Gykores (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 2477

That’s about double the amount I’d pay for him.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

This has to be the weirdest million quiz we've ever spent.

He couldn't get in the team ahead of an injured Biamou for much of his loan spell now we're shelling out our budget for him.

I reckon MR has got a project in his mind and wants to turn him into a proper target man.

Grendel

This has to be the weirdest million quiz we've ever spent.

He couldn't get in the team ahead of an injured Biamou for much of his loan spell now we're shelling out our budget for him.

I reckon MR has got a project in his mind and wants to turn him into a proper target man.

hopefully it indicates a change of playing style as we will have to play two forwards - though I suspect if this is true Godden is in his way out

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As has been said wouldn't mind him here but if that is the fee I hope it's heavily bonus related.

Walker, Godden, Waghorn and Gyo. Are they all gonna be happy in a squad with one or two places at most to fight for?

Somerset Sky Blue

As has been said wouldn't mind him here but if that is the fee I hope it's heavily bonus related.

Walker, Godden, Waghorn and Gyo. Are they all gonna be happy in a squad with one or two places at most to fight for?
If we start with two, others on the bench. Unlikely any will stay fit for whole season (and suspensions), with cup games as well, should all get plenty of game time.
(With the proviso of starting with two up front)!

wingy

Can't help myself here but does it mean anyone saleable will be on the move.
Or will it be funded from the existing budget?

slowpoke

If we start with two, others on the bench. Unlikely any will stay fit for whole season (and suspensions), with cup games as well, should all get plenty of game time.
(With the proviso of starting with two up front)!
Put main two strikers missed a lot of games last season which caused a lot of problems, I hope whoever starts v Forest do the business and can’t be dropped.

ccfc_Tom

Very happy with that. Godden to be sold? Need some more pace for sure, whether that's a number 10 or another striker..

Grendel

I think we will sell Godden which will probably mean we get more upfront than we are spending on him

fatso

Great signing if true, he looked very raw and unfit when he first came to us, but by the end of the season he was looking like he could be a beast in this league, he's strong powerful with decent pace for a big man.
1 million is a lot of money for us to fork out though, hope it's over a number of years.

slowpoke

Well last season don’t know exactly how much Robins had but was constantly said to be second lowest in the division out of that budget we reportedly paid £1.5 million for Hamer and £750k for Sheaf not sure what years budget that came from so assuming we have same budget I expect any transfer fees to come out of that. But having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if someone was sold, could be Hamer been linked with Rangers a few times.

Winny the Bish

Think this could be the summer to move Godden on. Try to recoup some money for him, there has to be a L1 team out there willing to pay £300-400k for him.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I wouldn't get too hung up on the reported fee as at least half of it is likely to be clause based.

Still a strange one though as I thought for the most part he was fairly ineffective. However, he did show glimpses of promise - especially in the last leg of the season where he played a more active role. I agree with the above that he will likely be a work in progress for Robins whereby he'll attempt to convert him into more of a mobile target man.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Godden. Robins may want to cash in as I'm sure there will be suitors in League One and strikers of his quality will always attract interest.

Grendel

I wouldn't get too hung up on the reported fee as at least half of it is likely to be clause based.

Still a strange one though as I thought for the most part he was fairly ineffective. However, he did show glimpses of promise - especially in the last leg of the season where he played a more active role. I agree with the above that he will likely be a work in progress for Robins whereby he'll attempt to convert him into more of a mobile target man.

Will be interesting to see what happens to Godden. Robins may want to cash in as I'm sure there will be suitors in League One and strikers of his quality will always attract interest.

I’m not a fan of goals per minute but Gyorkes was only second to Walker in that stat last season

Gibbo

I think we will sell Godden which will probably mean we get more upfront than we are spending on him
Agreed. He has value to other clubs lower down, and is unlikley to be first choice. For strikers (and in the EFL probably only strikers) that is the combination where you sell out.

Gyokeres has a physicality we need.

Users who are viewing this thread