Gyökeres Bids (1 Viewer)

Robinshio

so if we can get 12m
Brighton will probably get 2m
SISU will want at least 7m - 8m
so there maybe 2-3m max available for MR to invest
that needs good recruiting and a lot of luck as would suggest that needs to go across 2 players

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

IF this is true, I'd be wanting around £12-15m from Everton + add-ons, and for us to sign a replacement for him (even if a decent loan) and at least one other permanent signing that improves the first team.

Colin Steins Smile

so if we can get 12m
Brighton will probably get 2m
SISU will want at least 7m - 8m
so there maybe 2-3m max available for MR to invest
that needs good recruiting and a lot of luck as would suggest that needs to go across 2 players
I think we need to also take account of the current wages outgoings to players, which if I understand SBB correctly, suggests our wage bill was in excess of income.....hence some of the transfer fee will need to subsidise current expenditure.

Sick Boy

There have been suggestions on here by the ITKs that if a player were to leave MR would only get their wages to reinvest.

Brighton Sky Blue

I guess it makes sense to SISU to cash in now. Everton are desperate for a striker, and now with the window slowly ticking by would be a good chance to demand a good fee.
The player himself would surely be attracted by a premiership team and the huge pay rise that will inevitably come with it, and we could use the money to bring in a replacement striker and an AM player.
And I'm sure SISU would bank plenty as well.

As fans we would be devastated, as Gyokeres is irreplaceable to us at present, but that's football at this level.
And let's not forget that only 12 months ago, certain people on here were questioning his signing!

It is what it is!
Time to recalibrate our expectations for this season?

Well good luck to us getting in a replacement near the end of the window
IF this is true, I'd be wanting around £12-15m from Everton + add-ons, and for us to sign a replacement for him (even if a decent loan) and at least one other permanent signing that improves the first team.

It’s one you could stack heavily with international appearances, goals, sell on etc. But then trying to do business with clubs knowing we’re desperate and thinking we have a few quid would probably give us another Leon McKenzie or Cody McDonald

Mcbean

He’s an international player - he has scored goals - its 20 mil minimum Got to be ! They can feck off if they are not prepared to pay - how much is he Less than Richarlesson who sold for 62 m

Sick Boy

He’s an international player - he has scored goals - its 20 mil minimum Got to be ! They can feck off if they are not prepared to pay - how much is he Less than Richarlesson who sold for 62 m
I reckon we'd sell for around 7-8m.

Greggs

Apparently been given permission by the club to travel up north today for talks. Gutted gutted gutted. Back to relegation scraps for us then.

Londonccfcfan

Name a couple of similar quality we could get for peanuts please? If he's "very very easily replaced"

When have our owner every reinvested even 25% ? No chance.
No one actually knows but I'd guess around 25% of transfer fee would used to improve the squad.

Dont think we are ever gonna see half of it re invested.

Liquid Gold

[QUOTE="thekidfromstrettoncamp, post: 2573303, member: 7492"When have our owner every reinvested even 25% ? No chance.
[/QUOTE]
Chaplin sold for £1m and we bought Godden for £700k.

mr_monkey

The club's financial situation; if you want to believe that we'd play hardball and get upwards of £15M for him then fair enough.

Exactly, it's why we sold Hamer to Fulham and O'Hare to Burnley for peanuts and the same will obviously happen with vik

Relegation nailed on I reckon

runner

I guess it makes sense to SISU to cash in now. Everton are desperate for a striker, and now with the window slowly ticking by would be a good chance to demand a good fee.
The player himself would surely be attracted by a premiership team and the huge pay rise that will inevitably come with it, and we could use the money to bring in a replacement striker and an AM player.
And I'm sure SISU would bank plenty as well.

As fans we would be devastated, as Gyokeres is irreplaceable to us at present, but that's football at this level.
And let's not forget that only 12 months ago, certain people on here were questioning his signing!

It is what it is!
Time to recalibrate our expectations for this season?

That's the key here .... what with the pitch quality issues that will effect our quality of play ... and the potential loss of Gyokeres ... we would have to recalibrate our expectations of the season ... stave off relegation as we won't have a goal scorer (Godden too injury prone and Waghorn/Walker useless) ... and fight again next season ...

Sick Boy

Exactly, it's why we sold Hamer to Fulham and O'Hare to Burnley for peanuts and the same will obviously happen with vik

Relegation nailed on I reckon
Fair enough if you genuinely believe we're in a position to turn down that kind of money and that the required cash flow will magically appear from thin air.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think he’d be their best striker, other than a purple patch at the beginning of last season I think Calvert-Lewin is a bit of a donkey, how he gets in England squads consistently is beyond me
No chance, Gyokeres is levels below him. He’s scored 13 and 16 in his last two full seasons.

robbiekeane

They've been pretty spot on so far.
But how could anybody know that if they don’t know the transfer fee? So if it’s £1m up front or £100m up front just a hard rule on nothing allocated for transfer budget?

Just a baffling blanket assumption that has no logic

robbiekeane

Also hilarious that everyone is like “omg robbings will be given scraps and have to find a gem for 2-3m and work a miracle”

When literally the total sum of transfer fees outlayed for O Hare, Hamer, and Gyokeres was £2.3m all in 😂😂

mr_monkey

Fair enough if you genuinely believe we're in a position to turn down that kind of money and that the required cash flow will magically appear from thin air.

We already have done this summer and for vik as well by all accounts from Boro, we have to get out of the mindset that the club will just accept any offer that come ins as they have done historically

jimmyhillsfanclub

The Evertonians I know are a little puzzled.....

...Especially as they only just loaned out Simms who would have basically filled the role of Gyok......ie: young powerful championship bench warmer

Londonccfcfan

His value right now is about £10 up front, with at least £5m in add ons.

Not fussed either way we keep him its good value, as far as im concerned we have seen him live virtually every minute hes played, his value is only going to go up.

If he gos now at least we will have a contingency list of players we can buy in next 3 weeks.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Lol please dont compare Simms to Gyokores.

Gyokores is on another planet compared to him.

Oh aye....I know Gyokeres is better (to date).....but i'm sure Simms is just as capable of sitting on the bench & playing the odd 45 in the EFL cup.....which is what Gyok wil lbe doing should he move there....

larry_david

10 Mill for Gyokeres would be pretty disappointing. He is a genuine match winner, game changer for us. Imagine Godden trying to bully defenders with our backs against the wall away from home. 15 ill up front PLUS adds ons or no deal. He bangs another 17-20 in this season and we're talking huge numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread