Gyokeres (5 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Yep, that's exactly what happened at Sheffield United, they accepted Evertons offer of c22 million for Illiman Ndiaye, and off he wen..... oh, hang on ....
Yeah, we're really comparable to a team that was in the PL a few seasons ago.

Major Tom

Im pretty sure Gyokeres can wait out the remaining 12-14 weeks left of the season and select the right move for himself instead of rushing this through and I’d imagine his agent and robins will be advising him to be patient if a offer came in last minute.

He may want to go to play for a European club for all we know.
I agree who says he needs to stay in England

JimmyHillsbeard

Can anyone remember a Cov player that turned down a move after the club accepted a fee? Only Misfud as I recall but he was asking for silly money to go to Bristol City apparently, he still wanted to leave CCFC and it was nothing about loyalty.

Dion Dublin turned down a £6.5m bid from Blackburn. A week later he joined Villa for £5.1m

TomRad85

Honestly being able to sell a player for this kind of money under an owner who would let the management reinvest is exactly what this club needs (even though the morons on Facebook would have a meltdown) but if we did it today with no time to replace it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth. The rest of the season would be fucking shite.

JimmyHillsbeard

Weren't Blackburn offering less money?

Not to us. Somehow Villa knew *exactly* the terms of his release fee in his contract but Blackburn offered what they thought was the market price. Ofc he didn’t need to move house and Vile could have offered him more in wages

Ashdown

Vik is an excellent striker at our level. In the Prem he would have to really up his game to compete, he misses too many chances to be a really big hit. If he leaves Coventry it will purely be for financial reasons not because he will enjoy his football more.
He’s a star here and with a decent wage can still have a damn good life.
Say £15k per week for another 4 years here ?
It’s over £3m , how much do people want fucksake.
Naivety on my part I know but it’s crazy…

Yorkshire SB

Vik is an excellent striker at our level. In the Prem he would have to really up his game to compete, he misses too many chances to be a really big hit. If he leaves Coventry it will purely be for financial reasons not because he will enjoy his football more.
He’s a star here and with a decent wage can still have a damn good life.
Say £15k per week for another 4 years here ?
It’s over £3m , how much do people want fucksake.
Naivety on my part I know but it’s crazy…
Or he makes the grade as a decent PL striker (8-12 goals a season), plays against the best players in the world, probably earn £50k a week, and improve his international ambitions.

JimmyHillsbeard

We simply don’t know how successful Gyökeres might be in the Premier League. He might struggle and his shortcomings might be exposed but on the other hand they might not if he has better players around him to benefit.

From his perspective I’m sure he will have strong belief in his own ability. He joined us after a mildly successful loan but has been a roaring success. No one can seriously deny that he looks a much better player this season than last and last season he was better than on loan. His international status has also improved and Swedish fans are certainly aware of his reputation now.

Every week he tears through defences and wins and retains the ball in places where you think he has no right to be in possession. Every game the opposition take in turns to tag team him and try to wrestle him to the ground. One of his markers will normally be booked. Even Burnley found he broke through on 4-5 occasions.

Given this I suspect he could well be a success in the PL, I’d certainly expect more of the challenges on him to result in cards free kicks and penalties.

If the club accept an offer I can’t begrudge him leaving us for greener pastures. I’m hoping he stays until the summer but let’s see.

edgy

The players have the day off as it’s a Friday game this week. Sorry should have been clearer on that
You Got Me Lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

fatso

Yeah, we're really comparable to a team that was in the PL a few seasons ago.
There's plenty of players turning down Everton's advances. I'm sure Vik's agent will of been approached by other clubs representatives, offering a move at the end of the season or at the end of his contract.
Why move now to a club that looks odds on to get relegated? When you can have your pick of clubs at the end of the season.

If we sell him now it's because the offer suits the club, not Vik.
I think people are worried about nothing.

Evo1883

Except in classic SBT style half of us think selling Vik is bad and half think not selling him is 😂 😂
Well imo it's not bad to not sell him , but I think eventually to improve the team all-over it will have to happen .

NorthernWisdom

There's plenty of players turning down Everton's advances. I'm sure Vik's agent will of been approached by other clubs representatives, offering a move at the end of the season or at the end of his contract.
Why move now to a club that looks odds on to get relegated? When you can have your pick of clubs at the end of the season.

If we sell him now it's because the offer suits the club, not Vik.
I think people are worried about nothing.
You reckon clubs would be approaching him offering a move in 18 months time?!?

fatso

You reckon clubs would be approaching him offering a move in 18 months time?!?
If City dont sell him now, then of fucking course other clubs will contact him. The club know that, so they'll offer a new contract, he will reject it, and we will sell at the end of the season.
That suits all parties. We get a decent fee, Vik gets a fat pay rise and the choice of whoever meets our valuation at that time.
We use the money as part of the squad rebuild.

Or he waits a year, sees out his contract and moves for no fee, but gets rewarded with higher wages. That's how it works.

NorthernWisdom

If City dont sell him now, then of fucking course other clubs will contact him. The club know that, so they'll offer a new contract, he will reject it, and we will sell at the end of the season.
That suits all parties. We get a decent fee, Vik gets a fat pay rise and the choice of whoever meets our valuation at that time.
We use the money as part of the squad rebuild.
You really think clubs are going to offer him a deal for 18 months time now?!?

Wow!

Fucking wow, to use the parlance.

Winny the Bish

Highly doubt Vik goes today. There’d be rumblings of a deal somewhere and the only attackers getting linked to Everton at the moment are Ayew and Sulemana.

Speedies_Chips

Honestly being able to sell a player for this kind of money under an owner who would let the management reinvest is exactly what this club needs (even though the morons on Facebook would have a meltdown) but if we did it today with no time to replace it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth. The rest of the season would be fucking shite.
Never understood the generalisation of groups of fans based on which social media platform they use. Quite often see, phrases like the one above, or "the twats on Twitter" etc.. Do we assume they refer to the arseholes on SBT etc? Surely there is an evenly split cross-section of society on each one, and the particular one (or more than one) you use doesn't define who you are. Why is it tribal?

Users who are viewing this thread