Gyökeres (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I’d find it hard to believe Brighton want him. We should sign him even if it’s a loan next season surely

I’m mystified why we’ve hardly played him. He’s pretty rough and ready but he’s big physical and can score goals

Old fashioned blunder-bus sort but has to be worth a punt surely

Evo1883

I’d find it hard to believe Brighton want him. We should sign him even if it’s a loan next season surely

I’m mystified why we’ve hardly played him. He’s pretty rough and ready but he’s big physical and can score goals

I agree with you .

I think maybe Robins took him out for his own good , looked a bit lost after a poor end of his loan spell at Swansea.

Robins worked him back in correctly and could well feature In the last 3 a bit more ..

He's 22 and can definitely be worked on

Ccfcisparks

I said a few weeks ago he seemed to get a really bad wrap from fans, despite not playing often. He’s been brilliant off the bench last few games, fantastic at seeing the games out. I’d give him a run last few games now to show we like him and want him back. I agree G if we can have a 4 next season of Godden, Walker, Gyo and another big 9, we will be in good stead.

torchomatic

I had just said what a forgettable loan he would be when he popped up and scored that winner.

Grendel

Oh mate give it a rest. A night biamounscores you go overdrive about another striker

There is no need to deflect. Jus tlogg off for few hours if it bothers you thay much

So who would you sign Gyorkes or Biamou?

torchomatic

CCFCSteve

He’s not been properly fit for a chunk of the time. Looks a totally different player in recent weeks...unfortunately for him it’s coincided with Walker and Godden coming back

I’d definitely have a look at taking on perm or loan.

Sick Boy

I’d look to bring him in as 4th choice striker - he’s got enough rough potential to develop.

jordan210

His power alone is worth signing. He draws fouls and defenders to him and actually has some pace.

Would work well with a small quick striker

Hobo

You are a bit late to the party I said dont give up on him weeks ago. Its pretty obvious why he hasn't played more.

Also I dont agree with your discription of him? He is a classy and intelligent footballer.

NortonSkyBlue

He has got something and if he is available then yes get him. Like a lot of the team he is benefiting from having a full squad to choose from and Robins is rotating brilliantly at the moment.

Grendel

You are a bit late to the party I said dont give up on him weeks ago. Its pretty obvious why he hasn't played more.

Also I dont agree with your discription of him? He is a classy and intelligent footballer.

no I said he looked ok weeks ago - he does look raw

larry_david

Gotta say he had a spell where he looked like his feet were the wrong way round but since he scored those 2 goals in an u23 game he's looked alot sharper.

Strong, direct, hard working, fairly quick and not afraid to shoot. He's well worth a punt next season

AFCCOVENTRY

Think he wasn’t match fit when he came to us. Hardly played any minutes. Taken a while but he’s growing as a player with us. Agree. I would take him next season.

Paxman II

Please who ever you are on the radio, stop the love in with Walsh!
he has not kicked a ball in nearly 18 months. he played for us in league 1. he could not get in the Bristol side. What on earth makes you think he would be any good for us at this level? Hamer is a far better player.

no_loyalty

I said a while back that it was pointless keeping Gyo as he wasn't even featuring off the bench, but glad we kept him as he now looks a totally different player.

Liquid Gold

I wonder what sort of offer would get Brighton interested. I think it'll be too much for a squad player when we really need to invest in a proper 9 for next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I am not disagreeing about gyo. I am saying i dont believe this thread gets made if max didn't score today that's all

Not sure about that CC4L, Gyo is giving food for thought as is Biamou. Issue is we can't really be signing both of those and also someone to challenge Godden/Walker

clint van damme

Not sure about that CC4L, Gyo is giving food for thought as is Biamou. Issue is we can't really be signing both of those and also someone to challenge Godden/Walker

If we can get a decent striker in and sign Gyo as back up then Max has to go. I'm a fan of his and he's been a big part of the last few years but we need to improve the squad I'm afraid.
But if he is here then at least we knows he gives 100% despite his limitations.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we can get a decent striker in and sign Gyo as back up then Max has to go. I'm a fan of his and he's been a big part of the last few years but we need to improve the squad I'm afraid.

Agree with that, his efforts this season have probably earned him a regular L1 slot.

Liquid Gold

Also surely Max wants to be a starter now. If he has one more year on the bench here that's one more year closer to his legs going.

Users who are viewing this thread