Gustavo Hamer (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

I don't think anyone has said that (as far as I have seen anyway).

But a few, myself included, were saying he isn't worth £15m which some people were saying he is.
Let’s see where this ends up but we will come back to this in a year or so I feel 😉

Frostie

He did, but he must also have thought that the last incident was a foul. I would question whether it was.

He volleyed their player, of course it's a foul.

Harsh that it happened to be that one that tipped him over but you can't honestly say it's not a foul - we'd have been screaming for it the other way around.

gspotgaz

Gunna go against popular opinion here but actually think Hamer has let us down massively there.

He’ll definitely have known he was 1 booking away from a ban and that Saturday a big game against second bottom (plus no kelly). He played well last night but yet again he was committing constant niggly unnecessary fouls so it was inevitable he’d get booked.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Gunna go against popular opinion here but actually think Hamer has let us down massively there.

He’ll definitely have known he was 1 booking away from a ban and that Saturday a big game against second bottom (plus no kelly). He played well last night but yet again he was committing constant niggly unnecessary fouls so it was inevitable he’d get booked.
Ideally we could have had him miss millwall. That will be wind up central, he’ll probably end up with a straight red

Il Pirata

Do you think his yellow was a yellow? He was in the motion of striking a shot and the guy came from around the side of him and took the full force of his shot attempt. I've never understood how that is a yellow card. I doubt Hamer could even see him, only feel the pressure.

Something else that happens in a similar - if a player is striking a shot and a defensive player comes in and makes contact with them it always ends up with a wild swing and miss, often them falling to the ground, but it's rarely ever given as a free-kick, and never as a yellow card. General rule of thumb - don't ever try a shot around a defender, there is no advantage to be gained :rolleyes:

Irish Sky Blue

He volleyed their player, of course it's a foul.

Harsh that it happened to be that one that tipped him over but you can't honestly say it's not a foul - we'd have been screaming for it the other way around.
I disagree. I doubt he was aware that the Huddersfield player was there. The ball was laid back to him, he went to shoot, the Huddersfield player, bravely it has to be said, dived in between Hamer and the ball. I don't see how he has committed a foul. He didn't knowingly contact their player.

Frostie

I disagree. I doubt he was aware that the Huddersfield player was there. The ball was laid back to him, he went to shoot, the Huddersfield player, bravely it has to be said, dived in between Hamer and the ball. I don't see how he has committed a foul. He didn't knowingly contact their player.

Unfortunately, that's irrelevant it's still a foul. It shouldn't be a yellow card though in my book, even with the totting up because as you say, he didn't mean to do it.

mark82

I don't think anyone has said that (as far as I have seen anyway).

But a few, myself included, were saying he isn't worth £15m which some people were saying he is.

Not sure anyone was saying he's worth £15m. Only thing I've seen is that he has the potential to be worth around £10m if he carries on the way he is.

mrtrench

He kicked their player not the ball, so it's a foul. The fact that it wasn't intentional doesn't change that. What's bizarre is awarding a yellow card for it.

D

Deleted member 11652

Not sure anyone was saying he's worth £15m. Only thing I've seen is that he has the potential to be worth around £10m if he carries on the way he is.

Have a look at that thread. Mental figures. Anyone who disagrees apparently doesn’t rate him. He’s done well so far, does some brilliant things and some stupid things.

Reactions: PVA

Perryccfc

He's a top top player that's for sure. Will 100% play Premier League football imo. Think he will only be with us this season as our player, then he will be snapped up. £15m is ambitious though. I would say £3-5m with % for sell on is more realistic.

Seamus1

How bad was the defending at the start of the season if he scored this many goals, yet we still could hardly buy a win!! 😂
4420AA63-2A76-4424-9A4E-236531F8DCD6.jpeg

Mcbean

should have been a pen ( he was halfway through a shot ) according to any of the ones we have had against us - 90 minute ffs may the ref is a Wednesday supporter

robbiekeane

He's a top top player that's for sure. Will 100% play Premier League football imo. Think he will only be with us this season as our player, then he will be snapped up. £15m is ambitious though. I would say £3-5m with % for sell on is more realistic.
I agree that i think he will be gone next summer. Would love to hang on to him but he's a class above.

The 15m numbers are mental, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 8m or something. We sold Maddison for 3m up front and a sizeable sell on % clause and by next summer that will have been 5 years ago. Different player completely obviously and older but, i'd say significantly further along the development curve.

And probably most importantly we are in a league higher so can command a higher fee you know? like not as desperate. 3m back then was probably 150% of our revenue. It's now probably 50%

Irish Sky Blue

should have been a pen ( he was halfway through a shot ) according to any of the ones we have had against us - 90 minute ffs may the ref is a Wednesday supporter
I did half hope for a second when the ref blew and pointed that he had given a pen.

jordan210

I agree that i think he will be gone next summer. Would love to hang on to him but he's a class above.

The 15m numbers are mental, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 8m or something. We sold Maddison for 3m up front and a sizeable sell on % clause and by next summer that will have been 5 years ago. Different player completely obviously and older but, i'd say significantly further along the development curve.

And probably most importantly we are in a league higher so can command a higher fee you know? like not as desperate. 3m back then was probably 150% of our revenue. It's now probably 50%

Maddison sold for 20m from the championship to Prem. He had 1 full season in the championship.

As long as we stay in the Championship Hamer price will keep going up. If he keeps putting in the performances.

No way would we let Hamer go for anywhere near 5 million.

cc84cov

One of the strangest decisions ever seen thst was last night was as if the ref was a Sheffield Wednesday fan 🤣

Mcbean

the Prem have money to burn - any good player is 10 -15 m - Gus is special but he needs to do at least a season with us - so any other teams can fuck off for the moment

Terry_dactyl

He kicked their player not the ball, so it's a foul. The fact that it wasn't intentional doesn't change that. What's bizarre is awarding a yellow card for it.
Yep. I think it was a poor ball from Giles. If he’d played it slightly shorter would’ve been a good chance of getting a shot on target.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Maddison sold for 20m from the championship to Prem. He had 1 full season in the championship.

As long as we stay in the Championship Hamer price will keep going up. If he keeps putting in the performances.

No way would we let Hamer go for anywhere near 5 million.

It's tricky comparing Hamer's potential fee to Maddison's. Maddison was 2 years younger, his stats were hugely impressive for an attacking midfielder and he's English. He was also one of the brightest talents of his age bracket in the country. There's a reason why he went for over £20m.

johnwillomagic

It's a bit of a blow Hamer's Yellow - taking sky blue glasses off though he should never have got a yellow for the foul he did in that instance he had committed quite a few clever niggly fouls earlier a more card happy ref would have booked him long before he actually did in the game in reality.

Bit worried that we now have Hamer and Kelly out can see the unbeaten run ending on saturday - guessing option is to put Shippers in there - tbf on occasions Shipley has played that position well but he is very hit n miss in that position - preying he is a hit this Saturday!

cc84cov

It's a bit of a blow Hamer's Yellow - taking sky blue glasses off though he should never have got a yellow for the foul he did in that instance he had committed quite a few clever niggly fouls earlier a more card happy ref would have booked him long before he actually did in the game in reality.

Bit worried that we now have Hamer and Kelly out can see the unbeaten run ending on saturday - guessing option is to put Shippers in there - tbf on occasions Shipley has played that position well but he is very hit n miss in that position - preying he is a hit this Saturday!
Recall Eccles use him holding with sheaf gets my vote

steve cooper

The telegraph saying it is 2 games ban because Hamer has already received a red card this season.
"Ostigard and Sheaf managed it but Hamer was shown a late yellow card as he tried to get on the end of a pull-back from Ryan Giles. And because he has already had a straight red this season, he is forced to miss the next two games."

I still think that is incorrect, and I can't find reference to support that anywhere.
The only thing I can find is reference to a player receiving 2 red cards in a season having to serve an extra game suspension on top of the standard suspension. This is not the case with Hamer.

Magwitch

Wether he’s transferred at the the end of the season will be at the whim of our owner he is just 6 months into a three year contract so can’t go anywhere.

Johhny Blue

But we’re not playing the second from bottom team

Sky Blue Pete

Just nonsense

Users who are viewing this thread