Grendull's Poll. (1 Viewer)

What do you think about Grendulls posts?

• Grendull is a good poster.

Votes: 36 32.1%
  • Grendull posts mainly to divide us fans.

Votes: 76 67.9%

• Total voters

jimmyhill

The two answers are not mutually exclusive, while they are divisive they are also good. So I will vote good, because this site would be a very dull place without his posts.

Skyblueweeman

I don't want him to leave. I would guess that most don't want him to leave.

So where do we start? Bends the truth as much as the idiots that run our club. Comes out with statements knowing they are not true then asks for proof when someone disagrees. Makes out that those that don't agree with him call others scabs and similar. Has accused me of the same a few times.

Yes we do need to see views of others. But views with truth behind them helps more than just saying something for the sake of it. Grendull used to be a very good poster. But it seems that his hatred of CCC comes first.

We saw at Arsenal that it would be much better if we could all stick together. It doesn't help when we have a few trying their best to split us apart.

Not sure why you've highlighted my post for your follow up, but thanks. As before, read what I've written...I was merely stating that the poll questions weren't fair if you want to conduct an accurate and balanced poll.

I guess though by calling him Grendull, that was your intention anyway...

WM

magic82ball

And what about everyone else? Some would make us believe that everyone else acts like the Osmonds apart from Grendel. Open you eyes a little and read some of the things said by different people in other posts.

Blimey Torch, are you Grendals spokesperson or what?

Other people insult, but I have to be honest and say I don't see it with the regularity and harshness that he spouts most of the time.

torchomatic

Ha! No, I'm not. I just think that if one person gets grief for throwing insults then everyone should. And believe me there are a few more that throw around insults with just as much regularity and harshness.

Blimey Torch, are you Grendals spokesperson or what?

Other people insult, but I have to be honest and say I don't see it with the regularity and harshness that he spouts most of the time.

Nick

Administrator
Ha! No, I'm not. I just think that if one person gets grief for throwing insults then everyone should. And believe me there are a few more that throw around insults with just as much regularity and harshness.

It is only allowed if it fit's in with their viewpoint? If he was making "funny" names out of Tim Fisher people would be in love. There are some people who seem to be on here the same time at night and like to follow Grendel's posts a bit like a stalker.

magic82ball

Well short of reading every post that has ever been written by everybody I cant argue differently, just Grendel does stand out as someone more than happy to turn debate into a slanging match. Coupled with his need to be the victim and go against the grain in every single post it gets tiring quick. No problem people having different opinions, I always welcome them to change my own, but he is someone that would argue black is white and then call you a cu*t for not agreeing with him.

The Reverend Skyblue

It is only allowed if it fit's in with their viewpoint? If he was making "funny" names out of Tim Fisher people would be in love. There are some people who seem to be on here the same time at night and like to follow Grendel's posts a bit like a stalker.

Can you then explain Nick why his comment in response to another poster last week "I hope you die in a car crash" was deemed in your view fits in with his viewpoint. I noted you closed the thread immediately but some of us did see it
If I or anyone else had wrote that we would have been banned.

I lost my brother and father in a car crash in 1996 ,and a comment like that is sickening, but you must see it a different way

mds

The guy dosnt even have to post in a thread for his name to be dragged into it, its a forum on the internet, good or bad who cares.

This thread is like a witch hunt, totally unnecessary.

mds

Can you then explain Nick why his comment in response to another poster last week "I hope you die in a car crash" was deemed in your view fits in with his viewpoint. I noted you closed the thread immediately but some of us did see it

I lost my brother and father in a car crash in 1996 ,and a comment like that is sickening, but you must see it a different way

Pretty sure he was quoting someone else, and yes the comment was way out of order.

Nick

Administrator

Because I got the context and knew why he had said it, thought it was still wrong and cleared it up. It was in response to somebody saying he hoped scabs coming back from Northampton died in a car crash.

The original poster who said it hasn't been banned, so it kind of blows your "if that was me I'd be banned" theory out of the water.

I am sorry to hear about your brother and family and do agree it was wrong, hence it was dealt with as soon as it was reported.

magic82ball

Nick, I cant help but feel that it is others who perhaps don't fit into your viewpoint. Characters like Grendel are good entertainment value, like a pantomime villain and its true to say that this forum would probably be a weaker place without them him. This might be the reason you afford him so much leniency with some of his outrageous insults? Is this the reason for your bias towards the more radical posters??

The Reverend Skyblue

Because I got the context and knew why he had said it, thought it was still wrong and cleared it up. It was in response to somebody saying he hoped scabs coming back from Northampton died in a car crash.

The original poster who said it hasn't been banned, so it kind of blows your "if that was me I'd be banned" theory out of the water.

I am sorry to hear about your brother and family and do agree it was wrong, hence it was dealt with as soon as it was reported.

I believe both posters should have been banned for a period for these disgusting insults. It was as close to as low as you could get and both should feel ashamed of themselves

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I cant help but feel that it is others who perhaps don't fit into your viewpoint. Characters like Grendel are good entertainment value, like a pantomime villain and its true to say that this forum would probably be a weaker place without them him. This might be the reason you afford him so much leniency with some of his outrageous insults? Is this the reason for your bias towards the more radical posters??

I don't care if people don't agree with me or not, nobody has ever been banned for not agreeing?

People obviously don't find things that offensive as not often are things reported and when they are they get dealt with. If something offends or is OTT then press the report button. There is no point moaning that things that don't get dealt with after they happen, if people want things to be dealt with they need to press the report button so they can be looked at and they need to press it because of the content, not because of the poster.

magic82ball

I don't care if people don't agree with me or not, nobody has ever been banned for not agreeing?

People obviously don't find things that offensive as not often are things reported and when they are they get dealt with. If something offends or is OTT then press the report button. There is no point moaning that things that don't get dealt with after they happen, if people want things to be dealt with they need to press the report button so they can be looked at and they need to press it because of the content, not because of the poster.

Really? why was psgm1 banned then?

I never find what anyone says insulting enough to want to report it. I just find it frustrating that it is accepted as the norm. I myself no longer read any of his contributions as they will invariably be some inane dribble that will wind me up so I skip his posts, otherwise I get dragged into a pointless argument that results in my intellect being likened to a 5 year old and the irony is just too much to stomach.

Nick

Administrator
Really? why was psgm1 banned then?

I never find what anyone says insulting enough to want to report it. I just find it frustrating that it is accepted as the norm. I myself no longer read any of his contributions as they will invariably be some inane dribble that will wind me up so I skip his posts, otherwise I get dragged into a pointless argument that results in my intellect being likened to a 5 year old and the irony is just too much to stomach.

He was banned because his posts were constantly reported by a range of people. SISU lovers, SISU haters, fence sitters.

So are you saying he was banned because he had a different opinion to me?

torchomatic

And, I'm ashamed to admit, I used that very word to someone the other week. It was in reponse to the poster who said he hoped people coming back from Sixfields would be involved in a car crash. So, although at the time I thought I was right to say it to him, looking back I just should have ignored him and pressed the report button as Nick mentions. However, in the heat of the moment it’s difficult to remain calm, isn’t it?
I’m not saying he’s a saint or anything but he does get a lot of stick and even the poll even says “Grendull”. I mean, is this is what it’s come to?

...but he is someone that would argue black is white and then call you a cu*t for not agreeing with him.

magic82ball

He was banned because his posts were constantly reported by a range of people. SISU lovers, SISU haters, fence sitters.

So are you saying he was banned because he had a different opinion to me?

Absolutely not, I am saying he was banned because he was consistently inflammatory with his "opinions" not because he wished someone would die or because he insulted people all the time - stronger reasons to ban imo but then its your forum you can ban who you like.

My point about others not fitting into your viewpoint was me suggesting that you are coming from a different angle than those who simply want to come on and debate in a constructive way, your viewpoint is one that holds the forum at the centre of most things you do when dealing with such individuals. A bit like Luis Suarez is a bit of a wrongen and probably should be sacked by the club but he brings a lot to the team so we'll treat him a bit differently and actually positively endorse the behaviour.

magic82ball

And, I'm ashamed to admit, I used that very word to someone the other week. It was in reponse to the poster who said he hoped people coming back from Sixfields would be involved in a car crash. So, although at the time I thought I was right to say it to him, looking back I just should have ignored him and pressed the report button as Nick mentions. However, in the heat of the moment it’s difficult to remain calm, isn’t it?
I’m not saying he’s a saint or anything but he does get a lot of stick and even the poll even says “Grendull”. I mean, is this is what it’s come to?

To be fair Torch I think you were in your rights to say that in that instance.

He probably is unfairly getting held up as the poster boy for all that is wrong on this site, but he gets on a hell of a lot of peoples nerves a lot of the time. I am sure he is probably sitting in his black leather chair in a dark room somewhere stroking his cat with an eyebrow cocked just at the sight of a 9 page thread in his honour, I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

lordsummerisle

The problem is that there are loads of over-sensitive people on here sometimes.

Yesterday The Gentleman said something about about "Not holding his breath", I asked him if he could please try, just for an hour or two, he then said that I was suggesting he commit suicide!

Obviously I was suggesting that he should commit suicide by the most popular and successful way to do so, holding your own breath until you're dead!

He must have "flagged" it, as the conversation was totally removed, but basically he's an idiot, maybe he requested it be removed because it showed him to be so(again).

Grendel

I sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding particularly given your personal circumstances.

However I did not say those remarks I was quoting the comments that came from another person and illustrating those comments are deemed acceptable whereas some of mine are not. It was an outrageous post and I complained about it at the time.

The Reverend Skyblue

I sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding particularly given your personal circumstances.

However I did not say those remarks I was quoting the comments that came from another person and illustrating those comments are deemed acceptable whereas some of mine are not. It was an outrageous post and I complained about it at the time.

There is no need to apologise Grendel, but thank you anyway. When a thread runs into tens of pages it need's a lot of time for someone to read it through from the start and many of us either can not be bothered or just don't have the time to do it. I re-read the whole thread again and the original poster who wished that sixfielders would die in a car crashes has serious issues /problems he needs to deal with, its plainly disgusting to wish that on anyone. I saw your post towards the end of the thread so I didn't know that a there was a post like this earlier and you were responding to this.

You are correct in that some posters get away with the most dreadful comments, and that the original post you replied to was outrageous in the extreme.

I hope Lordsummerisle doesn't think I am being over sensitive, its not that in this case, its just wrong to write these sickening things ,and everyone should agree on that.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

There is no need to apologise Grendel, but thank you anyway. When a thread runs into tens of pages it need time for someone to read it through from the start and many of us either can not be bothered or just don't have the time to do it. I re-read the whole thread again and the original poster who wished that sixfielders would die in a car crashes has serious issues /problems he needs to deal with, its plainly disgusting to wish that on anyone. I saw your post towards the end of the thread so I didn't know that a there was a post like this earlier and you were responding to this.

You are correct in that some posters get away with the most dreadful comments, and that the original post you replied to was outrageous in the extreme.

I hope Lordsummerisle doesn't think I am being over sensitive, its not that in this case, its just wrong to write these sickening things ,and everyone should agree on that.

Don't think that you're being oversensitive at all Rev, wasn't referring to you at all with that comment.

Do think that we(all of us, myself probably more than others) should perhaps think of ramifications of what people say and how it can affect others.

Remember during the endless King debates over on GMK at the time that were quite a few downright celebrating beating of women, which i found personally upsetting, and know that Covfanmartin(if you remember him from on there?) left the forum because of the level of mysogny shown which also had personal family ramifications.

I just called them mysogynist cunts mind you!

ajsccfc

Grendel's just a fella on the internet. Stop making him the poster boy of all that's evil and he won't be, you bunch of soppy tarts.

RPHunt

Grendel is being disingenuous when he claims that he did not say those words. There was no acceptable context, he wasn't quoting and he said it to me, which I found very distressing as other posters have done.

The advice I have had is that the police will investigate the use of this sort of language particularly if the poster has some history of abusive or obsessive behaviour. There is very little doubt that he would fit into this category from what I have seen and there are undoubtedly other abusive posts that have been deleted: his very tasteless homoerotic taunting, for instance. After an initial investigation, the full extent of a suspect’s online behaviour will be established by examining all computers that he has access to.

I haven't yet completely ruled out reporting this via the online complaint process that my local police force has thoughtfully set up.

lordsummerisle

Grendel is being disingenuous when he claims that he did not say those words. There was no acceptable context, he wasn't quoting and he said it to me, which I found very distressing as other posters have done.

The advice I have had is that the police will investigate the use of this sort of language particularly if the poster has some history of abusive or obsessive behaviour. There is very little doubt that he would fit into this category from what I have seen and there are undoubtedly other abusive posts that have been deleted: his very tasteless homoerotic taunting, for instance. After an initial investigation, the full extent of a suspect’s online behaviour will be established by examining all computers that he has access to.

I haven't yet completely ruled out reporting this via the online complaint process that my local police force has thoughtfully set up.

Oh fuck off...

ajsccfc

Let's hope the police don't investigate Grendel's post history as they'd end up having to dish out restraining orders to his stalkers.

Users who are viewing this thread