Gyokeres (7 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

But the point is you buy low and sell high to enable the overall quality of the squad to rise.
It's a new era too. Problem is we knew SISU would take a sizeable debt to service running costs. I wouldn't expect all money back into transfer fees now, but I'd certainly expect most of it. Maybe optimistic, but £30-35mil reinvested after selling Gyokeres, Hamer, O'Hare and Sheaf (although couldn't see him going for as much as the others) and even I would think we'd have a fighting chance of playoffs once they all gelled. So yeah, might need a season bedding in, but we'd have the strongest buying power we've had for years.

Deity

MR and King are going to look mighty stupid if Vik goes having come out and said he's going nowhere in this window.
Unless they trot out the 'he was unsettled, he wanted to go and so and so FC offered unbelievable money and we couldn't turn it down' bullshit.
I think if City sell Vik for anything greater than £18m but promise to make most of it available for the summer rebuild most fans will think that us very good business.

shmmeee

It's a new era too. Problem is we knew SISU would take a sizeable debt to service running costs. I wouldn't expect all money back into transfer fees now, but I'd certainly expect most of it. Maybe optimistic, but £30-35mil reinvested after selling Gyokeres, Hamer, O'Hare and Sheaf (although couldn't see him going for as much as the others) and even I would think we'd have a fighting chance of playoffs once they all gelled. So yeah, might need a season bedding in, but we'd have the strongest buying power we've had for years.

It’s also a stock of 5-10 or even more players with potential rather than 2-3. So we can sell one without it destroying the whole team. The alternative is we keep everyone either on ludicrous contracts that bankrupt the club or until they leave for free.

Hertsccfc

Conor Gallagher refusing to go to Everton
It would be a terrible move for Conor Gallagher. I think Gyokeres can do a lot better too, and will do in the summer. Somewhere like Leicester (Vardy needs replacing) ,Crystal palace or Brentford would be better for him.

pusbccfc

Apparently hearing reports that Vik might have handed in a transfer request after training today. Devastated, but don't blame him.

Nearly as funny as when everyone thought Godden and Vik had a tear up in training before Norwich away 😆

Sky Blue Pete

Can't see us accepting a bid on the last day unless it is massive and we already have a player to come in

Even armed with 20 million quid (yes I know we won't get all the fee for transfers) it will be hard to get a suitable replacement in one day and that is before you take into account the fact other clubs will know we have had a windfall and are desperate.
We wouldn’t get a suitable replacement we may get an excellent loan but not a replacement and we will struggle to score but it may give the club an opportunity to grow and progress like never before in the previous 10-15 years

Sky Blue Pete

It’s also a stock of 5-10 or even more players with potential rather than 2-3. So we can sell one without it destroying the whole team. The alternative is we keep everyone either on ludicrous contracts that bankrupt the club or until they leave for free.
That’s got to be how it works

stevefloyd

The thing is if he is here on around 10k a week and gets a rise to around 40k a week its a bit of a head turner for sure, sure Vik is very good but Everton need someone more proven in the Prem so lets see if cash wins...I would go for it if I had ever been in that exalted position so over to you Dougy bear spin his head back this way and build a team around him :)

Hobo

If Gyokeres goes he would be sensible to go in summer. A full pre season with his new team to bond and bed in. Also a fresh season clean sheet ahead of the team he has joined.

Or he could join Everton now with the responsibility of digging Everton out of a hole in a relegation dogfight. The fans will expect him to hit the ground running. He wont be given time to adjust to the step up. The fans wont be patient this is a team never relegated from top flight football.

He needs to choose his next move carefully, team and timing is very important.

CCFCSteve

If Gyokeres goes he would be sensible to go in summer. A full pre season with his new team to bond and bed in. Also a fresh season clean sheet ahead of the team he has joined.

Or he could join Everton now with the responsibility of digging Everton out of a hole in a relegation dogfight. The fans will expect him to hit the ground running. He wont be given time to adjust to the step up. The fans wont be patient this is a team never relegated from top flight football.

Agree with all of that but the counter in his (and his agents !!!) head is look what happened to Ohare

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But this is what I’ve been saying - Gyokeres is an elite athlete, he wont be worried about the expectation. He’ll put more pressure on himself to score goals and he’ll back himself to do it

if he’s worried about fans expectation he’ll never make it as a premier league footballer.

half our fans kicked off when we signed him based on his loan - he still backed himself to come here and be the player he is

Hobo

But this is what I’ve been saying - Gyokeres is an elite athlete, he wont be worried about the expectation. He’ll put more pressure on himself to score goals and he’ll back himself to do it

if he’s worried about fans expectation he’ll never make it as a premier league footballer.

half our fans kicked off when we signed him based on his loan - he still backed himself to come here and be the player he is

Believing is only part of achieving and you can increase your odds. When he joined us on loan it was nothing like the situation Everton are in.

He could go now and be a success with a bit of luck. But he is still learning week on week here. His progress is less likely to stall here than at Everton over the rest of this season.

Hobo

Can’t help but feel all this career advice for Vik is a tad biased 😂

It really isn't. If he goes he will go with my best wishes. You can't fault his effort and achievements at this club. But he still has areas of his game that needs improvement.

I have always said Maddison was very sensible choosing Norwich then Leicester. While others have chose the more glamorous move sooner and then sunk like a stone.

Grendel

It really isn't. If he goes he will go with my best wishes. You can't fault his effort and achievements at this club. But he still has areas of his game that needs improvement.

I have always said Maddison was very sensible choosing Norwich then Leicester. While others have chose the more glamorous move sooner and then sunk like a stone.

Maddison didn’t choice Norwich he wanted to wait for a bigger club

CCFC54321

Im pretty sure Gyokeres can wait out the remaining 12-14 weeks left of the season and select the right move for himself instead of rushing this through and I’d imagine his agent and robins will be advising him to be patient if a offer came in last minute.

He may want to go to play for a European club for all we know.

1ccfc

I think if Everton were interested it would be a big gamble for them. There has been many Championship players who haven't made the step up. It would make more sense as a summer transfer or if they were in a better position. Everton need goals now, even if it means getting a loan player or older proven player just to secure survial and look at a squad overhaul in the summer.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Leicester are paying £15 mill for defender from Stoke, surely with the premium added for attacking players the fee would have to be close to £25 million for Gyikeres

JimmyHillsbeard

Leicester are paying £15 mill for defender from Stoke, surely with the premium added for attacking players the fee would have to be close to £25 million for Gyikeres

It’s not just any defender though. It’s a top-rated player who’s been out with injury for a year and made a very impressive comeback at the World Cup. I’m surprised that Souter doesn’t have “better” options than going to Leicester tbh.

slowpoke

I think if Everton were interested it would be a big gamble for them. There has been many Championship players who haven't made the step up. It would make more sense as a summer transfer or if they were in a better position. Everton need goals now, even if it means getting a loan player or older proven player just to secure survial and look at a squad overhaul in the summer.
Think they have tried just seems established players don’t fancy Everton for some reason. Perhaps this expected miracle worker Dyche can attract someone but it’s a bit late in the day.

fatso

Some of the straw clutching on here is great - if Everton have a bid accepted he’d be off like a shot.
Yep, that's exactly what happened at Sheffield United, they accepted Evertons offer of c22 million for Illiman Ndiaye, and off he wen..... oh, hang on ....

Skyblue_CP

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter where they are, he’s on no more than 5-6K a week here, if they offer him 50k a week he’s out the door and I wouldn’t blame him.

Offhegoes

Can anyone remember a Cov player that turned down a move after the club accepted a fee? Only Misfud as I recall but he was asking for silly money to go to Bristol City apparently, he still wanted to leave CCFC and it was nothing about loyalty.

Users who are viewing this thread