Gyokeres fee (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

If I supported a low end premier league club and they spunked 25 million on Vik I’d be a bit pissed off

why? I can think of useless crap for 40-50m in many premier league sides

£20m approx is fair for Vik in todays market

Sky Blue Harry H

12 million is what we will get. We are hardly in a strong bargaining position

Depends if more than one team is after him(you'd think that was likely). If that is the case, the price will go up.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Cos you could easily get us down to half that
Supply and demand do you think there will be only 1 club wants him. Scored goals last 2 seasons(no flash in the pan) and improving all the time. Not only bottom of PL the sides going up I think would pay that.IMHO I think he loves the adulation and will stay he will be offered an improved contract .(big fish little pond)

Kieranp96

I don’t know about McBurnie but Watkins had a long contract (4 years to go at Brentford or something)
And he wasn't crap, watkins will spend the rest of his career in the prem, mcBurnie though lol, youre also forgetting rhian brewster who was another expensive flop for sheff united

Kieranp96

i think we will get 10/12m fee upfront, with a sell on clause and maybe some other bonuses, but he can't afford to keep him, he is so much better than us in our current position, we need his funs, and we can't offer him a new contract and build a team around him because if people haven't noticed we're broke.

if we was a better supported club, 28k+ attendances then maybe we could have kept him but we're not so we need to make sacrifices for the future of the club, and hope we find more gems

Flying Fokker

Irrelevant what others have gone for now

January window was when we would have got the top dollar, 25 Million ball park

With 1 year left on his contract I cannot see us getting more than 12 Million. We aren't in any sort of bargaining position when the player has just a year left

Ideally he signs a 1 year extension on 3 X his wage with a release figure of say 18 Million, but if he doesn't we HAVE to sell him.

This is why I feel player plus cash deals are what we need to look for. If Burnley offered say 8 Million and ,McNally + Twine you'd be stupid to not snap their hands off
Then we’d be able to say ‘Twine did’st come’.

Nuskyblue

I think we will just fall short of a play off push (injuries) so its inevitable Vik will leave, he will be a very good prem player and if he brushes up his finishing he will be exceptional

I believe a fee of 20mill is now too low, i think 30mill is now a more realistic fee, discuss
I'd tend to agree if he had a longer contract.

Watkins and Benrahma were in that ballpark when they left Brentford. Gyo is like a hybrid of the two but better looking which should add 10%

Peter Billing

Can see there being interest from abroad.
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up somewhere in Italy like Ostigard or Germany, he's more likely to get game time than going straight into the Prem.

ptr

Desperately needs to stop hammering players if they don’t pass him the ball. He was pocketed tonight and took it out on others. They weren’t very good, but he destroyed JWE and BNC’s confidence.

Angry Vik is only every good when he takes that anger out on the opposition. Tonight was too much.

…I do however condone him going mad at Bidwell for that miss. I was doing the same.

Macca

Desperately needs to stop hammering players if they don’t pass him the ball. He was pocketed tonight and took it out on others. They weren’t very good, but he destroyed JWE and BNC’s confidence.

Angry Vik is only every good when he takes that anger out on the opposition. Tonight was too much.

…I do however condone him going mad at Bidwell for that miss. I was doing the same.

Indeed and when a premier league pays the 400 million pound fee for him that everyone is expecting he will have to deal with being pocketed every week

Brylowes

The amount we receive if/when he does leave will ultimately depend on 2 things.
1, How much someone is willing to pay.
2, How many different clubs seriously want him, which could increase the fee significantly.

He’s definitely the sort of player likely to appeal to many different clubs.

skyblue025

I think the deal for him is already done. That's why Robins kept saying he won't be sold in this window knowing he would be going in the next one.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Burnley with Mcnally coming our way and 10-12mil + add ons. I could be completely wrong though.

rob9872

We already have a % to pay to Brighton so anything less than £15m I'd make him stay his last season and let him leave for nothing as we couldn't replace him and I'd gamble he can get us promoted.

rob9872

So if we sell him for £12m and £2.4m goes to Brighton, how much of the balance do you think Robins gets? Fir every Vik there's a Hillsner or DaCosta and if hegets half then no way imo can we replace what he gives us in leading the line and goals, which is crucial for the way Robins sets his teams up.

LastGarrison

So if we sell him for £12m and £2.4m goes to Brighton, how much of the balance do you think Robins gets? Fir every Vik there's a Hillsner or DaCosta and if hegets half then no way imo can we replace what he gives us in leading the line and goals, which is crucial for the way Robins sets his teams up.
And what happens if we don’t get promoted next season with him?

We then have no Vik and no money.

rob9872

And what happens if we don’t get promoted next season with him?

We then have no Vik and no money.
Well yes he could get injured and we might not go up (although equally the new signings could get injured or be a Tyler Walker/Martyn Waghorn too). 20 goal strikers at this level are gold dust which is why there aren't many around and why we haven't had one for years, so I just see it that we have a better chance with than without Vik. If that project fails in two years then we'll likely fall back to low end championship obscurity, but I feel this is our best opportunity since relegation from the Prem.

robbiekeane

The amount we receive if/when he does leave will ultimately depend on 2 things.
1, How much someone is willing to pay.
2, How many different clubs seriously want him, which could increase the fee significantly.

He’s definitely the sort of player likely to appeal to many different clubs.
1 and 2 are the same

Users who are viewing this thread