Gilbert's Book (1 Viewer)

GaryPendrysEyes

Why the hate? He's written a book that some City fans will enjoy - there will be bits of info that may have passed us by, and give us a bit more of a coherent narrative about what happened / is happening. A lot of what we believe as fact on here is based on innuendo and rumour. Maybe he has actual facts

'Why the hate'.
Because some on here see him as anti-Sisu duh. And theyve been so great for the club, cant have any criticism.... So let's try and personalise, ridicule, attack and divert anyone daring to examine and hold them responsible...as usual....

Grendel

'Why the hate'.
Because some on here see him as anti-Sisu duh. And theyve been so great for the club, cant have any criticism.... So let's try and personalise, ridicule, attack and divert anyone daring to examine and hold them responsible...as usual....

Fuck off. I bet you've broken your whole hand typing that shite.

I'm from canley so piss off I'm dead hard.

chiefdave

Has anyone read it, and if they have is there any new information in there or is it a retelling of what we already know.?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Fuck off. I bet you've broken your whole hand typing that shite.

I'm from canley so piss off I'm dead hard.
People who live in glass house shouldn't throw stones. ( Quote, I don't know why you're so offensive )

hill83

'Why the hate'.

giphy.gif

torchomatic

I'm just pleased someone is making money out of our misery.

torchomatic

fernandopartridge

'Why the hate'.
Good to see you back. You disappeared for last season when they were generally playing well. You sad sad sad little man.

torchomatic

Good to see you back. You disappeared for last season when they were generally playing well. You sad sad sad little man.

If our form picks up he'll disappear once again.

Grendel

Captain Dart

torchomatic

Yes, a good read and some interesting stuff. Favourite line so far is the Council attitude of "screw the club". Nothing changes, does it?

NorthernWisdom

Just been reading the downloadable chapter from Simon's book (see link) he has some interesting revelations about Arena project.
http://www.pitchpublishing.co.uk/shop/coventry-city-club-without-home

Out of interest, what did you find revelatory?

The only thing I saw was Robinson's opinion, and McGuigan's opinion. Robinson seems happy to sell Derek Higgs down the river (and is nicer about Richardson than I expected, given the way they all parted company), while everyone seems to conveniently forget we actually owned the option to buy HR back at that time (and used it!).

So... revelations?

Frankley

Out of interest, what did you find revelatory?

The only thing I saw was Robinson's opinion, and McGuigan's opinion. Robinson seems happy to sell Derek Higgs down the river (and is nicer about Richardson than I expected, given the way they all parted company), while everyone seems to conveniently forget we actually owned the option to buy HR back at that time (and used it!).

So... revelations?

I hadn't realised it was a fiction book until I read the free sample chapter.

olderskyblue

out tomorrow don'tcha know.

First chapter mainly quotes. Robinson kept repeating that they'd sold HR... little interrogation into the fact they actually bought it back post-Ricoh commitment, so much of his quotes could have been challenged. Maybe that comes later.

Can I borrow one of your copies NW?

bawtryneal

My copy arrived yesterday from Amazon and I started it last night. Enjoying it so far and an "easy read" and well written. It is written in a factual style with no bias towards anybody, just stating the facts.
Only read first 35 pages so may change, but well done so far from me.

Terry Gibson's perm

My copy arrived yesterday from Amazon and I started it last night. Enjoying it so far and an "easy read" and well written. It is written in a factual style with no bias towards anybody, just stating the facts.
Only read first 35 pages so may change, but well done so far from me.

Don't tell me the end it will spoil it

Captain Dart

Generally Midfield

About the author on Amazon says 'Simon Gilbert is an award-winning journalist' and wasn't Les Reid always saying he was award winning. What is it with these local journos?

KG7

It is a more interesting read than I expected. Although I would say it is biased. There are a few comments early on that establish a neutral tone that are clearly in there to increase the impact when it shifts its bias later on. 'Award winning' carries little weight these days - unless you can establish what the award was for and where it was won. There are countless people I know who call themselves award winning filmmakers when all they've done is make a cup of tea on a tiny short that picked up a prize at a festival in Venezuela...but back to the book...an interesting read but also feels like a vanity project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

he's gonna have to sell a fair few to make money.

Just checking up on book rank as as the book is rated on Amazon.
This article http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/8-things-people-dont-know-amazons-bestsellers-rank-sales-rank/ states ...
Amazon Best Seller Rank 10,000 to 50,000 – selling 5 to 15 books a day.

* Do not understand why it is ranked higher in American Football than British Football.

Users who are viewing this thread