Gyokeres (8 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

which ultimately could leave him playing in the Championship again next season.
Could argue it's a free hit though. Bigger salary, could get himself a better move in the last games and, even then, the higher profile of Everton could see him in demand the level above where he is now, even if he was scoring in this division again.

curly_tom

If the club accept an offer he would definitely go. He'd be insane not to, a huge step up. Even if they went down, which I doubt they will as they never do, they would smash our division I reckon. They have so much money and resource. They are are a huge team despite recent poor form

rexo87

Having said all of that, surprised to see no mention of Gyo in the Guardian write-up about Dyche and their transfer targets:
I think theyve moved on for now - however things move very very quickly on deadline day plus Gallagher has turned them down

Calista

Everton seem to be getting spurned by multiple transfer targets. It's certainly a very big club, but it's toxic at the moment.

AFCCOVENTRY

In all honesty I can’t see Vik being interested in a move to Everton. He will have a pick of clubs he could go to in summer who are stable and playing top flight football.

fernandopartridge

Everton seem to be getting spurned by multiple transfer targets. It's certainly a very big club, but it's toxic at the moment.

No, that's not possible. All footballers are motivated by money only and can't see the toxicity and think nothing of fans abusing their fellow pros.

lord_garrincha

Desperate Everton are giving me Will Grigg / Sunderland vibes... All we need to do is hold firm til around 9ish tomorrow and we might get Neymar money!

Just don't do a straight swap with Dele Alli!

CDK

25 million difficult to refuse,Everton 45million for Gallagher think that will stop vik going there . hopefully it does.

alexccfc99

Newcastle United seem to think it’s ok.
Yes he is one of the 3 players of any real value who I mentioned - Him, Pickford and Onana aside, the rest are not very good and pick up quite a lot of money a week so realistically can’t see there being many outgoings at Everton between now and tomorrow night

mark82

Yes he is one of the 3 players of any real value who I mentioned - Him, Pickford and Onana aside, the rest are not very good and pick up quite a lot of money a week so realistically can’t see there being many outgoings at Everton between now and tomorrow night

Calvert-Lewin, although he's had injury issues.
Tarkowski & Coady both decent Premier League defenders.
Idrissa Gueye is a decent player but getting on a bit now.

alexccfc99

Calvert-Lewin, although he's had injury issues.
Tarkowski & Coady both decent Premier League defenders.
Idrissa Gueye is a decent player but getting on a bit now.
Calvert-Lewis is pony, he just had a purple patch a few years ago

Coady isn’t their player to sell either he’s still on loan

David O'Day

Can't see us accepting a bid on the last day unless it is massive and we already have a player to come in

Even armed with 20 million quid (yes I know we won't get all the fee for transfers) it will be hard to get a suitable replacement in one day and that is before you take into account the fact other clubs will know we have had a windfall and are desperate.

Tommo1993

A freakishly large jump in wages at a much bigger club than he’s ever played for. With a big but probably fair expectation from fans rightly flapping their arses that they’re about to lose top flight status?

Naaah. I don’t see the attraction.

Too late in the window, I really don’t think it’ll happen now, but still. I think the club haven’t accepted because there’s been nothing to accept/reject.

SIR ERNIE

Having said all of that, surprised to see no mention of Gyo in the Guardian write-up about Dyche and their transfer targets:
Yes but The Guardian are hardly an respected authority on football...or anything else for that matter.

Ashdown

£25m - assume Brighton may get £4m

At that point you would look for a loan for the rest of the season, and see how you can build a promotion team on £20m in the summer

Previously the discussion was how much would SISU allow
Surely the game has now changed that all of the proceeds could be reinvested
Build a promotion team really…..until more bids are then made for Hamer, Sheaf and Ohare….and then we cash in and build repeat infinitum…….If we really don’t have to sell then let’s keep him, get another year on his contract and build around him ?!
Vik is absolutely integral to our success, especially when Ohare could play. Sell him and scratch that, if people think Godden and Walker are going to step up…..Pah !

Bad Boy

MR and King are going to look mighty stupid if Vik goes having come out and said he's going nowhere in this window.
Unless they trot out the 'he was unsettled, he wanted to go and so and so FC offered unbelievable money and we couldn't turn it down' bullshit.

PVA

The point remains that wages are not the sole attraction. Gallagher wants to start every week and I imagine would be no worse off yet still doesn't fancy it.

Yeah exactly, no worse off. Gyokeres would be 5x better off, probably more.

If Everton offered to increase Gallagher's wages fivefold he'd be off.

Users who are viewing this thread