Gyökeres (2 Viewers)

Blind-Faith

Sign him up I say. Having Walker Godden and Viktor as three of our 4 strikers next season , providing they all stay fit for the most part , would be great going forward 👍

fatso

Get rid of Bakayoko and bring in Gyokres, (if we can afford him) theres definitely something to work with there.

And while Biamou isn't what we would ideally want, I'm kind of open to giving him another season, every year he gets written off, and every year he makes a contribution, I've developed a grudging respect for him. hes cheap and useful off the bench.

More useful than, Baka, casteneer, hilsner, allen, and Jobello.

Evo1883

Oh mate give it a rest. A night biamounscores you go overdrive about another striker

There is no need to deflect. Jus tlogg off for few hours if it bothers you thay much
I think he's correct though .

Biamou
Please who ever you are on the radio, stop the love in with Walsh!
he has not kicked a ball in nearly 18 months. he played for us in league 1. he could not get in the Bristol side. What on earth makes you think he would be any good for us at this level? Hamer is a far better player.
He's not better than hamer or James is he ..it's silly talk now

SBAndy

Get rid of Bakayoko and bring in Gyokres, (if we can afford him) theres definitely something to work with there.

And while Biamou isn't what we would ideally want, I'm kind of open to giving him another season, every year he gets written off, and every year he makes a contribution, I've developed a grudging respect for him. hes cheap and useful off the bench.

More useful than, Baka, casteneer, hilsner, allen, and Jobello.

One of Biamou and Gyokeres, no space for both. If they are after comparable wages, then it’s Gyokeres for me.

Cov kid 55

Yep, spot on, I think he’s scored every chance he has had, he’s aggressive, helps with the press, is a handful. I think he’s deserved more minutes.

Sick Boy

Thought that in the summer though & he was told he was free to go but he didn't want to.
He’s going to be out of contract now, it’s pointless him being 5th choice striker here, unless he isn’t bothered about playing, which I doubt.

pusbccfc

One of Biamou and Gyokeres, no space for both. If they are after comparable wages, then it’s Gyokeres for me.

I'd imagine Biamou is on significantly less wages than Gyökeres. He would have been on peanuts when he signed from Sutton.

ccfcmad1

Shown his worth of late keeps this up till end of season would definitely have him over baka biamou no brainer......

SBAndy

I’d say they’re actually different sorts of players. Biamou is likely gonna be inexpensive. Plenty room for both.

Nothing to do with playing styles, if we want to be taken seriously as a Championship outfit then we can’t have two 4th choice strikers.

Sick Boy

I'd imagine Biamou is on significantly less wages than Gyökeres. He would have been on peanuts when he signed from Sutton.
He signed a new contract since then and I’m sure he’d want improved terms compared to now considering we’re at a higher level.

shmmeee

(This is bollocks cos it’s always highest after a striker has scored, but...)

Biamou goals per minute over a 46 game season: 12

Walker and Godden: 15/16

Györkeres: 23

Terry_dactyl

Nothing to do with playing styles, if we want to be taken seriously as a Championship outfit then we can’t have two 4th choice strikers.
Max offers a different option to the others. My hope is Baka is moved on and we get an improvement on all the others. As injuries to our two top strikers this year prove, there’s Plenty room/need for a cheap (effective) 5th striker ie Max.

SBAndy

Max offers a different option to the others. My hope is Baka is moved on and we get an improvement on all the others. As injuries to our two top strikers this year prove, there’s Plenty room/need for a cheap (effective) 5th striker ie Max.

How many times has our 5th striker been used this season? For reference, that would have been Bremang in the first half of the season and Baka in the second half.

Terry_dactyl

How many times has our 5th striker been used this season? For reference, that would have been Bremang in the first half of the season and Baka in the second half.
Hardly any. But Max has done well and would be a better squad player than Baka. If we are now an established championship side (that feels good), and he’s cheap, what’s the harm in keeping him? Would be an improvement on our current back ups...and may actually compete? Unlike our current back ups.

pusbccfc

He signed a new contract since then and I’m sure he’d want improved terms compared to now considering we’re at a higher level.

True, but even if it was doubled, we are still talking 2/3k at the absolute max. I'd be surprised if Gyok isn't earning upwards of 3/4x that.

Calista

Wow, the mood swings around here can be pretty spectacular. The most useless striker in the world is suddenly “Gyo” or “Viktor” :D

The guy always looked useful, just short of match fitness and game time. Clumsy at times but clearly has ability, brings fantastic work rate and physicality, and knows how to score. Definitely worth signing up as a valuable squad player, and potentially first choice.

junglej13

Didn't think much to Gyökeres the first few times I've seen him but credit to him, he has impacted each game he has been involved in of late and his workrate has been excellent. Reminds me a bit of Jutkiewicz - not the quickest but strong and seems to prefer to bring the ball onto his chest rather than head it on.

mark82

If there was a chance to take him permanently I definitely would. With a bit of development could be someone that would command a decent fee in a few years. Think he's got potential. Chuck Ostigard in too.

Magwitch1

I think Gyokeres would be worth keeping if a deal can be done but MR might have other irons in the fire different type of player to Max Biamou and left sided which is always a plus.

cov donkey kick

Victor plenty of ability there with godden and walker they won't stay fit every game next season in fact with godden you can guess he will be out for a period or 2 next season as it's proven last and this season.so Victor could get plenty of chances so sign him up .

Sky Blue Harry H

If it helps keep Osti around then MR should give him a 4-year contract!
Just thinking that before I got to your post! Be incredibly surprised if we got OSti though,; surely he will have a lot of suitors.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Also surely Max wants to be a starter now. If he has one more year on the bench here that's one more year closer to his legs going.

I think he'd be 'happy' being a squad player fighting for a chance (and they will come, given the amount of games) - seems to love it here - saw the Sweet Caroline dance he was leading in the dressing room - brilliant!!

Nick

Administrator
Said from the start he was a decent player to bring on when we are winning, that was mainly because he could hold it up and get us up the pitch.

If he adds goals to that, even better.

Esoterica

I'll go against the grain and say I'm still not 100% convinced by him and don't think he's anywhere near as big or physical as made out to be. Yesterday's goal was a lovely finish but the build up to it was pretty clumsy and Stoke's defending of him was terrible, they got nowhere near him. It's a lot easier to come on for the last 30 minutes and pull around big tiring reserve defenders, in an already open game, than it is to influence a game from minute 1.

Under our budget constraints I'm not sure I'd want to be paying out the kind of money Brighton would want for a back up striker. I suppose it depends on just how much we think we can improve him, at the moment he has a good solid base of abilities but nothing really outstanding. He's not great in the air, he's not rapid, he's not amazing at holding the ball up. If anything I'd say he needs to go somewhere he'll start most weeks at this point in his career.

fatso

I'll go against the grain and say I'm still not 100% convinced by him and don't think he's anywhere near as big or physical as made out to be. Yesterday's goal was a lovely finish but the build up to it was pretty clumsy and Stoke's defending of him was terrible, they got nowhere near him. It's a lot easier to come on for the last 30 minutes and pull around big tiring reserve defenders, in an already open game, than it is to influence a game from minute 1.

Under our budget constraints I'm not sure I'd want to be paying out the kind of money Brighton would want for a back up striker. I suppose it depends on just how much we think we can improve him, at the moment he has a good solid base of abilities but nothing really outstanding. He's not great in the air, he's not rapid, he's not amazing at holding the ball up. If anything I'd say he needs to go somewhere he'll start most weeks at this point in his career.
REALLY????
He's only 22 and already a full international!
He's 6'2" and powerful, and he will only get stronger. He scored the winner from nothing, and had defenders bouncing off him.
He isn't the finished article but I'd have him above Biamou and Bakayoko any day.
My fear is Brighton wont release him.

rexo87

Think there’s space for 5 strikers if we are going to stick with 2 up top. Likely to have 1 injured at least at any one time so 2 starting and 2 on bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread