Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

ccfc1234

The more i read into this the more bonkers it seems (for us). We've apparently been looking at players like Vente and Dragus and have now put in a bid at a much higher rate than the figures rumoured for those two. On the face of it, really exciting to see us spending this kind of money but it does feel a bit 'shit or bust' this season now. Going to be an exciting start to the season watching all these new players come in and settle/adjust....a far cry from Mowbray only being able to spend his pound once or scratting around for the likes of Barrett and Maguire-Drew on loan.
All I hope is the Manager and Adi have scrutinised these players as well as the recruitment team. Looking at the career stats was very poor in the German top flight and also ineffective in the Danish league and has now caught fire!

David O'Day

All I hope is the Manager and Adi have scrutinised these players as well as the recruitment team. Looking at the career stats was very poor in the German top flight and also ineffective in the Danish league and has now caught fire!
He played a total of 7 Bundesliga games and scored 11 in 29 in the Danish league

napolimp

No. A club with limited funds is buying a 7 million pound player without due diligence. They probably made the decision on a whim.

TomRad85

A lot of disrespect to the Turkish league, English media done an absolute number on everyone convincing them that the Prem is the only league that matters. Zaha just said bollocks to mid table mediocrity at Palace to join a proper big club, i hope more follow that path.

procdoc

I’m sure they’re not spunking loads of cash on players they’ve not fully scrutinised
What a stupid thing to say

David O'Day

A lot of disrespect to the Turkish league, English media done an absolute number on everyone convincing them that the Prem is the only league that matters. Zaha just said bollocks to mid table mediocrity at Palace to join a proper big club, i hope more follow that path.
I blame Sky, there's some proper big clubs and good player in Turkey

ccfc1234

No. A club with limited funds is buying a 7 million pound player without due diligence. They probably made the decision on a whim.
I fully expect it also. Out if interest what level of interest do you think the manager did on Kasta and Hilsner and Julian de Costa. All signed by Robins from the European market with decent reputations in their leagues. I want it to work but 9m is a lot and much can be done with that. Let's hope he is elite but after some historical signings I am just nervous of big sums.

ccfc1234

I’m sure they’re not spunking loads of cash on players they’ve not fully scrutinised
What a stupid thing to say
Kasta
De Costa
Hilsner

Big sums just make me nervous as some have not come off. We need the big money moves to work and I hope he does

napolimp

I fully expect it also. Out if interest what level of interest do you think the manager did on Kasta and Hilsner and Julian de Costa. All signed by Robins from the European market with decent reputations in their leagues. I want it to work but 9m is a lot and much can be done with that. Let's hope he is elite but after some historical signings I am just nervous of big sums.

I'm pretty sure neither of those fees were more than a couple of hundred K.

Londonccfcfan

No one jealous of this list of mediocrity anymore then?
49d4923125def23daf4cecfa7e14a47d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Alot of good value there. Like others have said. Alot of decent players there. Hardly broken the bank.

Bielik I like alot.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

They will have done i'm sure, bear in mind also that Gyokeres had basically come to us on the back of two underwhelming loan stints.

Chris1987

I didn't anticipate so much if the Vik money being reinvested in the squad. We are not used to this !

Reactions: vow

Tommo1993

Love that America makes their athletes continue education. Compare this to the most interviews from British players

"Yeah was good. He crossed the ball and yeah I scored. Was good"

Not the only one who tuts when an interviewer asks a player to “talk us through the goal” then?

Finham

Richardson? As in Bryan? Maguire-Drew and Barrett were league two dross. Sorry if ive completely missed something here 😂
Yeah, Bryan. We spent a lot for once, a bit like now.

You said "On the face of it, really exciting to see us spending this kind of money but it does feel a bit 'shit or bust' this season now."

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Yeah, Bryan. We spent a lot for once, a bit like now.

You said "On the face of it, really exciting to see us spending this kind of money but it does feel a bit 'shit or bust' this season now."
Ahh ok, i don't remember the statement from him to be honest but we did have a few seasons where we chucked a bit of money around in the PL.

The phrase i do remember of Richardsons' was the "getting off the treadmill" when referring to how relegation possibly being a positive for us!

Users who are viewing this thread