Gykores (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

He defo looked v good at times but makes you wonder why robins didn't play him as much as coukd have if willing to spend 1 million on him?

CDK

Another good signing with goddens injury history and like slot of posters don't think he will be recovering sufficiently any time soon so if gyo is signed then we will be better off than last season .

HuckerbysQuiff

This lad has got bags of potential, age on his side & will only get better the more he trains/plays in a consistent environment.
If we did manage to secure him I’d be happy that our options have improved especially if the younger lads we have start pushing on. Exciting times to be a City fan…rewind time to when we had Yakubu, Beavon & Henderson! I know where I’d rather be! #PUSB

Grendel

GPM isn't the most accurate of stats. Otherwise by it's own logic Ponticelli was the most lethal striker at the club whilst we were in League Two.

I agree but he really hardly featured but did score some reasonable goals. He’s a big upgrade on biamou

Esoterica

Agreed. He has value to other clubs lower down, and is unlikley to be first choice. For strikers (and in the EFL probably only strikers) that is the combination where you sell out.

Gyokeres has a physicality we need.
You think anyone in League 1 would pay anything more than a nominal fee for Godden when he broke down twice with the same injury last season? I don’t think he’s a saleable asset until he’s stayed fit for a season, and then he’ll be 31.

Samo

Really? I think he'd be a snip at £1m, already proven at Championship level and massive potential.

Scratch that, I got mixed up with Osti.

SBT

Turns out a lot of people have a much higher opinion of the guy than I do. Lot of talk about his potential and turning him into a project for Robins to develop, but he’s already 23, and at £1 million we should be expecting an immediate return.

Personally I wouldn’t have been too bothered to see him sign elsewhere, and part of me wishes we could spend the money on an obvious upgrade from last season’s squad instead. But Robins seems to like sticking to known quantities, and if he sees a £1 million player in there, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

larry_david

Brilliant news if true. Came in like bambi on ice, looking shattered. No doubt they put him through intense fitness for the few weeks he was out the team and came back an asset.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Just gonna Grendel this transfer window and be out of step with everyone it seems. Really good signing if true. Young, strong, knows where the net is. Happy with this if true.

I do actually agree, I think this could turn out to be a great piece of business and is fairly inexpensive for what we're getting in potential. But he still has a lot to work on.

That being said it's great to see Robins still trying to stick within his model. The fact it's a permanent signing rather than just another loan to plug the gap is very promising.

shmmeee

I do actually agree, I think this could turn out to be a great piece of business and is fairly inexpensive for what we're getting in potential. But he still has a lot to work on.

That being said it's great to see Robins still trying to stick within his model. The fact it's a permanent signing rather than just another loan to plug the gap is very promising.

Young players with rough edges is what I expect. I like watching players improve.

His goal record is actually pretty good and like a lot last season too a while to get up to fitness and get going.

£1m is the going rate for a young Championship player. So fee seems fair.

Northants Sky Blue

I hope he comes good but it was only the last couple of games where he looked anywhere near

Most ratings on SBT for his overall season were around 6/10 from memory

CCFCSteve

Would be really pleased with this for the reasons everyone’s already mentioned...he was a real handful at the end of the season when he was fit/up to speed, also young, hungry and offers something different to other forwards.

CCFCSteve

He’s 23. Obviously still time to improve but he’s running out of time. Other players in the squad who are the same age have already been written off by many on here.

That needs a bit of context though SBT. He’s only just turned 23 (June), signed by Brighton in 2018 so 19/20 and has been loaned out since which would’ve disrupted progress. Also played and scored at full international level at 21 (albeit against Iceland). That’s not bad in anyone’s books

AFCCOVENTRY

This would be excellent news. He really struggled for match fitness as he hardly played for Swansea last year, and then he got sharper towards the end of the season with us. He’s got bags of potential and has already played for Sweden at international level. With a full pre season with us, he will be an excellent addition.

Our attacking options of Wagz, God, Tyler and Zlatan gives us different options.

COV

He defo looked v good at times but makes you wonder why robins didn't play him as much as coukd have if willing to spend 1 million on him?

maybe he didn't want the same thing to happen with him that happened with James- get gazumped after a few great performances for us. Unlikely perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread