Gyökeres Bids (1 Viewer)

SBT

Gyokeres’ value is at an all-time high and even if for some insane reason we didn’t buy a replacement, we still have multiple backup strikers already at the club. The same can’t be said for Hamer or O’Hare, neither of whom have proper suitors right now anyway.

The impact of selling Gyokeres will come down to how we reinvest the money, but if something has to give financially then selling him makes total sense right now.

Ashdown

Gyokeres’ value is at an all-time high and even if for some insane reason we didn’t buy a replacement, we still have multiple backup strikers already at the club. The same can’t be said for Hamer or O’Hare, neither of whom have proper suitors right now anyway.

The impact of selling Gyokeres will come down to how we reinvest the money, but if something has to give financially then selling him makes total sense right now.
It makes no sense at all for a club who would like to compete at this level.
It might make sense for all those that believe the cash flow propaganda put out there to smooth through his transfer .

SBT

It makes no sense at all for a club who would like to compete at this level.
It might make sense for all those that believe the cash flow propaganda put out there to smooth through his transfer .

Plenty of teams who compete at this level sell their best players to PL clubs.

Anyway, unless you seriously think that our current squad are real promotion contenders, there’s a good argument that £15m is more valuable to us at the moment than one more season of Gyokeres.

Reactions: PVA

junglej13

Everton being linked with a loan to buy deal for Che Adams also. Everton are going back to the Kenwright days and love a loan so am not hopeful of them coughing up a big price for Vik.

SBT

I also think he doesn’t want to go , he probably thinks he needs another season here being the main striker etc Not sure he would want to go somewhere and risk sitting on the bench again, he has did this at Brighton who were premier league and then got loaned out, don’t think he wants to do that again .

I don’t find this plausible at all tbh. If Everton make him an offer it’s going to be far beyond what he ever had at Brighton. He’d be a fool to turn that down because he wants to be the main striker at a team without a functioning pitch to its name.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Swedish international, age on his side and one of the best strikers in the league.

Assombalonga, Watkins, Bowen, Mcburnie, Grant, Maupay, Che Adams, Adam Armstrong all went for £14-30 million from championship clubs before they had played in the top flight.

Gyokeres is better than Assombalonga, Mcburnie and Grant and proven just as much as the rest were when they got there premier league move.

Anything less than £15 million is undervalued. £15-20 million is the market rate and we should hold out for the top of that range.

AOM

Robins just said he's not heard anything and said the Everton link is rubbish/people trying to make up rumours this time of the season.

Bloody hope so, but can't see us turning down a big bid if it comes in

Kilclines curly mullet

Why do our fans hate our players so much?
I don’t hate any of our players.

I simply don’t watch football through sky blues glasses.

We bought Gykores for £1 million 12 months ago. Name me a business that would not accept a £14 million (minus sell on fee) a year later.

If he finished half of the missed chances last season he would be worth the monies quoted - based on the fact that he didn’t and he has had 1 decent championship season, he is worth maybe £8 million tops in my opinion.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don’t hate any of our players.

I simply don’t watch football through sky blues glasses.

We bought Gykores for £1 million 12 months ago. Name me a business that would not accept a £14 million (minus sell on fee) a year later.

If he finished half of the missed chances last season he would be worth the monies quoted - based on the fact that he didn’t and he has had 1 decent championship season, he is worth maybe £8 million tops in my opinion.
So anyone signed on a free a team would obviously let go for a small fee because it's all profit.

A business wouldn't sell if that asset was worth more than £14m (I'm not saying Gyokeres is)

Users who are viewing this thread