Gyokores (5 Viewers)

ajsccfc

Proof that you do get a lot for the mascot fee

Paxman II

Southampton it has been suggested after Vik but unwilling to meet £18m fee. To think they are currently looking like falling into the championship especially if ward-Prowse leaves in this window as others are suggesting. Not a good move for Vik.

skybluepm2

I’d take £18m all day long TBF. I’d even take £15m. Could do some damage with that.

I wonder how any incoming money is divvied up in this new setup. For example if we were to get £15m from the sale of Gyokeres, 15% would assumedly be apportioned to them with Doug inheriting the remaining 85% to hopefully put back into the football club? 🤔

SkyBlueMatt

I'd imagine Brighton have a 20% sell on, so that's 2.8. The club would take 20-30% into running costs (and future budgets), so that's 4.5 which would give Robins 7.7 outright over the next couple of windows.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’d take £18m all day long TBF. I’d even take £15m. Could do some damage with that.
It's a figure I'd think was acceptable, though would hope there'd be add-ons as well.

Part of that fee will go to Brighton but under King I'd be more hopeful (maybe naively so) that more of the fee would get reinvested in fees and wages. If it were SISU I'd say no as I wouldn't expect to get more than £1-2m out of it for fees and wages.

However, other than a likely big pay hike it'd be a bit of a sideways move as he'd likely be playing Championship next year.

Of course he could have an amazing end of the season there as an relatively unknown entity that defenders won't have worked out yet and get interest from the exposure, but I'm not sure he'd be making that much of a difference, especially in a struggling team. Defenders are stronger, quicker and just a yard sharper and they'd find a way to counteract his 'head down and run' more effectively than in this league. Plus he'd have to up his conversion rate as he'd have less opportunities.

Tomh111

I wonder how any incoming money is divvied up in this new setup. For example if we were to get £15m from the sale of Gyokeres, 15% would assumedly be apportioned to them with Doug inheriting the remaining 85% to hopefully put back into the football club? 🤔
That not really how owning a club would work, the fee would be payable to Coventry and while SISU own 15% they don’t automatically receive 15% of the incomings.

I would assume it is run the same as every other business in that they are liable for 15% of any dividends paid out - Should any be paid out.

djr8369

The issue would be if it happens late in the January window you’ve then got little time to suddenly splash cash you weren’t expecting to have. Could easily spend that on a few journeymen at this level.

CDK

Well I wonder if robins would be given a bigger chunk of the 18 million if and when he goes by king?

Briles

I wouldn’t worry too much. I think this seasons gone TBH. Maybe get a loan in but mostly I’d save for the summer rebuild.

I agree although take gyoks goals out the team and we are in for relegation

Speedie's Head

It seems that nobody has offered £18m so the market seems to be telling us that he's not worth that. The thing is, will he be worth £18m in the summer with 12 months on his contract and him wanting a move? Can we afford to extend now if an offer does come in and probably double his pay?

Sky Blue Pete

It seems that nobody has offered £18m so the market seems to be telling us that he's not worth that. The thing is, will he be worth £18m in the summer with 12 months on his contract and him wanting a move? Can we afford to extend now if an offer does come in and probably double his pay?
You’ve got to hope we could

SBbucks

I wonder how any incoming money is divvied up in this new setup. For example if we were to get £15m from the sale of Gyokeres, 15% would assumedly be apportioned to them with Doug inheriting the remaining 85% to hopefully put back into the football club?

Assuming you mean SISU get 15%? It doesn’t work like that. All the revenue would go to the club, not handed out in proportion to the shareholders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

30% isn't an insurmountable figure. I think Ivan Toney had a similar sell-on clause inserted in his deal.

Given the low fee Gyokeres was brought in for I'd imagine it's higher than most fans think.
They let him go
He’d failed at Swansea
He’d not suggested anything to us in the short loan spell
I would think 30% is way too much

Grendel

a million pound fee we paid for him suggest that it will not be as big a sell on clause as you suggest.

No evidence we paid that though

Users who are viewing this thread