprising we've had less friendlies and made our signings later in the summer than we'd have liked. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

Fysnkysc

I'm at the point where if he wants to fuck of just let him go, put our number out there and let him choose, we lack quality in midfield and if we can replace hamer with 3 good players i think we will be perfectly fine,

shmmeee

I'm at the point where if he wants to fuck of just let him go, put our number out there and let him choose, we lack quality in midfield and if we can replace hamer with 3 good players i think we will be perfectly fine,

Isn’t that where we are?

Gis has said he wants to run his deal down.
Doug has told everyone he’s available for £12m
Either someone buys him or they don’t.

long way home

Obviously Gus and the club have an understanding. And if seeing his contract out with Gus fully committed to the season then so be it. Robins will be batting off questions with the media and the players will carry on doing a job. I bet internally its not a topic and all is focused on the next game.

Robins will except losing him in the summer and concentrate on developing the others while looking in time to replace Gus. Im sure others will come in before this window closes, but would hope its with Hamer staying. If that's the case 3 more players will be needed, if Hamer fee is hit and he goes then 5 will be needed which is a big ask and too many players to try to mold together to expect instant results.

Sick Boy

Obviously Gus and the club have an understanding. And if seeing his contract out with Gus fully committed to the season then so be it. Robins will be batting off questions with the media and the players will carry on doing a job. I bet internally its not a topic and all is focused on the next game.

Robins will except losing him in the summer and concentrate on developing the others while looking in time to replace Gus. Im sure others will come in before this window closes, but would hope its with Hamer staying. If that's the case 3 more players will be needed, if Hamer fee is hit and he goes then 5 will be needed which is a big ask and too many players to try to mold together to expect instant results.
If he ends up going on a free it'l be annoying because it'll mean having to cash in on another player instead next summer to raise funds.

long way home

If he ends up going on a free it'l be annoying because it'll mean having to cash in on another player instead next summer to raise funds.

Understandable but his value to the team this season could be greater than a fee for next. Develop what you have on 4 years deals and see where we are then. Nobody wants him to leave and for free hurts but its a lesson to the club which i think they already worked out. Hence perm signings on longer deals. I hope they act quick with COH and sadly look at Hamer as 1 that got away. Also things change in time and status, who knows what this season brings and while he is still with us, we have a very very good player to enjoy while it lasts

mmttww

...unless he gets us promoted. Don't think we'd have to sell anyone unless DK did an Oyston! 🤷‍♂️

stupot07

I agree, he either needs to sign a new contract or we need sell him this window. We can't let a player worth £10m+ go for nothing.

He is a special player, but we can't spend the season in limbo.

edgy

Isn’t that where we are?

Gis has said he wants to run his deal down.
Doug has told everyone he’s available for £12m
Either someone buys him or they don’t.

I've been away and may have missed this. Where has Gus said he wants to run his deal down?

Hertsccfc

I agree, he either needs to sign a new contract or we need sell him this window. We can't let a player worth £10m+ go for nothing.

He is a special player, but we can't spend the season in limbo.

We can only sell him if we wants to go.

Users who are viewing this thread