Gyökeres (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

I’d honestly be fine with a loanee in for third choice and keep Biamou on. The defence has to be priority. Some of the goals we’ve given away throughout the season have been fucking comical and we have one of the worst defensive records in the division. Whereas Walker, Godden and Hamer all convert their chances at a decent level, problem is keeping it tight and controlling games enough to give decent chances to the forwards.

Grendel

Yet we should keep Biamou apparently. One for the cult anyway

I like Oggy on CWR but his praise for Biamou is laughable he was almost implying yesterday he should be number 1 striker next season - he offers a lot more than goals

Garryb80

I like Oggy on CWR but his praise for Biamou is laughable he was almost implying yesterday he should be number 1 striker next season - he offers a lot more than goals
He did seem to suggest that we keep him as some form of dressing room cheerleader

shmmeee

You want him as the second striker? That miss yesterday alone should convince anyone he needs to be released

I didn’t say that. I said a second striker, not our second striker. It’s ten goals a season, about what I’d expect from a decent target man TBF. I don’t particularly rate Max but credit where it’s due.

Grendel

A goal every four and a half games isn’t bad for a second striker.

It’s terrible because he needs to have long periods of play to get those goals. If he’s 4th choice he will play a handful of games - he’s featured in 33 games this season and not scored in 28 of them

Garryb80

I didn’t say that. I said a second striker, not our second striker. It’s ten goals a season, about what I’d expect from a decent target man TBF. I don’t particularly rate Max but credit where it’s due.
Definitely missed at a higher ratio than he has scored. On top of that he isnt a great target man either. First touch is awful and cant hold a ball up.

shmmeee

Definitely missed at a higher ratio than he has scored. On top of that he isnt a great target man either. First touch is awful and cant hold a ball up.

Which is why I’m not a fan. But equally if our budget isn’t going up we aren’t going to have the luxury of signing a fourth choice striker. Frankly I wouldn’t even buy a striker as one of my first four/five signings, let alone two.

Sky Blue Pete

You imply you like him because he knows his stuff you can’t then ignore his opinion on Biamou.

Garryb80

Which is why I’m not a fan. But equally if our budget isn’t going up we aren’t going to have the luxury of signing a fourth choice striker. Frankly I wouldn’t even buy a striker as one of my first four/five signings, let alone two.
I agree with you but then i wouldnt re-sign the 2 out of contract strikers either. There is just as much of a case for signing the younger Bakayoko who overall has a better goals ration for the club and offers more in my opinion

Grendel

You imply you like him because he knows his stuff you can’t then ignore his opinion on Biamou.

You can because at one point he said his goal record has been good and the description he was unlucky to miss from 5 yards is plainly blinkered. His judgement is skewed as he clearly likes him personally

Sky Blue Pete

Doesnt mean he knows his stuff on everything though does it. Im qualified in accounts it doesnt mean i know everything about it.
I think oggy is scattergun and disagree with him on many things but I like him. He’s pretty balanced and has forgotten more about football than we know

Garryb80

I’d like to win every game 5-0 but we can’t.
More chance of doing that with strikers who are able to play at the level we are at though isnt it?
You like Max we get it but dont allow it to blind you to the reality. I like what he has done for the club and him personally but he isnt good enough to warrant a new contract simple as that

Sky Blue Pete

More chance of doing that with strikers who are able to play at the level we are at though isnt it?
You like Max we get it but dont allow it to blind you to the reality. I like what he has done for the club and him personally but he isnt good enough to warrant a new contract simple as that
I agree sadly

Garryb80

I think oggy is scattergun and disagree with him on many things but I like him. He’s pretty balanced and has forgotten more about football than we know
You miss the point. You said to Grendel basicially he must like all of Oggys opinions because he rates Biamou.

shmmeee

I agree with you but then i wouldnt re-sign the 2 out of contract strikers either. There is just as much of a case for signing the younger Bakayoko who overall has a better goals ration for the club and offers more in my opinion

It’s one of him and Baka unless you can find maybe a young player with the right physical attributes (i.e. not Taveres), can’t go into the season with 2/3 strikers as we found out this year. He’s a cheap option while we strengthen elsewhere, seems silly to throw that away.

Brighton Sky Blue

In the course of a minute he went from claiming the sitter was a tough chance to conceding he really ought to have scored. I do in general agree with him a lot of the time but think he’s clouded a bit on Biamou

Garryb80

It’s one of him and Baka unless you can find maybe a young player with the right physical attributes (i.e. not Taveres), can’t go into the season with 2/3 strikers as we found out this year. He’s a cheap option while we strengthen elsewhere, seems silly to throw that away.
So is Bakayoko though and he offers more. SO if you insist on signing one thats the guy i would sign

Garryb80

In the course of a minute he went from claiming the sitter was a tough chance to conceding he really ought to have scored. I do in general agree with him a lot of the time but think he’s clouded a bit on Biamou
I think Oggy is clouded on any player he coached during the time he was there. Shipley is another where he wont hear a word against him same as Hyam

Sky Blue Pete

I heard. Was a lovely ball in and he did do well to move and make it a sitter and then missed it. So good then awful

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Oggy is clouded on any player he coached during the time he was there. Shipley is another where he wont hear a word against him same as Hyam

It’s harder to criticise people you like personally. He almost jumped the shark yesterday with that point blank miss

TM8792

Get rid of Godden, Max, Baka. Wouldn't mind seeing Gyokores back next season to come off the bench, but I wouldn't care if we didn't go for him. New striker is a must.

shmmeee

So is Bakayoko though and he offers more. SO if you insist on signing one thats the guy i would sign

On paper maybe. On the pitch Baka has consistently failed to even try at the right level let alone perform at any level.

If he has Max’s effort I’d keep him for his age, but he hasn’t so he’s a waste of wage TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread