How long can we keep Hamer? (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Lots of people on Twitter reckoning he could well be off in January.

I doubt that. If he leaves, it will be next summer.

Londonccfcfan

By the end of the season he will be the one of the most wanted players in championship.

If he scored that wonder goal today.

He won't be here next season even if we stay up.

The great thing about him is that he seems to have have adapted to English lifestyle, seems to be enjoying his football and his team mayes successes too. Great to see. Great quality for someone who's just moved abroad.

That's a biggie.

Brighton Sky Blue

Won't go in January, if a bid comes in just tell him he can have his pick of wherever in the summer and add a few million onto the price in the process.

jordan210

With the stupid money that is still thrown around. Would put a 12m minimum on him currently. He is worth more to us if he helps us stay up the selling him for 6-8m

Reactions: vow

South West Sky Blue

He’s clearly our best player at the moment, but we’re getting well ahead of ourselves. We focus on our best players. Other teams would think, “how much better is he than what we’ve got and how much is it worth paying for him?”.

In my head, the answer is a Championship team ambitiously hoping to make the playoffs- Cardiff, Swansea.....
Realistically, how much would they pay for him considering realistically he’s not being bought to start regularly in the Premier league.
As much as I love him, anything above £5m is VERY optimistic.

cc84cov

It’s clear what the plan will be and probably was when we managed to sign him,he will finance the club for many years to come you’ve gotta be talking £10-15m at this level surely

Terry Gibson's perm

I can’t see how we got him, we must have said that we are the perfect stepping stone to better things. He is more than capable of playing at the low end of the Prem he is vastly superior to players like Stephens at Burnley.

cc84cov

No way he goes in Jan.

If we stay up I think he'll be here next season too.

I think he's been really good but there's some hyperbole going on in here. People talking about £15m are getting WAY ahead of themselves. £5m might be more like it.
You clearly don’t have much knowledge of what the better players in this league go for £5m ? Not a chance

Ccfcisparks

You clearly don’t have much knowledge of what the better players in this league go for £5m ? Not a chance
There have been 5 players who have gone from Championship teams to championship teams for over £10m and all of them were strikers. Best we can hope for with Hamer is just over £5m. He’s a great player, but there are many midfielders in the championship still better than him.

covcity4life

More he plays more his value goes up for me

Don't think its crazy to expect 10m for him if he keeps this up

Hopefilly we can keep him for another season. We have a pretty good team and if we upgrade maybe 4 positions in summer we could him for playoffs.

PVA

The highest fee paid by a Championship club this summer was £5m.

He's not going to the Premier League so tell me which championship club is going to spend £15m on a midfielder?

Absolutely no chance.

£5m it is.

Gibbo

I suspect the January window will be quiet anyway as the finacial situation of many clubs will be uncertain, which is good news.

He will have more value in the summer, undoubtedly, but fans habitually over value their own players. Even so we should be at least doubling our money, which in 12 months is not bad going, and hopefully do better.

We will need every penny, in order to replace the obvious lack of quality in several areas of the team. We will need two centre backs for starters (Ostiis a loan, MacF can't go on forever and Rose does not appear to be quite the quality we thought he was). We will probably want two new goalkeepers. Plus the replacement for Hamer himself.

Johhny Blue

There have been 5 players who have gone from Championship teams to championship teams for over £10m and all of them were strikers. Best we can hope for with Hamer is just over £5m. He’s a great player, but there are many midfielders in the championship still better than him.
Can you name one that you would consider for a straight swap?

shmmeee

I suspect the January window will be quiet anyway as the finacial situation of many clubs will be uncertain, which is good news.

He will have more value in the summer, undoubtedly, but fans habitually over value their own players. Even so we should be at least doubling our money, which in 12 months is not bad going, and hopefully do better.

We will need every penny, in order to replace the obvious lack of quality in several areas of the team. We will need two centre backs for starters (Ostiis a loan, MacF can't go on forever and Rose does not appear to be quite the quality we thought he was). We will probably want two new goalkeepers. Plus the replacement for Hamer himself.

Not sure how you can say that about Rose when he hasn’t been fully fit all season.

rob9872

Be amazed if premiership teams not looking at him too. Also for balance, Matty Cash a full back went from Championship Forest to Villa for £16m

CanadianCCFC

Assuming we stay up he’ll go for big money in the summer, but I think we’ll keep him in January (unless there’s a ridiculous offer on the table). If we get relegated he’ll go for cheap which would be quite tragic

Users who are viewing this thread