Gykores (1 Viewer)

blunted

Argos deal as MR alluded to I suspect. Good signing if works out. Thought Godden wont be fit for start as still resting that bothersome foot which means he is not up to speed fitness wise. A lot of the players have credited Vivash with improving their game, even McFaz at his age. Think there is loads to work with Gyo and even Waghorn who is a bit of a beast can do better. Look much more physical up front if happens.

You'll Never Beat McPake

I'm please with this if true, he had a good finish to the season and I thought his skill level pretty good for a big guy. Definitely an improvement on Baka and Max so makes us stronger overall. When did we last have 4 strikers like Godden, Walker, Waghorn and Gyokeres? Has to be early 2000's.
Another step forward.

Philosorapter

This really is an interesting one. Kind of encouraged, if the speculation is true, we will have a bunch of forwards fighting over their positions.

I'm a great believer in competition for places with people of near-equal ability will bring out the best in everyone, rather than a star signing etc.

Barnsley

As Barnsley usually says, a risk free signing
This is why I hate loaning in players, you’ve just spent a million quid to have the same options as last season, now you need to sign another player to improve on last seasons squad. Suppose you know what you’re getting so it’s not as risky as just spending £1M blind, but you’ve not really improved on last season, but then again had he not signed permanently you’d be weaker than last season. And if he’d have been your best player, someone else would have taken him and you’d have been royally fucked like us with Dike. Loan system as it’s pros and cons, but clubs like ours are better off staying clear of it if they can, or using it very minimal, for the long term good of the club.

SlowerThanPlatt

This is why I hate loaning in players, you’ve just spent a million quid to have the same options as last season, now you need to sign another player to improve on last seasons squad. Suppose you know what you’re getting so it’s not as risky as just spending £1M blind, but you’ve not really improved on last season, but then again had he not signed permanently you’d be weaker than last season. And if he’d have been your best player, someone else would have taken him and you’d have been royally fucked like us with Dike. Loan system as it’s pros and cons, but clubs like ours are better off staying clear of it if they can, or using it very minimal, for the long term good of the club.
Is Dike getting his move to Man United now?

Evo1883

'Hurry up and take the photo, my fucking foot is killing me'

I love godden , get off his foot
giphy.gif

christonabike

Bilge. Looked out of touch and very unfamiliar in his role. Let’s hope I’m wrong 😑
Welcome to the mad house fella. Maybe him and the lad from Arsenal were told to be shyte unless they signed! A wise move if so. 😉

Happy_Martian

Godden struggled last season being played on his own. So I can accept if Robins wants to sell on. Gyoko took a while to come into form but he earned the postion in the end, I reckon.

Now the real question and probably worth a thread on its own.... when do we announce Ostigard ? 😁

Great_Expectations

He looked better and better the more he played.

Clearly had the right work rate so attitude fits already, and showed glimpses of what he’s capable of ability wise. Young too, so plenty of time to develop.

Not sure why anyone would complain. Clueless.

He came here last season and obviously enjoyed it that much he wants to come back. That’s exactly the sort of committed and motivated player we want.

I wonder if the same people moaning about signing an ageing journeyman in Waghorn are also finding reasons to moan about a high potential youngster.

CDK

Will tell all of you people on this site if this kid comes in which according to Brighton argus he is ,he will play enough to make a Quartet of strikers all scoring 10 plus each over the season and for me walker if he stays fit will get between 15 and 20.With that fire power and ready made replacements to cover rest and injury cover then we will finish top 12 at the very least as having goalscorers is a massive boost because 10 teams won't have that luxury.pusb

SlowerThanPlatt

Will tell all of you people on this site if this kid comes in which according to Brighton argus he is ,he will play enough to make a Quartet of strikers all scoring 10 plus each over the season and for me walker if he stays fit will get between 15 and 20.With that fire power and ready made replacements to cover rest and injury cover then we will finish top 12 at the very least as having goalscorers is a massive boost because 10 teams won't have that luxury.pusb

4 strikers scoring at least 10 goals each? I’d be surprised if that’s happened at any club

Sky Blue Pete

He looked better and better the more he played.

Clearly had the right work rate so attitude fits already, and showed glimpses of what he’s capable of ability wise. Young too, so plenty of time to develop.

Not sure why anyone would complain. Clueless.

He came here last season and obviously enjoyed it that much he wants to come back. That’s exactly the sort of committed and motivated player we want.

I wonder if the same people moaning about signing an ageing journeyman in Waghorn are also finding reasons to moan about a high potential youngster.
Course they are

steve cooper

4 strikers scoring at least 10 goals each? I’d be surprised if that’s happened at any club
Yes, it's one thing being capable of 10 goals in a season, and another thing getting enough game time with 4 strikers competing for 2 or even 1 position, but it's still a good position to be in and could yield 25+ goals across the 4 players.

Monty

A good signing he looked good towards the end of last season. Interesting views on Godden. If we sold him would Sturridge on a free be a risk worth considering? If fully fit and on form could set the world alight and if not 3 other decent strikers to share the workload

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

A good signing he looked good towards the end of last season. Interesting views on Godden. If we sold him would Sturridge on a free be a risk worth considering? If fully fit and on form could set the world alight and if not 3 other decent strikers to share the workload
Would Sturridge be happy to accept £10K a week?

Users who are viewing this thread