Gyokeres (6 Viewers)

slowpoke

If the article is right he wants 25m Euros which would be around £23m pounds. £5m extra I can understand why Doug's playing hard ball. the issue, as Kenilworth mentioned, is that nobody wants to pay this outside of England (or even in England from what we have seen.)
I’d rather Gyokeres stays.

Grendel

It's obviously not an ideal situation, is it?

I'm sure MR will be pushing for a resolution ASAP as well as he'll be speaking to DK about the importance of getting things done as soon as they can.

Forgetting how Viks sale is impacting potential 'ins', my point about is playing harder in situations like this, still stands. We cannot be pushovers anymore...too often we've been in meltdown on here for poor transfer fees received. You've probably moaned about some of the fees received previously as well.

It does need resolving ASAP though, I do agree.

Vik out for £20m+, Hamer new contract, 3 newbies in and a new kit launch. That's my hope for the week ahead.

Is there a shred of evidence any club values Gyokeres at £20 m?

Ccfcisparks

But this is the issue, hes sticking to it and its hs way or no way again

Like with the boxes

Like with the staff

Like with the shirt sponsors

He needs to know that with Vik set on Lisbon and them not budging on 20million euros, hes risking it 3 fold. Losing Vik for fuck all next year, an unhappy player for next season who lets be honest does seem prone to a tantrum and half arsedness if he dont get his way, and will stop the rebuild we so desperatley need with such a small squad

He's testing the waters with the boxes, and it seems to have come to a conclusion now.

Staff I'm not arsed about outside the coaching staff, they all are pretty incompetent, despite Pete's protests.

Shirt sponsors we will see what the conlcusion is on that it is only chinese whispers at the moment.

I agree, I'd probably just let him go for 20m Euros and the sell on fee now. If its true Kitching is coming in this week, it either means we do have money before the Gyokeres sale, or it should be coming to a finish very soon. We shall see.

Ccfcisparks

According to loads of no marks on here, Vik stays we challenge for promotion he leaves it’s fingers crossed his replacement comes off.
22 goals 12 assists takes some replacing.
Yes he clearly wants to stay and those tweets by Fabrizio totally werent on behalf of his agent who is trying to force a move. I wish my head was in the sand as deep as yours is.

David O'Day

According to loads of no marks on here, Vik stays we challenge for promotion he leaves it’s fingers crossed his replacement comes off.
22 goals 12 assists takes some replacing.
He wants to go and you don't replace that with one player, we look to spread the goals and assists around the team more because for large periods it was either Vik or Gus that was going to score

napolimp

But this is the issue, hes sticking to it and its hs way or no way again

Like with the boxes

Like with the staff

Like with the shirt sponsors

He needs to know that with Vik set on Lisbon and them not budging on 20million euros, hes risking it 3 fold. Losing Vik for fuck all next year, an unhappy player for next season who lets be honest does seem prone to a tantrum and half arsedness if he dont get his way, and will stop the rebuild we so desperatley need with such a small squad

That's harsh, I've never seen Gyokeres be anything but professional in terms of commitment on the pitch.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I didn't say there was - I said it was my hope.

Seeing some transfer fees from Championship clubs over the last couple of seasons, I'd say £20m is a fair price.

It really isn't and with respect the comparables you're making are quite clearly incorrect as you're not taking into consideration the variables that are relevant to each specific transfer.

£17-£18m is a more than fair price for a player with 1 year left remaining on his deal.

Last edited:

Speedie's Head

£17-£18m is a more than fair price for a player with 1 year left remaining on his deal.
It's part of what happens when the club cannot afford to offer longer contracts to these younger players, whether it's risk, wages or a combination. Even if we do get a late offer now that suits Vik too, it's unlikely to be a great deal better.

Skyblueweeman

It really isn't and with respect the comparables you're making are quite clearly incorrect as you're not taking into consideration the variables that are relevant to each specific transfer.

With respect, you've no idea what I've taken into consideration!

The guy is an international, has been involved in circa 30 goals last season in a competitive league, has strong attributes. Granted, he does only have 1yr left on his contract but decent strikers are hard to come by.

To be fair, everyones entitled to their opinion so happy to see differently on this one.

KenilworthSkyBlue

With respect, you've no idea what I've taken into consideration!

The guy is an international, has been involved in circa 30 goals last season in a competitive league, has strong attributes. Granted, he does only have 1yr left on his contract but decent strikers are hard to come by.

To be fair, everyones entitled to their opinion so happy to see differently on this one.

Out of interest who have you compared Gyokeres to.

The majority of players sold circa £20m+ (or in the vicinity of) in the Championship were from recently relegated former PL clubs. Or they were prospects such as Bellingham or Kane-Potter who were picked up for a premium price due to their potential.

Then there's wildcards such as McBurnie who are simply exceptions to the rule.

Benrahama and Watkins were always going to attract premium bids. They had years left on both their deals and had respectively fantastic seasons. Watkins is obviously English which inevitably comes with a premium. Brentford are also shrewd in terms of their ability to negotiate favourable transfer fees.

Legia Sky Blue

Is there a shred of evidence any club values Gyokeres at £20 m?

Well it looks like we do :)

I suspect Lisbon do too, as I'm sure its primary in their minds that they can make a decent profit on him following a successful season or two in Portugal. Sure I also read that they intend to have a buy out clause in his contract set at a ridiculously high figure.

Lisbon & Viks agent with the help of some friendly news journos are trying to cajole us by any means possible into taking a deal that suits them and not us. Looks like Vik has also helped by scaring off other potential interest by indicating Lisbon are the only show in town. The fact is though at the level we pitch at an extra £3m could have a significant effect on our recruiting power. As long as a deal does get done, then I have no problem with it dragging out for a while yet.

MalcSB

In all this, there is no reason not to be recruiting out of contract players if they are of the required fit for us. Lots has been saved in wages on outgoing players.

no_loyalty

If for whatever reason the deal doesn’t get concluded this week, I assume he will be going to Portugal for the pre-season tour?

Skyblueweeman

Out of interest who have you compared Gyokeres to.

The majority of players sold circa £20m+ (or in the vicinity of) in the Championship were from recently relegated former PL clubs. Or they were prospects such as Bellingham or Kane-Potter who were picked up for a premium price due to their potential.

Then there's wildcards such as McBurnie who are simply exceptions to the rule.

Benrahama and Watkins were always going to attract premium bids. They had years left on both their deals and had respectively fantastic seasons. Watkins is obviously English which inevitably comes with a premium. Brentford are also shrewd in terms of their ability to negotiate favourable transfer fees.
Honestly? No one specific.

My point still stands though on why I think he's worth £20m. If you don't, that's cool.

Esoterica

If for whatever reason the deal doesn’t get concluded this week, I assume he will be going to Portugal for the pre-season tour?
I’ve heard the tour might be off anyway. Doug’s insisted on packing everyone’s bag for them and the players are angry that they would have to lie at the check in desk when asked if they’ve packed their bags themselves.

Speedie's Head

I’ve heard the tour might be off anyway. Doug’s insisted on packing everyone’s bag for them and the players are angry that they would have to lie at the check in desk when asked if they’ve packed their bags themselves.
Ashley would only let them take tat from Sports Direct

SBT

If Doug is able to dig in and get £20m+ for Gyokeres then it’s fantastic business, but unfortunately our dear owner already has a track record of demanding loads of money only to then quietly backtrack after getting laughed at.

jimmyhillsfanclub

.....and Ben Wilson is particularly annoyed as Doug accidently ripped his favourite Morrisons bag (allegedly)

Speedie's Head

Just heard that Doug has told Sporting to stop wasting our time, pay the money or fuck off.

Way to go Doug!
no just Turner reporting sloppy seconds again. He was actually quoting fans, King's said nothing in public as far as I can see

Users who are viewing this thread