Gyokeres (8 Viewers)

1ccfc

Vik is an excellent striker at our level. In the Prem he would have to really up his game to compete, he misses too many chances to be a really big hit. If he leaves Coventry it will purely be for financial reasons not because he will enjoy his football more.
He’s a star here and with a decent wage can still have a damn good life.
Say £15k per week for another 4 years here ?
It’s over £3m , how much do people want fucksake.
Naivety on my part I know but it’s crazy…
Yep it's over £3 mil, but that's gross. He'll have to pay tax on that which will bring it down considerably. I still wouldn't mind it myself though.

CCFC54321

Gyokeres missus plays for juventus women side I’ve been told and just presuming here he may want to be nearer his bird. (If he wants a move?)

Just putting it out there…

shmmeee

Never understood the generalisation of groups of fans based on which social media platform they use. Quite often see, phrases like the one above, or "the twats on Twitter" etc.. Do we assume they refer to the arseholes on SBT etc? Surely there is an evenly split cross-section of society on each one, and the particular one (or more than one) you use doesn't define who you are. Why is it tribal?

Different communities have different cultures and different social media sites have different demographics and encourage different debate styles 🤷🏻‍♂️

itsabuzzard

Never understood the generalisation of groups of fans based on which social media platform they use. Quite often see, phrases like the one above, or "the twats on Twitter" etc.. Do we assume they refer to the arseholes on SBT etc? Surely there is an evenly split cross-section of society on each one, and the particular one (or more than one) you use doesn't define who you are. Why is it tribal?
Keyboard warriors.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

TomRad85

You've read the shit on there right?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Vik is an excellent striker at our level. In the Prem he would have to really up his game to compete, he misses too many chances to be a really big hit. If he leaves Coventry it will purely be for financial reasons not because he will enjoy his football more.
He’s a star here and with a decent wage can still have a damn good life.
Say £15k per week for another 4 years here ?
It’s over £3m , how much do people want fucksake.
Naivety on my part I know but it’s crazy…

He'll be fine in the EPL.
The best 2 teams we played last year were Fulham and Southampton and he ran them ragged.

Flying Fokker

If City dont sell him now, then of fucking course other clubs will contact him. The club know that, so they'll offer a new contract, he will reject it, and we will sell at the end of the season.
That suits all parties. We get a decent fee, Vik gets a fat pay rise and the choice of whoever meets our valuation at that time.
We use the money as part of the squad rebuild.

Or he waits a year, sees out his contract and moves for no fee, but gets rewarded with higher wages. That's how it works.
In that case, I’d sell now (If) we are guaranteed survival this year, before he picks up an injury.

fatso

In that case, I’d sell now (If) we are guaranteed survival this year, before he picks up an injury.
It's got to be on King and MR mind.
Although we are only 4 points off the play offs with players coming back from injuries and new defenders available. If we can put another little run together we are right back in the mix.

Do we stick or twist?

Reactions: vow

1ccfc

Although we are only 4 points off the play offs with players coming back from injuries and new defenders available. If we can put another little run together we are right back in the mix.

Do we stick or twist?
Stick. I remember the 2013/14 season when we sold Leon Clarke at the end of the January window. After that we only won 4 league games for the rest of the season.

Skybluecol

Do we stick or twist?
Fuckin stick!!! 😁

vow

Stick. I remember the 2013/14 season when we sold Leon Clarke at the end of the January window. After that we only won 4 league games for the rest of the season.
Very true, but Clarke was a bit a nomad and defo wanted to leave for Wolves, unfortunately.

vow

Do we stick or twist?
Great points, stick or twist!?

I'd love for him to stay, however, as others have alluded to, the O'Hare saga and then injury might make MR/King twist!?

fernandopartridge

That's why I told them to stick their transfer up their arses, yeah!?

Three cheers, three cheers for Vik...hip hip

6c69340e8be91baa19a32c68ae64e929.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

That's why I told them to stick their transfer up their arses, yeah!?

Three cheers, three cheers for Vik...hip hip

6c69340e8be91baa19a32c68ae64e929.jpg

‘Viktor, are you saying you cheated medical science and pretended to have thrush just to stay here?’

‘What’s worse Doug-cheating medical science or cheating friends?’

Flying Fokker

Sky Sports News' Vinny OConnor:

"We knew of Everton's longstanding interest in Sulemana of Rennes and there was potential maybe for a deal to get done. However, he won't be moving to Everton. It seems he has chosen Southampton.

"The other potential deal was Victor Gyokeres- again, longstanding interest in the Coventry striker. 13 goals in 29 games for Coventry this season. We're told that is a move is not happening as well.

SkyBlueMatt

Apparently Barcelona are in for another of Everton's targets, Elanga. It's getting very toxic on their forum and twitter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a desperate, last minute bid for Gyokeres for crazy money.

robbiethemole

If you've never been there, ffs don't go for your own sanity!!
The people on there make this lot all look like MENSA candidates, even @Greggs! ( no offence )

Legia Sky Blue

This feels like it could be a really long day. If we have set out a £25m tag it sounds like we are saying he's not for sale at this point. While Everton might be now putting it out that they are no longer interested, they might be doing so from a bargaining angle of their own hoping we will voluntarily come back to the table. Much depends on how desperate Everton or others become & whether we indeed do not want to sell. I hope I'm wrong but in reality he will probably be sold for £15m at 10:59, with him being loaned to them until the end of the season to ease the deal through on time :(

Users who are viewing this thread