George Floyd (11 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
It is very dangerous, where did the rumour of it being him start?

It could just be somebody who doesn't like him trying to cause a bit of trouble.

ajsccfc

Problem is, now his chances of being on the receiving end of a fair old beating has gone up exponentially, regardless.

And if he is the wrong person, that provokes a spot of revenge violence... and so on, and so on.

Life's a bit shit just atm.

The classic online vigilante tactic. Who gives a fuck about accuracy and confirmation when there's now a face and a name to direct anger toward?

Shudder to think how many people over the years have caught shit because their photo was wrongly used to 'expose' the Jamie Bulger murderers new identities

clint van damme

The classic online vigilante tactic. Who gives a fuck about accuracy and confirmation when there's now a face and a name to direct anger toward?

Shudder to think how many people over the years have caught shit because their photo was wrongly used to 'expose' the Jamie Bulger murderers new identities

People posting this are fucking morons.
'The police won't release it'- of course they will if it's him for fucks sake

Just wait until the police issue the photo(s) of people they want to speak to.

Nick

Administrator
Is there no footage of a brick being thrown? Surely it can just be compared to that?

Doing a quick search, it looks like it happened in America?

His criminal record will say interfering with Animals :)

NorthernWisdom

Is there no footage of a brick being thrown? Surely it can just be compared to that?
What's the point anyway? One thing the police do is hunt down those who go after one of their own. Whoever did it will end up found by them, and judges don't look sympathetically on going after the police.

Point of public naming and shaming, that is.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
What's the point anyway? One thing the police do is hunt down those who go after one of their own. Whoever did it will end up found by them, and judges don't look sympathetically on going after the police.

Point pf public naming and shaming, that is.

Hopefully they do, especially if it's against horses and dogs etc.

shmmeee

Not sure I’m a fan of Kier Starmer going on LBC and pandering to nutters. I also don’t think as Labour leader should share a platform of with Nigel ‘I got some hard truths for you black people to hear’ Farage.

Maybe it’s just me...

Who says he’s pandering? And by this logic no Labour MP should ever go on Question Time.

I have my doubts about how well he’ll handle it but talking to people who disagree with you is a vital part of politics.

clint van damme

It's amazing how many of the 'patriots' have called time on the concept of innocent until proven guilty and the right to a fair trial which is enshrined in UK law

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Loving the upset gammon this morning.

Some people pulled down a statue the people of bristol hate and is only still standing because it was listed

Some people block a motorway for an hour

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
....the peripheral thoughts of Gerry Adams, ladies and gents.

rob9872

It's a good job this lot causing mayhem weren't football fans or they'd be expecting early morning knocks.

As for the statue, it has no place and was rightly pulled down, but there are channels that should have done this legally and there has to be recourse otherwise the precedents are set. There would be nothing to stop that Sunderland nutter who was shouting at the JH statue following suit. The law can't distinguish that one is a legitimate protest and the other one isn't.

Liquid Gold

It's a good job this lot causing mayhem weren't football fans or they'd be expecting early morning knocks.

As for the statue, it has no place and was rightly pulled down, but there are channels that should have done this legally and there has to be recourse otherwise the precedents are set. There would be nothing to stop that Sunderland nutter who was shouting at the JH statue following suit. The law can't distinguish that one is a legitimate protest and the other one isn't.
That statue should have been down decades ago, it’s been a stain on the city of Bristol and we’ve been trying to get rid of it for years using legal channels and it’s been blocked.

rob9872

That statue should have been down decades ago, it’s been a stain on the city of Bristol and we’ve been trying to get rid of it for years using legal channels and it’s been blocked.
I agree it has no place, but that battle should have continued and made a national issue if need be. I'd certainly never heard about it until yesterday. However it can't be that if we don't like or disagree with something that we break the law to change it, however strong our beliefs.

Nick

Administrator
It’s all culture war isn’t it. Something that your side does has to be defended forever and something the other side does is beyond reproach.

Not really. There are white and black people on the protests acting like cunts and there are white and black people demonstrating that it can be done properly and maintain social distancing.

It isn't a race thing, it's a c**t thing. I guess some would love it to be a race war from both "sides".

shmmeee

Isn’t it standard police practice to stand back and film? Swear I see the same complaints with all of these sorts of incidents. Got a mate who does festival security who says the same thing about police not wading in batons blazing.

clint van damme

Isn’t it standard police practice to stand back and film? Swear I see the same complaints with all of these sorts of incidents. Got a mate who does festival security who says the same thing about police not wading in batons blazing.

They do it a football all the time. Work with a Blues supporter who told me there's been a few flash points outside There games this year when.police have just stood off and filmed it.

Liquid Gold

Not really. There are white and black people on the protests acting like cunts and there are white and black people demonstrating that it can be done properly and maintain social distancing.

It isn't a race thing, it's a c**t thing. I guess some would love it to be a race war from both "sides".
The culture war isn’t between black and white people nick.

stay_up_skyblues

Hold up, this guy's got evidence

Can we close down the internet? Fucking hell

This guy Liam Howse has been knocking around on the forum for years, generally chatting rubbish and pissing people off. I believe he goes on the FL pages and Sunderland forums giving it large and stoking up trouble. I get the impression he has fairly serious learning difficulties so would be dubious about this accusation. Seems more likely to me he’s been stitched up by an oppo fan or even one of our own.

Johnnythespider

He doesn't look as if he could lift a brick.

If he did do it, city fan or not then I hope he is on the receiving end of a bit of off the record brutality. Make him stand and get kicked by a horse.
The media refusing to print the picture is a dead giveaway that it's fake, it would be front page if they knew who it was

Liquid Gold

I agree it has no place, but that battle should have continued and made a national issue if need be. I'd certainly never heard about it until yesterday. However it can't be that if we don't like or disagree with something that we break the law to change it, however strong our beliefs.
As I said in a previous post the city has a lot to do in owning up to its wealth coming from the enslavement of Africans. Museum of Bristol has nothing. It needs a dedicated museum that educates people about how entrenched it was in the city’s economy. If that was there the statue would have been moved to there some time ago with no trouble and still be standing but when the idea gets bought up we get the same tired old white middle class voices saying “time to move on, it was ages ago, we’re all equal now”etc. There would have been nothing to check in the river if certain people were prepared to stand up and accept the historical reality.

clint van damme

This guy Liam Howse has been knocking around on the forum for years, generally chatting rubbish and pissing people off. I believe he goes on the FL pages and Sunderland forums giving it large and stoking up trouble. I get the impression he has fairly serious learning difficulties so would be dubious about this accusation. Seems more likely to me he’s been stitched up by an oppo fan or even one of our own.

If that's true and someone's stitched him up they're as bad as the cunts throwing bricks

Nick

Administrator
A few white nationalists maybe. I’d like to think that the vast majority of us are smart enough not to let them get their race war and stand in solidarity with people of all races against that shit.

Like I said, there will be cunts in all races.

They need eradicating first, get the Tommy Robinson's of the world vanishing.

David O'Day

It seems its historic englands fault the statue was still up

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes. You can't go around deplatforming people because you don't like what they say. Where would it end?

You can if what they're saying is complete shite and untrue. Much of what Farage says is.

And that is true of all sides. No platform unless evidence provided to back up what you're saying.

Liquid Gold

Maybe someone ought to inform him a lot of the poorest working class live in cities as well. Also no mention of the villages/countryside and their elite
He doesn’t give a shit, he’s just trying to feed the narrative of them metropolitan liberal elite’ bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread