Gustavo Hamer - CONFIRMED (2 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Agreed. He was coming back into the team around Jan/Feb wasn't he? He might not be match fit (like the rest of them) but he's not injured is he?

Same pre-season as everybody else and he'll be fine. I think he's going to be an important player for us this season.

Its a bit silly that people are saying that he is not going to be that good in the Championship because we havent seem him play in a while and he might step up and prove them wrong all I think is that he needs a top L1 loan where he will get some gametime under his belt and he will be fine as long as he stays injury free

Magwitch

Talking Jodie Jones he has trained everyday locally to me for weeks I doubt physical fitness is an issue, as for his injury it’s a case of fingers crossed and wait and see, he was actually playing prior to the shut down. Max recovered from similar injury. Being injured even a long term one doesn’t take away natural ability and he has loads of that.

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I agree with you partially because I think Shipley or Allen will be in the 11 and we will play 2 up top and maybe shift Jobello in behind Godden or Biamou where he can use his pace to get in behind or play balls as an advanced playmaker for Godden
This post is insane. Unless coronavirus has caused football to implode or we are set to struggle severely next season, the only part to this that could possibly be true is Allen being near the 11.

NorthernWisdom

This post is insane. Unless coronavirus has caused football to implode or we are set to struggle severely next season, the only part to this that could possibly be true is Allen being near the 11.
While I don't necessarily disagree, we did all think Shipley would struggle to step up to League One, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Grendel

Grendel

Great stuff, a Brazilian and a Dutchman all rolled into one footballer, Childhood me would have loved this

Side note: what is up with that Scarf? where is the CITY bit... tin hat on its the first step in the RB COVENTRY transition

EcAP-iJXgAIPSeE

A combination of Isaias and Roger Van Gool then

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

While I don't necessarily disagree, we did all think Shipley would struggle to step up to League One, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.
Possibly, to be honest I didn't think he was as good as some on here seemed to suggest, on the flip side I am also not suggesting he's terrible. Get tired writing stuff like that but feels like it needs to be said before someone jumps in & puts words in your mouth. His first touch is his biggest weakness and the higher up the leagues you go, the more that will be exposed. I am not writing him off at all, nor saying we should definitely get rid, but personally at this point I would be worried if he is consistently in our starting XI next season.

NorthernWisdom

Possibly, to be honest I didn't think he was as good as some on here seemed to suggest, on the flip side I am also not suggesting he's terrible. Get tired writing stuff like that but feels like it needs to be said before someone jumps in & puts words in your mouth. His first touch is his biggest weakness and the higher up the leagues you go, the more that will be exposed. I am not writing him off at all, nor saying we should definitely get rid, but personally at this point I would be worried if he is consistently in our starting XI next season.
I see him as possibly filling a Doyle role in terms of personality around squad, as much as anything. Doyle put effort in and sure, was limited, but made the best of what he had, and despite the criticism, our midfield was worse once he left (first time around). Shipley actually seems to try, and if he can be lifted a little by those around him, I think there's a place for him in driving us on. Again, like you, I'll add the many caveats to that statement ;)

We'll see.

We'll also see how a promotion does affect our youth system too. It's a lot easier to blood prospects at a lower level...

Nonleagueherewecome

His first touch for that Godden goal wasn't too shabby...

SkyBlueCRJ

The fact that he looks like he's blowing out of his arse after 30 mins probably qualifies a little bit more as his biggest weakness than his first touch IMO. All opinions though I guess.

fernandopartridge

The fact that he looks like he's blowing out of his arse after 30 mins probably qualifies a little bit more as his biggest weakness than his first touch IMO. All opinions though I guess.

When was the last time you went to a match? He got over that issue a long while ago.

Liquid Gold

I really like Shipley's drive. He was often found more advanced than Godden when he dropped deeper to get involved, keeps us higher up the pitch and gives defenders more to worry about.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can someone suggest a new line up for next season because I wanna see how peoples opinions have changed over the past couple of months

As it stands:

Marosi
Rose McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Kelly Hamer Mason
Allen Shipley
Godden

Wilson, Pask, Dacosta, Westbrooke, Jobello/Jones, Biamou, Baka
Dacosta will possibly be vying with Mason for LB and over the course of the season I can see Pask steadily replacing Fadz.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

As it stands:

Marosi
Rose McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Kelly Hamer Mason
Allen Shipley
Godden

Dacosta will possibly be vying with Mason for LB and over the course of the season I can see Pask steadily replacing Fadz.

I dont see anything wrong with that

covcity4life

From his interview sounds like we shouldn't expect goals who h obviously Walsh gave us

Hopefilly we are still in for Walsh too. Waiting game though depending on Bristol new manager now

shmmeee

From his interview sounds like we shouldn't expect goals who h obviously Walsh gave us

Hopefilly we are still in for Walsh too. Waiting game though depending on Bristol new manager now

Walsh with us last season: 3 in 26 - 0.115 GPG
Hamer with Zwolle last season: 4 in 26 - 0.154 GPG

cooperskyblue

As it stands:

Marosi
Rose McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Kelly Hamer Mason
Allen Shipley
Godden

I mean it is exciting to think that team looks good already and we will hopefully see another 5 players added to that squad also!

Users who are viewing this thread