Gykores (1 Viewer)

kg82

Turns out a lot of people have a much higher opinion of the guy than I do. Lot of talk about his potential and turning him into a project for Robins to develop, but he’s already 23, and at £1 million we should be expecting an immediate return.

Personally I wouldn’t have been too bothered to see him sign elsewhere, and part of me wishes we could spend the money on an obvious upgrade from last season’s squad instead. But Robins seems to like sticking to known quantities, and if he sees a £1 million player in there, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
A million is peanuts today. So we shouldn’t expect an immediate return, but it would be nice. As others have said, it’ll probably be including quite a few bonuses. I’d be happy if it’s true, I liked him. Once he got into his stride he looked decent. Somebody said not mobile, but he went past his man a few times. He was also strong.

SBT

That needs a bit of context though SBT. He’s only just turned 23 (June), signed by Brighton in 2018 so 19/20 and has been loaned out since which would’ve disrupted progress. Also played and scored at full international level at 21 (albeit against Iceland). That’s not bad in anyone’s books

Quite a charitable take IMO. Loan moves are supposed to help, not hinder a young player’s progress. He’s had three so far and not really pulled up trees with either of them. His record is distinctly average and were it not for the fact we’re signing him from Brighton rather than a European lower league club (where he’s played most of his football) we’d probably be quite confused by spending £1 million on him.

Hobo

If this is true I am really pleased. I was hoping we could get a deal done or at least a sesson long loan.

Wasn't worried with his slow start due to time to bed in and he needed to gain match sharpness. Showed enough early on and looked very promising towards the end. Fingers crossed.

SBT

maybe he didn't want the same thing to happen with him that happened with James- get gazumped after a few great performances for us. Unlikely perhaps.

Unlikely in the same way that me sleeping with Shakira is unlikely.

fernandopartridge

You think anyone in League 1 would pay anything more than a nominal fee for Godden when he broke down twice with the same injury last season? I don’t think he’s a saleable asset until he’s stayed fit for a season, and then he’ll be 31.
Aye, I think he'll be moved on if Gyo signs. Given his injury problems you'd forego a fee to free up his wage

CCFCSteve

Quite a charitable take IMO. Loan moves are supposed to help, not hinder a young player’s progress. He’s had three so far and not really pulled up trees with either of them. His record is distinctly average and were it not for the fact we’re signing him from Brighton rather than a European lower league club (where he’s played most of his football) we’d probably be quite confused by spending £1 million on him.

I was offering a flip side to the hes 23 so should be finished article (if he was he wouldn’t be anywhere us). Loans might be better than playing U23s somewhere but bouncing around different clubs with different styles hinders a lot of young players development

ps agree £1m would be a lot for us (and maybe too much for him as an upfront) but everyone’s suggesting 500k + and it’s a calculated gamble

CDK

Think a good return for his season coming and think he could get to double figures for us.

fatso

I can imagine Gyokres leading the line, as part of a front 2, and then throwing Jones on alongside him for the last 20 minutes to terrorise defenders.

Oh, forget that, I forgot that it requires Jones to be fit for 20 minutes!

AFCCOVENTRY

Reality is Godden won’t give you a full season with his injuries.

Zlatan is a lot more mobile, can play across a 3 or on his own. So with Max and Baka gone this is a great upgrade on them, along with Waghorn.

shmmeee

He’s 23. Obviously still time to improve but he’s running out of time. Other players in the squad who are the same age have already been written off by many on here.

He’s looked significantly better than the others you’re comparing him to. He’s played half a season of championship football. He’s right at the start of his career. Same as Sheaf.

fatso

He’s looked significantly better than the others you’re comparing him to. He’s played half a season of championship football. He’s right at the start of his career. Same as Sheaf.
Exactly, and he's way ahead of where Vardy was at 23.

better days

I hear that there is something in this
The management saw the same thing as us fans, the lad did better when given a run of games which boosted his confidence
It's unlikely Matty Godden is going anywhere
He played through pain last year to help the team and needs time to allow his chronic foot problem to recover
With two new forwards capable of stepping in immediately he won't be rushed back too soon as happened last season

larry_david

The management saw the same thing as us fans, the lad did better when given a run of games which boosted his confidence
He played through pain last year to help the team and needs time to allow his chronic foot problem to recover
With two new forwards capable of stepping in immediately he won't be rushed back too soon as happened last season
Now they're in the bag, did you hear whispers about Moore and waghorn before the itks on here let them slip?

Just trying to work out if you're still the number 1 insider 😁

Skybluedownunder

Is Godden’s foot back to good now or is it still rocky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

Getting a bit like micky adams speaking about the management team in the 3rd person

Users who are viewing this thread