Transfer Rumour Godden off to Derby? (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Keep. Still looks sharp. He’s good for being a 3rd or 4th choice. Whether he’d be happy with that is another thing.

covcity4life

Keep. Still looks sharp. He’s good for being a 3rd or 4th choice. Whether he’d be happy with that is another thing.
This is what I said at start of season. Got stick then but as always covcity4life is always right!!

Mind you in all seriousness he's done better than I expected this season. I would keep and then look to move him on in the summer with nothing but love

Evo1883

Had a bad run of form , but is always good for a few goals when he's on it .. keep him , he's a good striker

Sick Boy

He's decent enough as backup but would have him 4th choice with another relatively experienced striker (probably a journeyman) brought in as backup.

long way home

I got a feeling Robins is not sentimental about the players or the job he is paid to do. If he can get a younger player in that improves the squad he will without a 2nd thought. Godden will be no different than any other player in the squad, who he likes doesn't mean shit.

I think he is looking for mor pace to bring into the squad as it suits the set up. Im not down on Godden by the way and would happily have him around i just dont see him here much longer.

Skyblue Bangkok

Maybe he wants regular first team football, and he knows he isn't guaranteed it here with Simms arriving and rumours of others on their way.

It would be a big decision to let him leave, as someone like Simms could learn a lot from him, and he'd be a great player to have on the bench if your chasing a game.
What would Simms learn from Golden ? How not to to take pens ?

shmmeee

I’d keep him about. He’s part of the L1 team and that’s still important and he is still our top scorer.

But agree we need another backup, someone who can play the Simms role if needed.

skyblu3sk

I'd let Godden go, it's odd to say about our "top scorer" but let's be honest wright and Simms have way more capability to go on to be awesome strikers. Godden isn't bad but our whole style of play seems off when he's on the pitch, I think we can do better. With his injury record too I'd say he's played his best football for us.

skybluecam

We have him signed up till 2025, as long as he's fine with being 2/3 choice then he's a good backup to have.

Alternatively if he wants a move to start again I wouldn't begrudge him it, but would look for some kind of fee.

ccfc1234

Well for a start, (as you asked) Godden averages a goal every 2.5 games for us, where as Simms has only scored in 1 game for us, so I'd suggest there's plenty Simms could learn.
Assume you are meaning in training? If we keep with this system there is no front three role that would suit Goddens attributes. If Robins wants to go two up top during games he is a good option but would be a bit part role be enough for him? I would understand it if he wanted a move.

Users who are viewing this thread