Gilbert's Book (3 Viewers)

JulianDarbyFTW

Why the hate? He's written a book that some City fans will enjoy - there will be bits of info that may have passed us by, and give us a bit more of a coherent narrative about what happened / is happening. A lot of what we believe as fact on here is based on innuendo and rumour. Maybe he has actual facts

eastwoodsdustman

Why the hate? He's written a book that some City fans will enjoy - there will be bits of info that may have passed us by, and give us a bit more of a coherent narrative about what happened / is happening. A lot of what we believe as fact on here is based on innuendo and rumour. Maybe he has actual facts

He stopped posting on here when the 'facts according to simon' were questioned and pulled apart. He's a puppet in the biggest sense.

Rodders1

I agree - I'll be buying it as will give an interesting insight.

There are many views on the situation we're in. And to be perfectly honest - every Cov fan and journalist is entitled to their view on the reasons and who to blame why we're in it.

The Penguin

Gotta say, I thought Gilbert hitting Twitter probably no more than ten minutes after the final whistle at Gillingham to tout his book was a fucking dick move.

People are pissed off about losing (again) and being mired even further at the bottom of the league, and he decides to chime in with a chipper "BUY MY CCFC BOOK WHOO" tweet?

Could've mainly been the fact it happened at 2am but I was ropable when I read it.

Captain Dart

Straight outta Canley, crazy motherfucker named Gilbert,
From the gang called Journos With Attitude

There was the Sharks, the Jets and the News Hounds.
a7f4a6ee1fd0318f2b909c0dcca2c0e6.jpg

Esoterica

If he has actual facts, do you really think the Coventry Clickbait would let him publish it in a book and not already strung out over weeks on their website? I can't see it being anything more than a damning one sided version of events, that rightly makes SISU look like the villains they are, but with no balance to it. He'd be burning too many bridges if he did.

duffer

"Coventry City: A Club Without a Home is a journey through one of the most turbulent times in the history of the Sky Blues, told by those caught in the eye of the storm."

Really? I wonder if it will interview the journalist who was sacked by the CET because he wanted to draw attention to the Council's bail-out of ACL. Will it talk to the councillors and officers who promised 'to rebuild trust' before selling the arena in a secret deal to Wasps?

If you're still working for one of the principal actors in all of this, then I can't see any way that it's going to be anything but one-sided. There's a story here to be told about the arena shambles, that's for sure, but I'd rather have someone else tell it I'm afraid - someone with a more neutral perspective who hasn't been involved in the whole mess.

It's the sort of thing that the FL or FA should commission perhaps, if they've any actual interest in what's happening to the club and more importantly how to stop others going the same way - but the truth is that they're not that interested either.

Generally Midfield

the Reda stuff on twitter is brilliant. But whose the Rob Stevens bloke. Calling Gilbert a liar and saying he knows what goes on at Canary Wharf - what's that all about?

Captain Dart

Like Army bike (Mike Bray) is of Simon Gilbert. So what?

Are journalists not allowed friends? Should we vet everyone who posts on SBT so that we all agree?

I didn't know that. Were they in the same gang in Canley?

Nick

Administrator

Are journalists not allowed friends? Should we vet everyone who posts on SBT so that we all agree?

Wouldn't worry about it, he was on about the telegraph causing Johnson to lose a big contract earlier which is the reason Johnson hates them.

I don't think it matters if he is mates with Noddy and Big Ears. That exchange they had was embarrassing.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
got to say that this last week has been some very hard core marketing just to promote and sell a book ;) ............... just to be clear I am joking !

Hobo

I'm waiting for the Les Reid book myself. I heard it's got a forward from non other than Joy Seppala. Apparently she's written the beginning, middle and end too ;)

Are you sure it wasn't the beginning, the Muddle and then the end Joy wrote.

Skyblueweeman

I wrote a piece once about the team that I played for at the time, for the Chichester Observer.

Just in the interests of transparency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I wrote a piece once about the team that I played for at the time, for the Chichester Observer.

Just in the interests of transparency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who are you friends with?

Thing I don't is, if somebody is giving out what seems to be very precise information surely to write it off because of who they know is a bit strange? Especially the way that Simon was replying to him.

Users who are viewing this thread