Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

djr8369

If I'm not mistaken, last night's screw up of a tap in wasn't the first time that Wright has missed a golden opportunity.
I think that’s unfair.

If you watch the replay it falls a bit behind him and the keeper is on the floor right in front of him. He’s tried to scoop it over the keeper and put far too much on it somehow.

Should have scored really but it was an awkward situation.

StrettoBoy

HW has shown a few - I accept not enough - touches that make me think he might yet turn out to be OK.

We need to let him settle in and hopefully get a goal or two, which should boost his confidence. As others have said, neither Vik nor Gus set the world on fire when they first arrived.

Many on here have been slating Simms but he was arguably our best player last night, certainly in the first half. He was very unlucky not to score what would have been a cracking goal and was reminiscent of Vik.

I'm not saying that HW is going to be great, just that we need to be patient and give him time to prove himself.

Torquay Sky Blue

I agree.

I don't think it was quite the tap-in that some people think.
Agree, came at him pretty quickly and I've seen better players than him make a mess of those chances.
Having said that, overall he was still shit and as for Godden he'll be putting his hands to his ears next time he scores

pusbccfc

One thing Gyokores always did was batter defenses physically, even on a bad day defences knew they were bruised.

This guy has.

No strength.
No first touch.
Cant hold the ball up.
Cant head the ball.
Cant stay on side.
Missed a sitter...so cant score.
His technique is very bad.
He actually doesnt know what he wants to do with the ball.

Worst of all doesnt look like hes trying.

I'm struggling to see the positives, his one attribute pace didnt look like it was there.

When he come on today I actually told my shut it with that pathetic song that hes done nothing to deserve.

These are the exact things we said about Vik when he first joined. He looked garbage.

The thing Vik learnt was to use his body. Haji needs to realise he can bully defenders.

Listening to the Ben Wilson podcast, he mentioned about Viks lifestyle. Said the bloke trains hard and eats incredibly well etc. Haji needs to work hard.

Evo1883

These are the exact things we said about Vik when he first joined. He looked garbage.

The thing Vik learnt was to use his body. Haji needs to realise he can bully defenders.

Listening to the Ben Wilson podcast, he mentioned about Viks lifestyle. Said the bloke trains hard and eats incredibly well etc. Haji needs to work hard.
You can tell vik is dedicated to the sport .. but he never looked as bad as haji wright for me

pusbccfc

Who's currently winning 'Miss of the season award'?

Simms against Leicester when he spooned it.
Godden against Leicester.
Simms at Wimbledon from a yard out.
Haji open goal from a yard out.

Have I missed any?

pusbccfc

You can tell vik is dedicated to the sport .. but he never looked as bad as haji wright for me.

I though Vik looked hopeless early on. You couldn't work out his attributes. He was bang average at everything.

He went away and become good at everything. He's not perfect at anything and his finishing was still poor.

Evo1883

I though Vik looked hopeless early on. You couldn't work out his attributes. He was bang average at everything.

He went away and become good at everything. He's not perfect at anything and his finishing was still poor.
Not seen many forwards that can run at players like vik .

He's quite a unique player imo

Evo1883

He wasn't doing that early on though.
I still felt he had something there , look at his signing thread , loads of us were very happy as we could see potential.. many are struggling to work out how wright even became a pro at the moment

pusbccfc

I still felt he had something there , look at his signing thread , loads of us were very happy as we could see potential.. many are struggling to work out how wright even became a pro at the moment

If you watch his highlight reel, you can see what he's about.

The worry is, maybe the Championship is too physical for him. He can't push defenders around like he did in Turkey?

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that’s unfair.

If you watch the replay it falls a bit behind him and the keeper is on the floor right in front of him. He’s tried to scoop it over the keeper and put far too much on it somehow.

It is still easier to get on target than put over the bar.

gspotgaz

Gyokeres did genuinely look poor in his loan spell. Then he scored that goal away at Stoke and seemed to awaken the beast … I know the fee brings completely different expectations but all we can do it hope and pray he has an ‘awaken the beast’ moment and he finds some almost anger and drive to play with because at the moment it’s too casual and nervous

Tommo1993

Players of this nature tend to go to the top. Good luck to him.

no_loyalty

The 30 day refund policy has surpassed, we are fucked.

SBT

I think that’s unfair.

I agree. Was a bad miss but it looked worse on the replay. Still can’t believe their keeper saved the first shot from Thomas, incredible save.

saveitforthewombles

I think he'll be fine. We're not actually creating that many clear cut chances IMO. Last night he should have scored. But I don't think he's had a ton of opportunities. I think we need to go back to the box - let Kelly and Eccles sit in with Allen and Ayari buzzing around...until O'Hare returns.

Users who are viewing this thread