George Floyd (3 Viewers)

rob9872

He's ancient isn't he?
But I'm not far off.
Ingrained attitudes from a different epoch?
Or does he posess that attitude?
There once was a Council though.
You've spelt enoch with a p :)
(joke btw before the spell checkers go up in arms)

rob9872

It's more the 'how do you think this will look in the current situation to a section of your fan base and a section of the players' question that only has one answer really.

If we want to make it local, what if it was Dabo getting those messages? Would he share the same sentiment?
It's not even just the racist undertone of the quote that's odd, but the intelligence of those posting/liking etc as the authorities have made a clear choice on grooming gangs or online racism. Do they genuinely believe its one or the other and can't be both? I suspect many are simply stirring the pot, but an equal amount taken in by it.

wingy

It's more the 'how do you think this will look in the current situation to a section of your fan base and a section of the players' question that only has one answer really.

If we want to make it local, what if it was Dabo getting those messages? Would he share the same sentiment?
Same old, same old?

wingy

It's retained or played by the party who's been governing for the last 11yrs .
Just won a massive majority playing on it.

wingy

It's not even just the racist undertone of the quote that's odd, but the intelligence of those posting/liking etc as the authorities have made a clear choice on grooming gangs or online racism. Do they genuinely believe its one or the other and can't be both? I suspect many are simply stirring the pot, but an equal amount taken in by it.
It does appear to have a dual interpretation.

Otis

I have had a look at that tweet thread re the West Ham status and some of the replies absolutely stun me.

These are seemingly, eating, waking, breathing in and out human beings.

So glad I quit Twitter and FB.

shmmeee

I think the increase in black students going in the last 15 years is really something to crow about TBF.

Whether Uni attendance is an unqualified good is a whole other matter, but nice to highlight some areas of improvement.

wingy

I think the increase in black students going in the last 15 years is really something to crow about TBF.

Whether Uni attendance is an unqualified good is a whole other matter, but nice to highlight some areas of improvement.
Be interesting to see the breakdown divided into sex category?
Vocational degree's replacing other HE programmes?

Evo1883

So let's get this clear. You are wanting people to say something really outrageous so you can put them on ignore. Wow, watch me, watch me jump up and down screaming like a baby .
Have you been wearing a soiled nappy all night long and no one has bothered to change it ?

He put me on ignore because I said the SPL was shit, comes across as an absolute wank goblin

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He put me on ignore because I said the SPL was shit, comes across as an absolute wank goblin
You do realise that by quoting me he's going to be able to read what I said, and he's had me on ignore for weeks. Excellent.

He likes to fly the flag for every single group of people on the planet that aren't white and British.....and Church of England probably. I don't know why. He thinks it's his calling to despise what he was born as. He even pretended to be black a couple of weeks back to try and justify the injustices towards BAME people. That's insulting to them .
If you are on ignore wear it like a badge of honour.

chiefdave

Washington Post have been looking into the cases of several people injured at the George Floyd protests. Lets just say the police's version of events doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

wingy

Is this a critical moment in the context of the pandemic? Are we about to see a complete break down of society in the states with unemployment, racism and deep inequality acting as a powder keg for huge change?
Missed this before.
It could happen anywhere over myriad reasons.
In febrile times you can get strong reaction / action

Sky Blue Pete

Trump answer to the question of black people dying at the hands Of law enforcement was

what a terrible question and white people die too. Ummm

wingy

Trump answer to the question of black people dying at the hands Of law enforcement was

what a terrible question and white people die too. Ummm
The thing that hit me watching those vids was that not only were their actions killing him ,but there seemed be a relish in that they were being filmed.
It looked and felt to me that that officer on a couple of occasions seems to shift / accuntiuate the effect of his knee pressing down, like trying to increase the effect of it.
Just me opinion/observation.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Are you gay or something? Fit as fuck bird and you whinge about some right wing bollocks. Have a day off, pleb.
He can't do it. Don't call him gay . He'll be offended because today he's a black, gay, staunch Catholic separatist, possibly disabled.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This ain't gonna help

Its really about police procedures surely, not race. There is nothing in this video that says anything other than the procedure of apprehending an assailant , in this case, involves pressure on the neck.
The audience with mobile phones at the ready clearly are incredibly grateful he is a black man. There is nothing that says they wouldn't do this if he was white and resisting arrest.
....it just wouldn't be all over you tube.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

Its really about police procedures surely, not race. There is nothing in this video that says anything other than the procedure of apprehending an assailant , in this case, involves pressure on the neck.
The audience with mobile phones at the ready clearly are incredibly grateful he is a black man. There is nothing that says they wouldn't do this if he was white and resisting arrest.
Wow

shmmeee

I agree to an extent.As I’ve said before the stories I hear about police racism sound like how I was treated as a youth and probably point to a general issue with how the police treat groups they don’t like/trust. While the targeting may or may not be racist (I don’t know enough to say) the action alone isn’t.

That said. How can you be a copper and not know how fucking stupid it is to kneel on the neck of a black guy right now?

RegTheDonk

This ain't gonna help

What a tool. See him holding his head, fair enough, but shit technique if he was on his neck. A hot potatoe so rightly suspended pending investigation. There was two of them for gods sake, if the bloke is playing up or resisting they should be well capable of lawfully restraining him.

Shame we can't see the body cam footage and what led to this. Copper definate prick but have to agree with ADM - no evidence from the clip that he was treated that way because he's black.

Marty

Wasn't he charged with carrying a knife in public? He's not the victim in all this. The police do a job dealing with the shit of society of a daily basis, sometimes they're slightly rough. They quite possibly saved a person's life last night.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I am genuinely worried about ADM, I do think he needs a break.
Really ? Playing to your mates again.
The bloke was carrying a knife.
Perhaps he was carrying it for fun. Perhaps he was ready to stick it into a bloke in the high street and take his phone. Perhaps he was going to rape a woman at knifepoint.
But because he was black these issues don't matter to you .
What a sad bastard you are.

clint van damme

Yes, wow.
He was carrying a knife. I wonder why.
Nothing good I suppose. Good people don't carry knives.
Wow.

I've no sympathy for anyone carrying a knife but I still don't understand why you'd kneel on someone's neck.

I've never heard of anyone using their neck to put a knife in someone.

As you said yourself, that procedure is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread