Gyokeres fee (1 Viewer)

rob9872

The amount we receive if/when he does leave will ultimately depend on 2 things.
1, How much someone is willing to pay.
2, How many different clubs seriously want him, which could increase the fee significantly.

He’s definitely the sort of player likely to appeal to many different clubs.
1 and 2 are the same
Disagree. If they're the only team bidding they may get him at £15m although would have been prepared to have paid £25m. If a second bidder enters the market then bidder 1 would need to increase their bid.

rob9872

It might not even be for Vik of course, although I thought that was strange from PSG too, however they do have a lad on loan at Sunderland, so if the were keeping tabs on him Saturday, he may have put a request to have another look at Vik after his impressive display at the weekend.

Often it's levels with scouts so he possibly wanted to run the rule over before inviting more senior scouts to take a look. I would assume that kind of thing goes on quite often with the bigger clubs who have wider scouting networks.

edgy

Sure they're well off enough to have scouts at just about every game going, on the vague offchance somebody stands out.

In theory, yes they have the resources to do it. But would they? I doubt it.

Another one they maybe keeping tabs on is Alvaro Fernadez.

Brylowes

1 and 2 are the same
Not really, if the amount paid in scenario 1 is different to the amount paid in scenario 2, they’re clearly different outcomes aren’t they.
The likely outcome is there’s lots of talk and rumours concerning different clubs, one steps up and makes a realistic offer which in turn meets our valuation and if the player agrees terms he goes, that could then be judged his true value.
But if 2 3 or more clubs decide they have to have him and make bids and counter bids, we would probably end up trousering a few extra million, that would be judged as an inflated value due to demand.

Brylowes

Not Ben Wilson?
Why not, he’s been impressive this season, his stats certainly couldn’t be scoffed at.
He likes to get play moving quickly from the back, his positioning is pretty good, shot stopping is good, ok on crosses and seems to have a good understanding with the players in front of him.
He’s 30 but that’s no age for a keeper that looks after himself.

rob9872

It was very much tongue in cheek.
Proper clubs would never sign a GK based on a Clean Sheet record.
You're right they wouldn't, but whilst I know you're obsessed with xG and quality of shots, it would still be data that contributed towards whether they thought he was worth having a closer look at.

Sky Blue Pete

You're right they wouldn't, but whilst I know you're obsessed with xG and quality of shots, it would still be data that contributed towards whether they thought he was worth having a closer look at.
Well last night xg wouldn’t help as it wasn’t Ben it was liam

rob9872

I'm confused :( (even more so than usual)

The Philosopher

It’s a question of strategy:

Offer Vik a contract worth (fag packet) £5m over 3 years or let him go for £10m less than his “real” value.

Briles

I think some of our fans have rose tinted glasses on. I don't believe it will be over 20m.

Warwickhunt

I wonder if we’d be brave enough to keep Vik, invest in the squad and really give it a good go next season? He might then decide to stay…but if we fail he leaves for nothing
no brainer! offer him 20k a week and put a clause in than 18 million offer and he can go if he wants. maybe higher cos Waggy must have been on decent wedge

Evo1883

no brainer! offer him 20k a week and put a clause in than 18 million offer and he can go if he wants. maybe higher cos Waggy must have been on decent wedge
I'd imagine somebody like Everton could offer him 40k and he'd be on the lower end if the 1st team pay scale

robbiekeane

Disagree. If they're the only team bidding they may get him at £15m although would have been prepared to have paid £25m. If a second bidder enters the market then bidder 1 would need to increase their bid.
How much they’re willing to pay for him is the maximum amount they will pay before walking away. This doesn’t change no matter how many people are involved - if you’re any good at negotiating

robbiekeane

Not really, if the amount paid in scenario 1 is different to the amount paid in scenario 2, they’re clearly different outcomes aren’t they.
The likely outcome is there’s lots of talk and rumours concerning different clubs, one steps up and makes a realistic offer which in turn meets our valuation and if the player agrees terms he goes, that could then be judged his true value.
But if 2 3 or more clubs decide they have to have him and make bids and counter bids, we would probably end up trousering a few extra million, that would be judged as an inflated value due to demand.
See above

rob9872

How much they’re willing to pay for him is the maximum amount they will pay before walking away. This doesn’t change no matter how many people are involved - if you’re any good at negotiating
Are you serious? So I have £25m that I'm willing to spend on him, but I can get him for £15m if nobody else bids, however I'll pay the £25m anyway. If it's all the same with you I'll leave you out of my negotiations!

robbiekeane

Are you serious? So I have £25m that I'm willing to spend on him, but I can get him for £15m if nobody else bids, however I'll pay the £25m anyway. If it's all the same with you I'll leave you out of my negotiations!
For christ sake.

So if I say no thanks to the £15m what happens then?

It’s not fucking eBay

edgy

No chance considering they’re going to be aiming for a top 4 finish.

Yeah, I dont think that's where he'd end up. Just saying it would be good destination for him. I could imagine him being very popular up there, if he could cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread