Transfer Rumour Godden off to Derby? (1 Viewer)

fatso

Maybe Robins saw what we all saw in the run in …. Godden worked hard but was largely ineffective and the top end championship teams found him easy to nullify.

we know Robins is loyal but he’s also prepared to calm time when he thinks we need better …
I think Godden struggled playing alongside Vik. The 2 of them together rarely worked, as they both wanted to make similar runs and take up similar positions.

Godden sacrificed much of his game to help Vik, when what we needed was someone with express pace.

If Vik had got injured we'd of desperately needed Godden, and the same can be said if Simms gets injured this season.

South West Sky Blue

Maybe Robins saw what we all saw in the run in …. Godden worked hard but was largely ineffective and the top end championship teams found him easy to nullify.

we know Robins is loyal but he’s also prepared to calm time when he thinks we need better …
Largely agree with most comments here.
However, in fairness to Godden - he was more ineffective because everything was built around Vik who was becoming increasingly selfish. I know that selfishness is considered a good thing for a striker, but Vik was arguably too selfish. You could see Godden getting exasperated.

I’d be letting Godden go for £300k - £400k+. Largely due to injury record. When fit, he’s still got a lot to offer. However, he’ll be 32 in a couple weeks and has had injuries.

Manchester_sky_blue

Godden is a club legend and the best finisher at our club, the disrespect by some on here is embarrassing. He ain’t going anywhere
Unless Godden asks to go we shouldn't even be entertaining the idea. I can only see it if we go out and sign 3 more top strikers and he wants to move for more game time and I can't really see that happening

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I'd sooner keep Goden, we need some experience and Godden will always score goals.

No way would Mark Robins let Godden go unless he has a definite replacement lined up.

sylus

been great for the club but time he moved on, the pace of the championship is just to much for him now and of course his injuries, so a drop down a league would suit him, but rather we kept him over Sharp coming.

Last edited:

Deity

And therein is the problem. Nixon is a high profile reporter of transfers but they've been further and further from reality as time has gone on. It shows in his Billy Sharp rumour, a guy who has said he would never play for Derby and Nixon has him linked in this story.

And while Godden isn't as prolific as he used to be through injury or playing in Viks shadow, he is still a better option than Sharp in our squad and the style we play.
I’m not sure that is accurate re Nixon.

There are 2 types of reporter. Those that present the facts after the event and those who predict outcomes based on the sources they have.

Nixon is the latter, he has got 28 right this summer so far. That’s not too shabby given that most of his stuff is outside the premier league .

Happy_Martian

I’m not sure that is accurate re Nixon.

There are 2 types of reporter. Those that present the facts after the event and those who predict outcomes based on the sources they have.

Nixon is the latter, he has got 28 right this summer so far. That’s not too shabby given that most of his stuff is outside the premier league .

It's an opinion not backed by figures (I wasn't going to go back 12 months and check). And you are right, the EFL is far more diverse and less structured than the Prem and the top Euro leagues when conducting player moves. But while he's no where near as bad as Andy Turner, in my opinion, Nixon comes across as one of those that pick up gossip, chitchat or drunken ideas in the pub and report as "undisclosed sources". He is an industry-recognised reporter but is that because of the number of stories he reports and gets his name out or the number of accurate leads? It's the same as those Twitter rumour agencies we knock. Some are as accurate but because their names aren't as popular or they don't have as many followers, their stories are dismissed.

He may have successes, it's just that I don't tend to rely on his stories. If they come up, great for the clubs involved. If not, I don't dwell on it or him.

Evo1883

Hope he goes , means some won't have a boo boy next season as dabo went already 😉 what will be will be

Edit : remembered we haven't moved bidwell on yet

Matt smith

Think you missed the point of the post , many don't like bidwell
No I got your point evo, I was just saying contrary to many I actually like bidwell. I’d definitely keep him to compete with Da Silva, but I can see him going

Evo1883

If we sign a couple more strikers then godden will naturally be moved on .. done well for us and would do well for Derby

We don't currently have the bodies to move him on

CovLad94

Godden is a club legend and the best finisher at our club, the disrespect by some on here is embarrassing. He ain’t going anywhere
Biamou was considered a club legend, there comes a point when they need to be moved on for the sake of the team and their career. Godden has been good yes but replacable

Matt smith

Biamou was considered a club legend, there comes a point when they need to be moved on for the sake of the team and their career. Godden has been good yes but replacable
Now to be fair to godden he’s way more of a legend than biamou 😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread