Gyokeres (3 Viewers)

robbiethemole

Just heard that Doug has told Sporting to stop wasting our time, pay the money or fuck off.

Way to go Doug!
tough stance tho, pay us what we want or he stays? I know Doug has said if he doesn't get full price, Vik will have to see out his contract,, but he won't be happy to stay, so do we just put him with the U21's for a year?
Doug needs to stand firm and get the best price.

Speedie's Head

tough stance tho, pay us what we want or he stays? I know Doug has said if he doesn't get full price, Vik will have to see out his contract,, but he won't be happy to stay, so do we just put him with the U21's for a year?
I think he said something a lot softer along the lines of being undecided about just letting him play out his contract. I don't think anyone really took that seriously and it was also a while ago now.

fernandopartridge

I genuinely don't understand why people are clamouring to pass up on the money?

Even an extra 500k is vital to our club, on the playing and non-playing side.

Its refreshing in my eyes that we are not backing down and we are squeezing every penny out of a deal.
Because the longer it goes on the weaker the club's bargaining position is, if he isn't sold this window it's a lot more than £500k down the swanny.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

He doesn’t mean it literally, it’s part of negotiating.

Hobo

Sporting have you looked down the back of the sofa for loose change? Check your draws for unwanted jewelry and watches? Come on we are close!

Skyblueweeman

no just Turner reporting sloppy seconds again. He was actually quoting fans, King's said nothing in public as far as I can see

And on that link, it says that 'Claims that Coventry City are demanding a “huge fee” for Viktor Gyokeres have been met with anger by the Sky Blue faithful' but then with the quotes from fans below, they're all in support of demanding a huge fee?!

Reactions: vow

ajsccfc

And on that link, it says that 'Claims that Coventry City are demanding a “huge fee” for Viktor Gyokeres have been met with anger by the Sky Blue faithful' but then with the quotes from fans below, they're all in support of demanding a huge fee?!
I think the anger is how Here we go Romano is portraying it as a ridiculously huge number and we should take whatever is offered and be thankful for the business

Tomh111

Because the longer it goes on the weaker the club's bargaining position is, if he isn't sold this window it's a lot more than £500k down the swanny.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
So you're advocating for losing your bottle and take the offer?

There is next to no chance that Sporting walk away completely and even less chance that he sits out his contract.

We know Sporting have more cash, they've just sold a striker to PSG. We know they're all in, cause of the media coverage and rumour. Both sides are working out when the other will break.

Sporting will not want to spend all this time, effort etc and not get their man. We ultimately have made a decision that Vik is worth 20 million at this point. I'm happy to trust Doug has rationale behind that, he has actually done nothing but be astute since he came into the club.

1ccfc

Robins should be on the phone to Vik telling him that they clearly dont rate him enough to pay what he's worth
What is he worth though? It doesn't appear that any other clubs are looking to compete with Sporting. From what we know, thiers is currently the best offer.

There is next to no chance that Sporting walk away completely and even less chance that he sits out his contract.
What if he gets injured. CoH was looking like he was going last August, then he got injured.

Tomh111

What is he worth though? It doesn't appear that any other clubs are looking to compete with Sporting. From what we know, thiers is currently the best offer.

What if he gets injured. CoH was looking like he was going last August, then he got injured.
Injury is factored into his valuation, that's part of how ypu make the informed choice.

If he does an ACL, he knows his value drops - he may even sign a new contract here as a result.

Speedie's Head

I suspect the agent stands most to gain from selling Gyokores to Lisbon. Probably sorted himself a higher commission from them than he would get for a deal elsewhere!
The new cap on fees to agents comes in after this window. Agents will be trying to get as much business as they possibly can this summer.

Reactions: vow

bigfatronssba

He’s worth the maximum someone is willing to pay that also meets our valuation

long way home

Seems like King is prepared to walk away from the negotiating table, which is the only right thing to do when walking towards it. If the price is not what he wants he is willing to walk away and let the player walk for free next year. He can also do this as other clubs are showing interest in the player.

My only worry is Robins doesn't feel the same and knows he cant wait for funds to become available. Robins will not want Vik around the place or distraction from the groups aim. He will also want to know the budget as Viks outcome will effect that figure. Robins has always shown calmness when dealing with the owners past and present and will by the look of it have to do it again. I still think Vik will go but time could start to become an issue that effects a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread