Gyökeres (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

I heard. Was a lovely ball in and he did do well to move and make it a sitter and then missed it. So good then awful

He has taken more difficult chances than the ones he’s squandered, pretty consistently throughout his time here.

Sky Blue Pete

He has taken more difficult chances than the ones he’s squandered, pretty consistently throughout his time here.
Yeah. His progression is brilliant but for him and us he needs to play in league one regularly week in week out. Be interesting to see how it went. I suspect he’d do well

jordan210

With a player like Gyökeres you need to play to his strengths.

What appears to be the kinda player you throw on second half when defenders are tried to bully and bulldoze his way too goal.

If your going to start him, needs to be with a smaller quicker striker. Not with Max or a target man.

Hertsccfc

Not convinced by Gyokeres unfortunately. Has scored a couple off the bench yes but it sometimes that is easier coming on against tired defenders. Has been unimpressive in most games especially those he has started.

In my view we need a third forward at least at the Godden and Walker level and hopefully better than them. This is the area we need to upgrade for next season. Gyokeres is nowhere near that level.

fatso

With a player like Gyökeres you need to play to his strengths.

What appears to be the kinda player you throw on second half when defenders are tried to bully and bulldoze his way too goal.

If your going to start him, needs to be with a smaller quicker striker. Not with Max or a target man.
Agree, him and Biamou together are very one dimensional.

fatso

Not convinced by Gyokeres unfortunately. Has scored a couple off the bench yes but it sometimes that is easier coming on against tired defenders. Has been unimpressive in most games especially those he has started.

In my view we need a third forward at least at the Godden and Walker level and hopefully better than them. This is the area we need to upgrade for next season. Gyokeres is nowhere near that level.
He has only played 3 or 4 hours of football, and scored 3 goals, his goals per minute ratio must make him look prolific compared to the rest of our strikers.

fatso

He has only played 3 or 4 hours of football, and scored 3 goals, his goals per minute ratio must make him look prolific compared to the rest of our strikers.
He's already far better than Johnson Clark Harris was at his age, and he's being touted around for millions!

Brighton Sky Blue

To be honest it's our ridiculous defensive mistakes that are more costly than how we are at the other end. A quality keeper and upgrades in defence are a higher priority I think, followed by O'Hare-esque attacking midfielders.

SlowerThanPlatt

Godden and Walker both have better goals per minute. His is only better than Biamou’s...which is to be expected really. I wouldn’t sign him unless it on was a free, there will be a host of options available from the overflowing Premier League development squads in the summer.

pipkin73

It's hard to say what will happen close season with transfers.
With Covid effecting for the 3rd season (end of last season, all of this season and maybe half or all of next season) attendance wise.
Some clubs will just want rid of players (even ones who could have commanded a small fee) others will probably say (you can have x-player for free but we want high clauses, sell on fees) etc. It will vary by club and league.
Most will probably be reducing budgets (we are supposed to be staying the same, so could actually act as an increase compared to others cutting).
Play the market right and there will be bargains for sure, but it might mean signing some players late on (clubs won't just give them away, but when it comes close to the end of the window, they will talk and reduce what they want to get them off their books).
The main prob with that is MR likes to get his players in early (but as we have seen with Chaplin and Godden he will bide his time for the player he wants),
We don't know what trouble other clubs are in, i would guess the football word has an idea. As a result players we think (no way) we might be able to get in.
I think this could be a very strange transfer window for most clubs.

Evo1883

Would try and sign him .

There's scope still for development and genuinely have taken a shine to him.

Users who are viewing this thread