Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

That’s the idea when you sign players on large fees…

You’re judging a player on YouTube clips and FIFA ratings. Is there any data driving your opinion or are you complaining for the sake of it?

Where’s your optimism man?! 6 months ago I could not fathom the thought of paying €9m for a player! The signing may not work out - as is the case with any signing - surely you’ve got to judge once you’ve seen the player in person?

Im not judging him on YouTube clips and FIFA. I’m basing it on other fans opinions and his record. It just so happens the FIFA scores and YouTube clips back that up. You’re basing it on “gyokeres was shit” and “Robins transfers never miss”. Which is really the more solid evidence base here?

Grendel

Im not judging him on YouTube clips and FIFA. I’m basing it on other fans opinions and his record. It just so happens the FIFA scores and YouTube clips back that up. You’re basing it on “gyokeres was shit” and “Robins transfers never miss”. Which is really the more solid evidence base here?

The problem is he is a one in two striker in a competitive league. So on that basis that is a realistic fee. We see it with Gyokeres and what we could command with him - also he is a US international who played in the World Cup

We are not going to be getting anyone cheaper with those credentials alone

Grendel

If it were that easy to get round FFP then I'm sure every club would be sponsored by the owner's brother/mate/mum/second cousin

Its certainly not happening with King as he has no money but its an easy way of getting round the rules

Mucca Mad Boys

I never said Gyokeres was shit nor Robins gets everything right. That’s just a silly thing to say.

You’ve spoken vaguely about Wright not being a ‘finished article’ and being quite ‘clumsy and very raw’ - the same was true for Gyokeres.

My point of comparison is that if we can get as much as we did for Gyokeres on an expiring contract, the fee isn’t unreasonable for Wright.

Seriously, who would you sign with that kind of money? A good L1 striker usually costs £4-5m.

mmttww

I'm with @shmmeee as far as the fee goes. That much up front feels too much. Similar structure to Simms' fee I'd understand.

Interesting type of player as well. Seems like MR watched Luton tear us to bits and wants an Adebayo. Assumed we'd go another way.

CCFCSteve

I’ll give him the same as anyone else. But I’m not going to pretend I’m not expecting four times the output from players who cost four times the money.

He could be in trouble then as Vik only cost us £1m so Wrights gonna have to score in excess of 100 goals this season (maybe even 150 if 7m+ fee is to be believed) to keep you happy 😉

You know it doesn’t work that way though. Should we expect a lot of him once he’s bedded in…of course, but let’s give the lad a chance. If he helps in improve the team then happy days. Robins is making the call. Kings supporting him. Let’s keep it positive until we see stuff to change our minds

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We're big boys now. We'll be dishing out 8yr contracts soon.

Tim And Eric Flirt GIF by Adult Swim

SBT

Seriously, who would you sign with that kind of money? A good L1 striker usually costs £4-5m.
Well we already know you can sign a highly rated young PL striker with a decent Championship/L1 scoring record, AND the best wing-back in the Eredivisie for roughly the same price upfront as we’re paying for Wright. Personally I was expecting us to keep on that track if we still had money in the bank.

Bennettbarnet

Why do all the medical etc. today but not sign until tomorrow?

Would have thought we would want him tied in as soon as possible so he doesn't change his mind overnight.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

djr8369

His record is 1 in 2 the last two seasons in a league ranked basically the same as the championship. Fans are generally pretty poor judges, is that a good evidence base?

I posted a video earlier where he scored 2 in and got an assist yet you could see where fans could get critical of him because he can look clumsy.

Grendel

I'm starting to think the King of Shaves sponsor deal is an FFP ruse. Can plonk extra money in through that cant we?

If it was the Fraser Group its easy to get round FFP rules that way - sadly we have a madman with a small company, a big ego and I suspect little money

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Would have thought we would want him tied in as soon as possible so he doesn't change his mind overnight.

Or have an accident during the night and break a leg or something.

Last edited:

SIR ERNIE

One thing for sure is that €24m Gyokeres deal for a player with one year left on his contract and totally unproven above Championship level was a stonker and possibly a pivotal game changer for this club.
The calibre of signings in the two weeks since has been fantastic.

CDK

Like any transfer it's a gamble he could fail ,robins could go from hero to zero.but trust in robins and Viveash with all there experience of Kastaneer type players that didn't make it behind them.Dont you think it's worth trusting in them again .
Him and Ellis to score and take us up to the premiership.

fatso

Waiting for the football league/FA /dept for work and pensions to approve his registration and eligibility to work in the UK perhaps?

Ccfcisparks

Referring to my last para this is a useful video to watch. 2 goals and an assist in the game but you can see he can be frustrating where what he’s trying doesn’t come off. Some of it is he’s getting a lot of physical attention from defenders and drawing fouls but some of it is decision making, speed of thought, and probably could be improved with coaching.

Great work for that penalty. Reminds me of something Vik would do.

the rumpo kid

Would have thought we would want him tied in as soon as possible so he doesn't change his mind overnigt
Robins has his army of flying monkeys surrounding him at all times making escape impossible, and therefore ensuring his enslavement to robins evil empire. !

Users who are viewing this thread