Gyokeres (10 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

As it stands that's two different valuations, as the maximum someone is willing to pay does not match our valuation. Just because I value my house at a certain figure, doesn't necessarily mean it's worth it.

Just because 10 people offer you £100 also doesn’t mean that’s its valuation.

It’s supply and demand.

The amount we’re prepared to sell for affects his value

Sky Blue Pete

Fly all the way to England.... Just to offer the same deal they pretty much started out with. FFS. You know the asking price, stump up the cash.

Robins should be on the phone to Vik telling him that they clearly dont rate him enough to pay what he's worth
With the agents???

fernandopartridge

So you're advocating for losing your bottle and take the offer?

There is next to no chance that Sporting walk away completely and even less chance that he sits out his contract.

We know Sporting have more cash, they've just sold a striker to PSG. We know they're all in, cause of the media coverage and rumour. Both sides are working out when the other will break.

Sporting will not want to spend all this time, effort etc and not get their man. We ultimately have made a decision that Vik is worth 20 million at this point. I'm happy to trust Doug has rationale behind that, he has actually done nothing but be astute since he came into the club.

Who bears the greatest risk? Them with £50m in the bank or us with nothing?

1ccfc

It’s supply and demand.
Let's hope that the demand is there for the price we want. So far there doesn't appear to be the demand above what SL are offering. Although, as fans we probably don't know everything that's happening and there is still time. Still, it's a big gamble for a club like ours.

edgy

Sporting fans now turning on their president for failing to agree figures.

Seems to be some discrepancies between the first reported fee of 20m, which he confirmed in an interview and the latest reported fee of 18m + unknown add ons.

Reactions: vow

bigfatronssba

Well I guess we’ll see how this all plays out.

Either King is awful at negotiating a sale, or he has a level of respect for our club that no owner in my lifetime has had.

Whatever happens, it’s nice to see us not being a pushover for once. Also it casts doubts on recent theories that Doug is a chancer who is just out for a quick buck

Yorkshire SB

Still two months to play with, not like we’re a fortnight away from the window closing. £15m seems a bit of a shit offer, King must know we can get more.

shmmeee

Ultimately it should be up to Robins if he goes unless Doug is offering to match the budget. And if Robins wants to cash in then he has a say on time no so he can gel replacements in time.

bigfatronssba

I can’t believe how quickly some of you lose your bottle.

It was generally regarded as fact on here a few weeks ago that for Gyokeres and Hamer we’d get a combined £40m in

DrPoolittle

it’s good to know that the club continue to drive a hard bargain, although it does look as if a deal might be concluded this week.

But keeping Gyokeres until his contract expires isn’t a viable option. The club need that money, otherwise how can Robins bring in 8 or so players.

Not only that, an unhappy Gyokeres isn’t going to perform to the best of his ability and risk injury.

City will sell.

clint van damme

Ultimately it should be up to Robins if he goes unless Doug is offering to match the budget. And if Robins wants to cash in then he has a say on time no so he can gel replacements in time.

I think Simms is all but a done deal.

Tomh111

Completely and utterly incorrect.

We set the price. If anything, the opposite is true and the basement price has been set.
Just to be clear I mean for other clubs. Obviously if Sporting walk away then they have reached their ceiling.

They aren't the only club interested however.

DrPoolittle

Just to be clear I mean for other clubs. Obviously if Sporting walk away then they have reached their ceiling.

They aren't the only club interested however.
Possibly

But I suspect Gyokeres only wants to go to Lisbon. I don’t blame him.

City can accept bids from elsewhere but you can’t force a player to leave

Essexrobbie

There has got to be a deadline as to whether he goes or stays. If clubs think they can take him the day before the season starts giving us no time to find a replacement then they've got to know that's not on.

Tomh111

Possibly

But I suspect Gyokeres only wants to go to Lisbon. I don’t blame him.

City can accept bids from elsewhere but you can’t force a player to leave
I'm not sure that it's that cut and dry. He clearly has a preference for Sporting, but if Atalanta or a Prem side come in and its laid plain - them or us then I don't think he stays.

Users who are viewing this thread