George Floyd (7 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

RegTheDonk

The only person outraged on here about it is Nick and he’s had to invent his own context to the video to be outraged. Everyone you/Nick etc seem to think would/should be outraged about it on here have all said he’s clearly resisting arrest and the police are doing nothing wrong. Couldn’t have done that without the video.
So are him saying if nobody had been around filming it, they would have choked him to death? Tony, the only thing to be outraged about here is you're trying to find excuses for the mob mentality.

People, please...put the phones down and HELP the police. Or at the very least, keep quiet and let them get on with their job.

RegTheDonk

If you’re black you’re five times more likely to be stopped and searched. That’s the government’s own figures. Not sure how you can dispute that there’s an issue when the government are confirming there is. That is discrimination.
This has been discussed previously - vehicle crime asside, you can't be stopped and searched unless there is a reason. You're taking that statistic and assuming black people are being stopped at random.

skybluetony176

So are him saying if nobody had been around filming it, they would have choked him to death? Tony, the only thing to be outraged about here is you're trying to find excuses for the mob mentality.

People, please...put the phones down and HELP the police. Or at the very least, keep quiet and let them get on with their job.
Jesus. You’ve clearly attended the same expand your imagination class as Nick.

skybluetony176

This has been discussed previously - vehicle crime asside, you can't be stopped and searched unless there is a reason. You're taking that statistic and assuming black people are being stopped at random.
That reason can be as simple walking through an area with high gang related issues. Which is basically almost anywhere in London.

RegTheDonk

Where have I said every officer is racist?
It means there is a perception that racism exists in the MET, (something the MET admit), so any allegation of racism is going to get some traction even if that's undeservedly so.

The seed for that perception have been sown for many years, and there have been may high profile failings with regard to race relations including the handling of the Stephen Lawrence case, the Macpherson report and even reports this year of an officer leaving because of racist graffiti and a young PC involved with a far right group.

Are you seriously suggesting the stuff I've written above is not as big a concern as some young idiots chancing their arm trying to make out an officer is being brutal or racist when he's not?

The problem is it's going to take the MET years to shake it's reputation and even longer for people to say, when an allegation of racism is made against them, no that's bollocks because the METs not racist.
Not disputing there must be racist coppers in the Met, indeed in every other police force. It would be daft to think otherwise.

Institutionally racist = it's normal practice, so just like Lay Visitors used to visit cells, lets start taking random samples from body cameras, it'll catch all MET coppers actively profiling black people or stopping and searching them just because they are black. Lets also dip into random CCTV from cell blocks, front offices and we'll overhear them talking about how they'd also like to choke a black man to death. Lets weed out the small percentage, just as we should challenge or shop fans giving it the racist bollocks when Max/Job/Bacca misses a sitter.

Just one thought, if we agree the seed for that perception have been sown for many years (there's indeed been those incidents over the years) ... how different is it from the perception that all Irish people support the IRA (there's been a few bombers over the years), all muslims are terrorists (there's been a few knife/bomb/lorry incidents over the years) all catholic priests are nonses (there's been a few highlighted in the media) etc?

We face becoming what we are all so against - biast.

RegTheDonk

Jesus. You’ve clearly attended the same expand your imagination class as Nick.
Lol - so you don't think the wagons are circuling after all? Think its more the case of your imagination is closed Tony. Or blinkered.
That reason can be as simple walking through an area with high gang related issues. Which is basically almost anywhere in London.
Sorry, I just can't help laughing now. I'm assuming the person is black so what are you saying now ... you can be lawfully searched anywhere in London because you are black? Also - WHY would they be searching black people at random? Is the reason for the stop and search that all black people are in gangs?

Look Tony - I totally get there are bad apples in every walk of life but the baying mob isn't the answer. Be it the police, the schools, industry, football and kick it out - there's no place for racism. Let's be guided by facts not fury.

skybluetony176

Lol - so you don't think the wagons are circuling after all? Think its more the case of your imagination is closed Tony. Or blinkered.

Sorry, I just can't help laughing now. I'm assuming the person is black so what are you saying now ... you can be lawfully searched anywhere in London because you are black? Also - WHY would they be searching black people at random? Is the reason for the stop and search that all black people are in gangs?

Look Tony - I totally get there are bad apples in every walk of life but the baying mob isn't the answer. Be it the police, the schools, industry, football and kick it out - there's no place for racism. Let's be guided by facts not fury.
You can read it on the government’s website for yourself. The police can use stop and search in an area where they believe crime is taking place or about to take place. Basically London. They can use this power on anyone and use it disproportionately on black people. Neither points are my opinion, they’re facts.

clint van damme

Not disputing there must be racist coppers in the Met, indeed in every other police force. It would be daft to think otherwise.

Institutionally racist = it's normal practice, so just like Lay Visitors used to visit cells, lets start taking random samples from body cameras, it'll catch all MET coppers actively profiling black people or stopping and searching them just because they are black. Lets also dip into random CCTV from cell blocks, front offices and we'll overhear them talking about how they'd also like to choke a black man to death. Lets weed out the small percentage, just as we should challenge or shop fans giving it the racist bollocks when Max/Job/Bacca misses a sitter.

Just one thought, if we agree the seed for that perception have been sown for many years (there's indeed been those incidents over the years) ... how different is it from the perception that all Irish people support the IRA (there's been a few bombers over the years), all muslims are terrorists (there's been a few knife/bomb/lorry incidents over the years) all catholic priests are nonses (there's been a few highlighted in the media) etc?

We face becoming what we are all so against - biast.

The Irish and Muslim comparisons don't really stand up as they're not institutions though I get the point you're trying to make.
The catholic church is a good comparison and no doubt there are people who've claimed abuse and perhaps received compensation who made their story up and weren't actually entitled to it.

But abuse was rife in the catholic church and as a consequence claims of abuse against priests are going to be taken seriously, some may well have taken advantage of that for their own gain but the big issue is the abuse that went on and the way a major worldwide institution reacted to it. Just like this situation, a few piss takers shouldn't detract from the bigger issue.

skybluetony176

Apologies if posted already, filmed in London I believe on Saturday.

It was an annual event in Brixton. This particular section are apparently a group intent on stopping knife crime in their communities, hence the stab vests. A bit like the guardian angels that use to patrol the NY subways in the 80 & 90’s when subways in NY were becoming no go areas as they’d became over run with gangs and crime.

skybluetony176

It’sabatch87

It was an annual event in Brixton. This particular section are apparently a group intent on stopping knife crime in their communities, hence the stab vests. A bit like the guardian angels that use to patrol the NY subways in the 80 & 90’s when subways in NY were becoming no go areas as they’d became over run with gangs and crime.
Great idea,Always wondered what happened to the Guardian angels.
Remember seeing a few on the tube in London years ago on trips to watch City.

skybluetony176

Great idea,Always wondered what happened to the Guardian angels.
Remember seeing a few on the tube in London years ago on trips to watch City.
Still going I think but scaled back as the NY subway isn’t as bad as it was back then. Think I recall the London branch opening now you mention it, although I was obviously very young at the time.

Nick

Administrator
If people are doing that to cut out knife crime then fair play to them. It needs cutting out.

Not sure about the shit marching though.

skybluetony176

Again, was I racially targetted when I would be pulled over multiple times a week based on the car I was driving?
We’re you pulled over because you were a white person driving a car that the questioning would indicate that you had no right to own it?

skybluetony176

Yep, we have already been through this on this very thread.

At least once a week.
Didn’t you say you were driving the most stolen car in the country at the time? A car that the police famously would stop regularly based on that and the age of the driver?
How’s that the same as being stopped multiple times because the police don’t believe the black driver can afford several different makes and models of car?

Nick

Administrator
Didn’t you say you were driving the most stolen car in the country at the time? A car that the police famously would stop regularly based on that and the age of the driver?
How’s that the same as being stopped multiple times because the police don’t believe the black driver can afford several different makes and models of car?

Nope I said driving one that was stolen a lot.

It's the same thing, regardless of how you want to try and spin it.

I didn't realise at the time I was being racially harassed because they thought I was a car thief.

skybluetony176

Nope I said driving one that was stolen a lot.

It's the same thing, regardless of how you want to try and spin it.

I didn't realise at the time I was being racially harassed because they thought I was a car thief.
You were not stopped because you were white, you were stopped because of the make and model of car you were driving and possibly/probably your age. At best you can say you were discriminated against based on your age, to suggest that you were discriminated against for being white is just bollocks. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Nick

Administrator
You were not stopped because you were white, you were stopped because of the make and model of car you were driving and possibly/probably your age. At best you can say you were discriminated against based on your age, to suggest that you were discriminated against for being white is just bollocks. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Would Danny Rose be stopped the same if he was driving a Focus 2L Diesel then just because of his skin colour?

I am pretty sure it was because I was white and it was nothing to do with the car I was driving.

Make up your mind Tony.

RegTheDonk

You can read it on the government’s website for yourself. The police can use stop and search in an area where they believe crime is taking place or about to take place. Basically London. They can use this power on anyone and use it disproportionately on black people. Neither points are my opinion, they’re facts.
Just seen your other two posts.

Assuming Danny Rose isn't driving like a nob, the police obviously at fault. A quick check on the reg should show who owns it or if its reported stolen. These days, camcar and body cam footage should show any non justified actions and hopefully Danny Rose will report any incidents and it's looked into.

Guardian Angels. Good idea remember them trying to get going over here ... but how about those guys join the Special Constabulary and get proper training, along with the full support of being lawful. Fight the cause from within, as Shmee would say about joining the labour party.

The stop and search you're quoting has to be authorised by a senior officer and has to be intelligence led and specifcally targetted to an area or individuals. It can't last indefinately and needs to be updated due to risk and intel. It's one of the reasons May got the rules changed when she was home secretary because stop and search powers weren't stringent enough. If its ongoing in an area then hey, maybe it's because there's a lot of gang activity in that area predominantly invoving black kids of a certain age?

But you're saying "basically London" is rife and anybody can be stopped at any time if they're black and use the excuse they must be in a gang. Thats like saying there was a spate of burglaries 3 months ago in Wood End, we'll use that excuse to stop anybody we think's going equipped in Counden.

Tony, I respect your views on Brexit and the City because it's all about opinions, but I think you're too entrenched in your quest for proving institutional racism in the old bill to look at both sides of the coin. I expect you'll reply, so fee free to have the final word on this particular issue.

Fair play to Clint, he gets my point but has rightly pointed out some other factors that come into play. He gets a like.

skybluetony176

Would Danny Rose be stopped the same if he was driving a Focus 2L Diesel then just because of his skin colour?

I am pretty sure it was because I was white and it was nothing to do with the car I was driving.

Make up your mind Tony.
Are police randomly stopping 2 litre diesel focus’ because they’re the hot ticket for car thieves and joy riders? No. Stop being pathetic.

I used to be regularly pulled by the police because I was a motorcyclist. To the point where I started carrying my documents with me because I was pissed of with doing producers at the police station. Was I discriminated at for being a motorcyclist? Absolutely. Was I pulled over for being white. Never.

I chose to be a motorcyclist and the risk of regularly being pulled same as you chose to drive a car that regularly got pulled because it was a hot ticket for car thieves and joy riders. Danny Rose doesn’t chose to be black. Grow up.

Nick

Administrator
Are police randomly stopping 2 litre diesel focus’ because they’re the hot ticket for car thieves and joy riders? No. Stop being pathetic.

I used to be regularly pulled by the police because I was a motorcyclist. To the point where I started carrying my documents with me because I was pissed of with doing producers at the police station. Was I discriminated at for being a motorcyclist? Absolutely. Was I pulled over for being white. Never.

I chose to be a motorcyclist and the risk of regularly being pulled same as you chose to drive a car that regularly got pulled because it was a hot ticket for car thieves and joy riders. Danny Rose doesn’t chose to be black. Grow up.

You aren't making any sense though, there's a massive contradiction.

You are saying Danny Rose is pulled over purely because he is black and nothing to do with the car he drives, yet I was pulled over because of the car I drove and nothing to do with the colour of my skin?

Surely if it was purely based on the colour of his skin and not related to his cars, he would be pulled over in a 2 litre diesel too?

You need consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread