Gustavo Hamer (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges
  • jumps at
  • kicks or attempts to kick
  • pushes
  • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
  • tackles or challenges
  • trips or attempts to trip

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.

• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed

• Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned

• Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:

• a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • holds an opponent
  • impedes an opponent with contact
  • bites or spits at someone
  • throws an object at the ball, opponent or match official, or makes contact with the ball with a held object

clint van damme

I don't think anyone has said that (as far as I have seen anyway).

But a few, myself included, were saying he isn't worth £15m which some people were saying he is.

someone was, I won't name them. If he stays true to form for this board he'll double down on his claim in the coming weeks!

higgs

I don't think it was intentional his eyes were only of the ball a harsh yellow

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mark82

Have a look at that thread. Mental figures. Anyone who disagrees apparently doesn’t rate him. He’s done well so far, does some brilliant things and some stupid things.

Yeah, didn't read that as anyone saying that's what he was worth now, more potential valuation further down the line.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's always only been 1 game.

MR was confusing 2 different rules & neither the Telegraph or CWR have the desire or integrity to actually check for themselves.

Does poor a bit of cold water for those that talk about MR knowing better than members of an online forum. ;)

Frostie

Where is goals scored/points won and direct causation of goal conceded stats?

Intangibles like that can't be tracked by stats as you well know.
Same as there isn't one that can track what effect needlessly getting banned for 4 games has on a team.

In terms of direct causation of goals conceded Sheaf has tonight & if you're really harsh the Wycombe penalty?
Hamer has at least 1 vs Bournemouth.

Frostie

Stats don’t show where you make the passes and the risk involved Hamer tends to pass forwards and take risks and Sheaf looks to retain the ball by passing it to the centre backs.

Another myth.

Total Passes:
Sheaf 834
Hamer 819

Backwards Passes:
Sheaf 152 (18% of total passes)
Hamer 126 (15% of total passes)

Passing Accuracy opp. Half:
Sheaf 79%
Hamer 63%

Terry Gibson's perm

Another myth.

Total Passes:
Sheaf 834
Hamer 819

Backwards Passes:
Sheaf 152 (18% of total passes)
Hamer 126 (15% of total passes)

Passing Accuracy opp. Half:
Sheaf 79%
Hamer 63%

Not really a myth backs up what I say Sheaf makes more passes backwards and Hamer takes more risks so his accuracy is less.

Londonccfcfan

Correct.

According to some the guy on the left isn't good enough to play for us whilst the one on the right is a £15m Premier League player.

Lol.
When 50% of your passes are backwards or sideways to keeper or other defenders and are 10 yard passes I'm not surprised.

Frostie

Not really a myth backs up what I say Sheaf makes more passes backwards and Hamer takes more risks so his accuracy is less.

You said he "looks to" pass to the CBs as in that's his aim. It's simply not true. He passes backwards 18% of the time & forward 30% of the time.

Hamer passes backwards only very marginally less.

Liquid Gold

Where are those stats from? I want to see Sheaf vs Kelly.
I think sheaf is ahead in most if not all of them. The thing Kelly offers is leadership and composure that don’t show in the stats though. I still think we’re going to have a hell of a player in Sheaf when he gets adjusted to the level. He’s a year younger than Jordan Shipley.

Liquid Gold

Another case of stats not telling the whole story
But we’re a club that rely heavily on stats in a lot of areas and that has helped us return to the championship. Sheaf completely has to cut the mistakes out of his game, you’ll get no argument from me on that but I am fully confident he will. Liam Walsh made a lot of similar errors in league 1 for us and this fan base treats him as Xavi reborn. I also think you need to look at the rest of his game, last night everything good went through him and we completely lost our shape when he went off.

Frostie

Where are those stats from? I want to see Sheaf vs Kelly.

Sheaf on the left, Kelly on the right

Comparison is more difficult as they've played a big difference in minutes whereas with Sheaf/Hamer they're almost identical.

Kelly passes forward approx. 3 times more per match.

Screenshot_20201230-105214~2.png

Reactions: SBT

Frostie

But we’re a club that rely heavily on stats in a lot of areas and that has helped us return to the championship. Sheaf completely has to cut the mistakes out of his game, you’ll get no argument from me on that but I am fully confident he will. Liam Walsh made a lot of similar errors in league 1 for us and this fan base treats him as Xavi reborn. I also think you need to look at the rest of his game, last night everything good went through him and we completely lost our shape when he went off.

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

Sheaf on the left, Kelly on the right

Comparison is more difficult as they've played a big difference in minutes whereas with Sheaf/Hamer they're almost identical.

Kelly passes forward approx. 3 times more per match.

View attachment 18051
Sheaf should be better in the air given his night, that is one part of his game there is obvious improvement IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread