George Floyd (7 Viewers)

shmmeee

With all of the anger and stuff about police brutality in America, on the way to the M6 did anybody stop off at where one of the most serious cases in the last few years happened?

Sean Fitzgerald?

shmmeee

Pissed off.

Just had a mate share some shitty “being white isn’t something to be guilty of” FB meme on our group chat.

I told him to stop being a lemon and no one is asking him to feel guilty. Someone else responds with “you’re being racist talking for black people, they can speak for themselves” and “if you want to speak for a minority only 14% of the world is white”.

I just went “OK buddy” and he started going on that I’m a snowflake and he might start fishing as he’s so good a bait.

What the fuck do you do with that? I just told him to stop being a pussy and stand by his shitty views rather than hiding behind “it’s a joke bro” when called out. But seriously what do you do with these twats that just go “lol only joking” when you pull them up. This guy is 40 FFS.

Nick

Administrator
Pissed off.

Just had a mate share some shitty “being white isn’t something to be guilty of” FB meme on our group chat.

I told him to stop being a lemon and no one is asking him to feel guilty. Someone else responds with “you’re being racist talking for black people, they can speak for themselves” and “if you want to speak for a minority only 14% of the world is white”.

I just went “OK buddy” and he started going on that I’m a snowflake and he might start fishing as he’s so good a bait.

What the fuck do you do with that? I just told him to stop being a pussy and stand by his shitty views rather than hiding behind “it’s a joke bro” when called out. But seriously what do you do with these twats that just go “lol only joking” when you pull them up. This guy is 40 FFS.

Being white isn't but being a c**t is.

Ring Of Steel

Pissed off.

God knows.. its the 'only joking' thing, you kind of know they're not.

Ring Of Steel

If you call them out you “fell” for their “trick”, what sort of trick is that?? Well done mate you made me think you’re a moron?

Sounds like he may have been embarrassed at being called out and reverted to "ah, it was all just a plan!" in order to get out of it

chiefdave

With all of the anger and stuff about police brutality in America, on the way to the M6 did anybody stop off at where one of the most serious cases in the last few years happened?
Presume you're referring to Sean Fitzgerald. Seen a couple of protest banners with his name on and whoever runs Justice for Sean Fitzgerald was supporting the protests. The IPC enquiry still hasn't been completed / released has it? Seems to be taking forever on what seems, from the information that is public, a fairly straightforward case.

shmmeee

Sounds like he may have been embarrassed at being called out and reverted to "ah, it was all just a plan!" in order to get out of it

I hope so. He used to be a decent guy, then about two years ago started ranting about how Halal meat was cruel “but I’m not a racist”, then it was the evils of Islam “but Islam isn’t a race so I’m not racist”, now it’s outright white nationalist shit, but “it’s a joke bro”. Tempted to dob him in to his wife who is the most blue fringed SJW you’ll ever meet.

Nick

Administrator
I hope so. He used to be a decent guy, then about two years ago started ranting about how Halal meat was cruel “but I’m not a racist”, then it was the evils of Islam “but Islam isn’t a race so I’m not racist”, now it’s outright white nationalist shit, but “it’s a joke bro”. Tempted to dob him in to his wife who is the most blue fringed SJW you’ll ever meet.

Think Social Media plays a part?

shmmeee

Think Social Media plays a part?

Definitely. He hasn’t worked in months and spends all day on YouTube. I mean this guy used to be a proper hippy and take acid and talk about how we’re all one and how he’s been to the Peace Festival, now he’s like a shit Tommy Robinson tribute act.

Nick

Administrator
Definitely. He hasn’t worked in months and spends all day on YouTube. I mean this guy used to be a proper hippy and take acid and talk about how we’re all one and how he’s been to the Peace Festival, now he’s like a shit Tommy Robinson tribute act.
I am a prick at the best of times but I reckon if I had Facebook I would triple the scale.

RegTheDonk

In this particular instance attempting to make the point that just because one statue was pulled down, thats not going to solve everything and we can't- or at least shouldn't- all just go back to how we were before as if nothing happened. Nobody is calling for looting and people getting injured as far as I can see, thats just kicking off for the sake of it which deflects from the point. However commemorating & celebrating racists and white supremacists in the place which produced 11 of the last 14 PMs, in this day and age is that really necessary?
So why mention the statue? If people regularly gathered around that to commemorate and celebrate racist activity, you would have a point that it's obviously something that needs addressing. I dare say most people haven't a clue who he is or what he stands for.

If you've got an issue with that or any other statue, why not take it up with whoever has the power to remove said statues/artifacts in a democratic and legal way.

RegTheDonk

I saw that.

Fair play to him too! He's clearly sat down to list everybody who it has happened to in the UK!
That looks very damning and anybody seeing it on the demo would think shit. But were they all killed unlawfully?

clint van damme

That looks very damning and anybody seeing it on the demo would think shit. But were they all killed unlawfully?

I actually saw the list the other day going all the way back to Ian Tomlinson.
Very little controversy surrounding the majority of them though there are still some horrible incidents in there where people have lost their lives and 1 unlawful killing by the police is one too many but we've got nothing like the issues they have in the States and other countries thankfully.

Grendel

There have been 10 black deaths in police custody in the last 10 years

clint van damme

There have been 10 black deaths in police custody in the last 10 years

I think that list is people killed by police in incidents rather than in custody ( it certainly includes people killed in incidents).
A lot of them were armed and a few were armed sieges.

Grendel

I think that list is people killed by police in incidents rather than in custody ( it certainly includes people killed in incidents).
A lot of them were armed and a few were armed sieges.
It says 1,000 Deaths in police custody

RegTheDonk

Not disputing any of the above lads but what are the circumstances, because on the face of it that looks like 1,000 deaths because the police at best killed someone in custody though neglect, or at worst intentially killed someone (like the bloke in the US by kneeling on his neck). A few of those names are probably fuck ups or wrong doing, but many were probably killed because they were armed and a threat to someone's life. FFS, one bloke was the geezer who mowed down people on London Brigdge, stabbed and killed an off duty copper, then threatend he had an IED.

Grendel

Actually they aren’t all shot so I’m not sure what he remembers but it’s fuck all to do with reality

TomRad85

Not disputing any of the above lads but what are the circumstances, because on the face of it that looks like 1,000 deaths because the police at best killed someone in custody though neglect, or at worst intentially killed someone (like the bloke in the US by kneeling on his neck). A few of those names are probably fuck ups or wrong doing, but many were probably killed because they were armed and a threat to someone's life. FFS, one bloke was the geezer who mowed down people on London Brigdge, stabbed and killed an off duty copper, then threatend he had an IED.

Jeez you're right, he has put Masood on his little list. Not a good look really.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

The 1,000 deaths is bollocks unless we are going back perhaps to Robert Peel

Sky Blue Pete

Pissed off.

Said to my daughter and father in law that we have to start with under 7’s everyone else has made their minds up about everything

Users who are viewing this thread