Gilbert's Book (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Possible, Why don't you ask Simon I am sure he would tell you. Perhaps he will let you in his gang.

I think council dart is already in Simons gang.

Generally Midfield

Don't know I could face reading an entire book but an idiot's guide to who is who in the CCFC saga would be perfect fro me! (thanks to ppl who explained who Rob Steven is. I guess on social media ppl sometimes don't express themselves too well but the exchange on twitter between him and Gilbert was a bit lively)

OffenhamSkyBlue

On Saturday, I tweeted "Shame on @TheSimonGilbert for exploiting our misery to promote his book which will lay not one ounce of blame on CCC/ACL/Wasps #pusb"
He retorted "I think you need to read it before jumping to massively incorrect conclusions."

So I went back to him, saying "so it'll show more balance than your articles in the Telegraph? If so, why?"

No response so far, surprisingly!

The bloke's a tool!

Skyblueweeman

Christ, I used to have to go to Chichester now and again for work. There was some strange... restaurant? pub? that was in some kind of church and had neon lighting in the toilets to make your teeth glow.

Ha ha! That's where I went to uni many years ago. The Uni, not the pub you mention! It is indeed a converted church. It was called the Slurping Toad when it opened (when I was at uni actually, circa 98-01) and then changed its name to Wests. Called something else now but was good back in the day. Not sure if the youngsters still frequent it.

Once saw Artful Dodger do a 'gig' there once. Very weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moff

Ha ha! That's where I went to uni many years ago. The Uni, not the pub you mention! It is indeed a converted church. It was called the Slurping Toad when it opened (when I was at uni actually, circa 98-01) and then changed its name to Wests. Called something else now but was good back in the day. Not sure if the youngsters still frequent it.

Once saw Artful Dodger do a 'gig' there once. Very weird.

The thought of Artful Dodger, bigging it large in Chichester has been a revelation to me today!

Nick

Administrator
I am looking forward to reading it. Will be an interesting insight. Really don't get why everybody is knocking it without even reading it
It's about the one thing we are all supposed to have in common on here and it might help promote our plight.
Get a grip the lot of you !!!!
What's the one thing we all have in common?

Grendel

I am looking forward to reading it. Will be an interesting insight. Really don't get why everybody is knocking it without even reading it
It's about the one thing we are all supposed to have in common on here and it might help promote our plight.

I don't care he's written a book but he seems a smug attention seeking twat - his social media escapades over the weekend defy belief.

Skyblueweeman

The thought of Artful Dodger, bigging it large in Chichester has been a revelation to me today!

One of the low lights of my gigging back catalogue. Still, a student at the time and you couldn't argue with £1 a pint!

bawtryneal

I don't care he's written a book but he seems a smug attention seeking twat - his social media escapades over the weekend defy belief.

It's called promoting yourself in 2016.
You are probably the same age/generation as me but it is what young un's do these days. Get used to it.

Nick

Administrator
It's called promoting yourself in 2016.
You are probably the same age/generation as me but it is what young un's do these days. Get used to it.

If everybody is going to start making themselves a wiki page then I am out.

If all of the act is just promoting, then it is poor form to be honest.

Skybluesince82

Simon Gilbert is the biggest self-promoting fool out there. The constant promotion of his book and articles on social media really frustrate me personally. People know his book is out soon and people know his articles appear on the CT website - he doesn't need to push it in people's faces all the time. The fact he continues to do so smacks of desperation and a desire to be heard.

He is arrogant, rude and has a really high opinion of himself for some reason.

He has pretty much made a career out of CCFC, but doesn't hesitate to slag the club (and now ex-player) off.

His book is cashing in on the misery at the club, very much like those involved with Coventry United - no time for any of them and the more people let him know that, the more likely he is to get back in his box.

bawtryneal

Reda said he would shit in Simon's face because of one of Simon's comments....... Promotion not reaching everyone in a positive way...

I didn't say I agreed with it and that it is all positive. It's just how this generation communicate and market their produc
If everybody is going to start making themselves a wiki page then I am out.

If all of the act is just promoting, then it is poor form to be honest.

How do you know if it was him who made up the wiki page?

So how else would you suggest he promotes his book. He must love all this "gossip" or "banter" about it as it helps promote.
On a bigger scale it is what Joey Barton is doing with the "coincidence" of a falling out at Rangers the day before his book is launched and serialized.
As I said earlier, it's how it works in 2016. Love it or hate it but Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc rule the world.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't say I agreed with it and that it is all positive. It's just how this generation communicate and market their produc

How do you know if it was him who made up the wiki page?

So how else would you suggest he promotes his book. He must love all this "gossip" or "banter" about it as it helps promote.
On a bigger scale it is what Joey Barton is doing with the "coincidence" of a falling out at Rangers the day before his book is launched and serialized.
As I said earlier, it's how it works in 2016. Love it or hate it but Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc rule the world.

If he has written a book then it is up to him, fair play. He is married and he has a baby on the way and the bloke needs to earn a living like everybody else.

The issue I had was the whole "Big CCFC announcement" and stringing fans along for a week about it. Judging by the comments people were asking him things like "Are sisu going" and they were getting their hopes up a little bit.

bawtryneal

Simon Gilbert is the biggest self-promoting fool out there. The constant promotion of his book and articles on social media really frustrate me personally. People know his book is out soon and people know his articles appear on the CT website - he doesn't need to push it in people's faces all the time. The fact he continues to do so smacks of desperation and a desire to be heard.

He is arrogant, rude and has a really high opinion of himself for some reason.

He has pretty much made a career out of CCFC, but doesn't hesitate to slag the club (and now ex-player) off.

His book is cashing in on the misery at the club, very much like those involved with Coventry United - no time for any of them and the more people let him know that, the more likely he is to get back in his box.

Unbelievable. I have never met the bloke so cannot comment on his personality but to say he has made a career out of CCFC. Haha. That's his f'ing job. Report on CCFC for the CET. He is a freelance journalist so is writing a book based on his knowledge and insight.

Grendel

Unbelievable. I have never met the bloke so cannot comment on his personality but to say he has made a career out of CCFC. Haha. That's his f'ing job. Report on CCFC for the CET. He is a freelance journalist so is writing a book based on his knowledge and insight.

Writing about the football club is nothing to do with his job.

Skybluesince82

Is he freelance? I don't know but appears to be employed by the Telegraph and job title seems to be chief reporter there, not CCFC correspondent.

Skybluesince82

So IF he is employed by the telegraph and he is writing a book in his own time about the club based on all the info he has accrued whilst employed there - is that not cashing in?

Captain Dart

Les Reid is far far worse for self promotion & self congratulation.

Grendel

Les Reid is far far worse for self promotion & self congratulation.

Is he? Why are you obsessed with rubbishing Reid but will defend Gilbert to the hilt?

Users who are viewing this thread