Gyokeres fee (1 Viewer)

covboy9

I think we will just fall short of a play off push (injuries) so its inevitable Vik will leave, he will be a very good prem player and if he brushes up his finishing he will be exceptional

I believe a fee of 20mill is now too low, i think 30mill is now a more realistic fee, discuss

CcfcMatty

We have to remember he has a year left on his contract and be realistic about it. Even if that wasn’t the case £30m would be unrealistic, but in the summer he’d be 6 months away for signing elsewhere for £0. If he signs a new deal it will be with the understanding that a reasonable offer would get accepted, I expect we’ll see something like £18+2m if that happens. £12-15m if not.

ccfc1234

His true value should be around £25m with a sell on clause inserted simular to that of James Maddison.

Ollie Watkins was sold for £32m a few seasons ago and based on Viks performances age and potential anything less than £20m would be a poor deal for the club.

CDK

Last year of contract,who comes in with 25 million bid only a team that needs a striker ,normally would be a bottom half side as top clubs wait to the contract is run down so his price comes down as it's not about his value.

ccfc1234

Last year of contract,who comes in with 25 million bid only a team that needs a striker ,normally would be a bottom half side as top clubs wait to the contract is run down so his price comes down as it's not about his value.
Your post assumes he will not sign a new deal on improved terms?
We own a sought after asset I would start at 25m if we have to settle for less because of other factors, such as he won't sign a deal or does the dirty on the club and becomes purposefully toxic to be around yes we may need to settle for less than his market value.

Ashdown

Make a significant pay offer to him and offer him a 4 year deal, build a team around him !
Get a good insurance deal on him though as with the yards he covers in a game and our track rate he could break down at some point.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think we will just fall short of a play off push (injuries) so its inevitable Vik will leave, he will be a very good prem player and if he brushes up his finishing he will be exceptional

I believe a fee of 20mill is now too low, i think 30mill is now a more realistic fee, discuss
I agree. People are forgetting Brighton have a 15% sell on fee. Sheffield Utd paid £20M for Ollie McBurnie from Swansea and Villa paid £28M upfront for Ollie Watkins from Brentford, both were Championship players. I’d rather have Gyokeres than either of them. Anything less than £25M is too low.

Time for us to get some balls in the transfer market.

Dickie

I wonder if we’d be brave enough to keep Vik, invest in the squad and really give it a good go next season? He might then decide to stay…but if we fail he leaves for nothing

Dickie

I agree. People are forgetting Brighton have a 15% sell on fee. Sheffield Utd paid £20M for Ollie McBurnie from Swansea and Villa paid £28M upfront for Ollie Watkins from Brentford, both were Championship players. I’d rather have Gyokeres than either of them. Anything less than £25M is too low.

I don’t know about McBurnie but Watkins had a long contract (4 years to go at Brentford or something)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We do people not take into account the players contract when valuing?

he’s got one year left, foreign teams can talk to him from 1st Jan 2024. Every day that ticks by knocks his value

SAJ

Big difference here is that Watkins had effectively a 2 year contract with Brentford. McBurnie had a 3 year contract. That puts the selling club in a far stronger position. If he doesn’t sign an extension contract it will be £12- £15 max.

Robinshio

we are in a strong bargaining position of there is a lot of demand - and I suspect at least 3 clubs will be interested
no way would we take £12m from club A , as other clubs will outbid
I would wager a minimum of £18m (less payment to Brighton) so maybe £16 m net - but that could go higher if he finishes the season strongly

Saddlebrains

Irrelevant what others have gone for now

January window was when we would have got the top dollar, 25 Million ball park

With 1 year left on his contract I cannot see us getting more than 12 Million. We aren't in any sort of bargaining position when the player has just a year left

Ideally he signs a 1 year extension on 3 X his wage with a release figure of say 18 Million, but if he doesn't we HAVE to sell him.

This is why I feel player plus cash deals are what we need to look for. If Burnley offered say 8 Million and ,McNally + Twine you'd be stupid to not snap their hands off

TomRad85

With 1 year left on his contract I cannot see us getting more than 12 Million. We aren't in any sort of bargaining position when the player has just a year left

Ideally he signs a 1 year extension on 3 X his wage with a release figure of say 18 Million, but if he doesn't we HAVE to sell him.

This is why I feel player plus cash deals are what we need to look for. If Burnley offered say 8 Million and ,McNally + Twine you'd be stupid to not snap their hands off
If more than 1 club wants him we're laughing, his value won't drop 13 million in 6 months, that's madness.

covboy9

no way 25mill was on the table in jan

his momentum is now building rapidly

rexo87

Twines so overrated

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Robinshio

IF

Or would you just wait and get him for fuck all?
so if there is only 1 car in the showroom on sale at £50k but you know it will reduce to £10k in June or at that point the highest bidder, do you really expect to get that car for £10k
In reality you will be paying £35k - £40k for it

True we will sell at that point, but it will be for much more than £12m as there would probably be 10 clubs in for him at that price

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

so if there is only 1 car in the showroom on sale at £50k but you know it will reduce to £10k in June or at that point the highest bidder, do you really expect to get that car for £10k
In reality you will be paying £35k - £40k for it

True we will sell at that point, but it will be for much more than £12m as there would probably be 10 clubs in for him at that price
Problem is we can’t force him out - his agent would rightly say wait until January… he’d get a bigger signing on fee rather than us getting a bigger fee

there weren’t queues of clubs waiting to pay for Brereton Diaz were there

Yorkshire SB

In Vik's case I don't think 1 year left impacts his value as much as it would with other players.

1. He's young enough, with potential to improve and you would think the buyer would be able to accrue a great resale value

2. There is lots of hype and competition to sign him. I would expect competition to dictate the price. Fair to say there's anywhere between 1-6 PL clubs that could realistically bid for him?

If all 6 are up for it, we'll be looking at £25m, if only 1 then yeah perhaps as low as £12m. I'd imagine it'll fall somewhere in the middle and we'll get £18m-ish.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Big difference here is that Watkins had effectively a 2 year contract with Brentford. McBurnie had a 3 year contract. That puts the selling club in a far stronger position. If he doesn’t sign an extension contract it will be £12- £15 max.

Contract length plays a part, but so does who you’re bidding against. Watkins was also being bid for by Newcastle and Palace. I can’t see only one team coming in for Viktor, there will be 2-3 at least and we don’t have to accept the first bid. Even a team like Middlesbrough can (and have) spend £12M+ on a striker even if they remain in the Championship.

Covcraig@bury

Priceless. Any sell on clause should state Vik is not allowed under any circumstances to play against us … he will destroy our centre backs.

covboy9

i think vik will want the club to do well out of the deal its no skin off his nose

we just cant have another dom hyam deal where we get shafted

Macca

If I supported a low end premier league club and they spunked 25 million on Vik I’d be a bit pissed off

Users who are viewing this thread