George Floyd (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I gave him three opportunities to say you’re quite right they didn’t say get your knee of his neck before he took that opportunity. Not sure how that’s my fault.

So why do you seem unwilling to discuss the actual things said? Same in his posts and same in mine.

I said I had no sound so couldn't re-listen.

It is all about the semantics. It's a bit strange.

Nick

Administrator
Just to be clear if you read the statement from the Met they also point out that the footage clears the officers of any wrongdoing. Good job them pricks filmed it.

So 30 seconds of a 15 minute incident clears it and not the bodycam footage from start to finish?

You seem as desperate as Shmeee on a council thread.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So 30 seconds of a 15 minute incident clears it and not the bodycam footage from start to finish?

You're giving a good account of yourself and generally making some decent points, I'm just not sure why you're still bothering. It should be pretty clear right now that you cannot have a debate with most of the people occupying this thread.

Leave the children to play amongst themselves.

skybluetony176

So why do you seem unwilling to discuss the actual things said? Same in his posts and same in mine.

I said I had no sound so couldn't re-listen.

It is all about the semantics. It's a bit strange.
I think you should take a look in the mirror. Only one of us is attempting to rewrite what was said and it isn’t me. Bit rich to accuse others of not wanting to discuss what was said when you’re busily rewriting what actually was said.

skybluetony176

They’ve pointed out exactly what I’ve said from the off. The 30 second video clearly shows that the officers were not at fault and the guy was resisting arrest. That’s the point I’m making. You’re only blowing smoke up your own arse with the rest of your post.

Nick

Administrator
I think you should take a look in the mirror. Only one of us is attempting to rewrite what was said and it isn’t me. Bit rich to accuse others of not wanting to discuss what was said when you’re busily rewriting what actually was said.

Hardly trying to rewrite anything.

Why can't you discuss and say how you would feel if it was Tommy Robinson spitting at police and his mates stood around filming and egging him on? Why can't you say how you would feel if somebody on here started defending that racist bloke in Broadgate just because he was white?

This is the issue, you flip it round and people get uncomfortable.

skybluetony176

You're giving a good account of yourself and generally making some decent points, I'm just not sure why you're still bothering. It should be pretty clear right now that you cannot have a debate with most of the people occupying this thread.

Leave the children to play amongst themselves.
You think Tommy Robinson is doing a public service. You’re not exactly qualified to label people children when you buy that fairytale. Wait until you find out Father Christmas isn’t real. Oops.

Nick

Administrator
They’ve pointed out exactly what I’ve said from the off. The 30 second video clearly shows that the officers were not at fault and the guy was resisting arrest. That’s the point I’m making. You’re only blowing smoke up your own arse with the rest of your post.

So why did they bother with the bodycam footage for 15 minutes when they could just have watched a 30 second clip? 😂

This is the issue when there's no consistency, people get tangled up. Unable to call people out for being cunts because they happen to have a different colour skin (not because of it).

That really is part of the problem.

skybluetony176

Hardly trying to rewrite anything.

Why can't you discuss and say how you would feel if it was Tommy Robinson spitting at police and his mates stood around filming and egging him on? Why can't you say how you would feel if somebody on here started defending that racist bloke in Broadgate just because he was white?

This is the issue, you flip it round and people get uncomfortable.

A) the very first thing I posted about the video was the guy is being a dick and the police did nothing wrong.
B) you are rewriting what was said. That isn’t even an opinion, it’s a fact. It’s not my words against yours, it’s your words against yours.

skybluetony176

So why did they bother with the bodycam footage for 15 minutes when they could just have watched a 30 second clip? 😂

This is the issue when there's no consistency, people get tangled up. Unable to call people out for being cunts because they happen to have a different colour skin (not because of it).

I don’t feel the people filming it are being cunts. What if the situation unfolded to be the next Rodney King? Or worse still George Floyd? I say fair play to the people filming it. Were people filming them incidents cunts?

Nick

Administrator
A) the very first thing I posted about the video was the guy is being a dick and the police did nothing wrong.
B) you are rewriting what was said. That isn’t even an opinion, it’s a fact. It’s not my words against yours, it’s your words against yours.

I wasn't re-writing, I couldn't re-listen at that point but when I first posted it I clearly did put what was said.

Im talking about the onlookers as well which you seem to think are upstanding citizens doing a great favour.

But no, you cling on to something because you are unable to say how you would feel if it was the other way round because you would looked a bit silly. That says it all and is exactly why issues won't get sorted.

As long as it gets you out of actually discussing things though, stick to just shouting racism about everything. It shows the levels you are at.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t feel the people filming it are being cunts. What if the situation unfolded to be the next Rodney King? Or worse still George Floyd? I say fair play to the people filming it. Were people filming them incidents cunts?

"fair play" to them?

That just proves my point exactly. They were interfering with an arrest and the police were being assaulted and they egged him on and shouted crap at the police.

Fuck off, you know for a fact you would be completely the opposite if it was EDL pricks surrounding the police while somebody was trying to fight them.

Next you will be acting like they saved his fucking life. 😂

clint van damme

The problem is that the MET, by it's own admission, is institutionally racist. What that means is that in incidents like this one, if someone cries police racism or police brutality, then it holds water with a lot of people .

The way to solve this is for the MET to shed that tag, (this goes for other police forces as well but it seems to be a particular problem in the MET).

I don't really disagree with much you're saying about this incident but if it is part of the problem then it's only a small part. The perception of the MET is the bigger issue.
From stuff I've read they are trying but when stories like the one earlier in the year pop up about the young police officer who was part of a far right group that undoes anything positive.

Nick

Administrator
The problem is that the MET, by it's own admission, is institutionally racist. What that means is that in incidents like this one, if someone cries police racism or police brutality, then it holds water with a lot of people .

The way to solve this is for the MET to shed that tag, (this goes for other police forces as well but it seems to be a particular problem in the MET).

I don't really disagree with much you're saying about this incident but if it is part of the problem then it's only a small part. The perception of the MET is the bigger issue.
From stuff I've read they are trying but when stories like the one earlier in the year pop up about the young police officer who was part of a far right group that undoes anything positive.

Does that mean every officer is a racist and targeting people for the colour of their skin? Isn't making those assumptions and tarring with the same brush quite dangerous ground and along the lines of the actual issue at hand, discrimination?

skybluetony176

"fair play" to them?

That just proves my point exactly. They were interfering with an arrest and the police were being assaulted and they egged him on and shouted crap at the police.

Fuck off, you know for a fact you would be completely the opposite if it was EDL pricks surrounding the police while somebody was trying to fight them.

Next you will be acting like they saved his fucking life. 😂
Interfering with an arrest. You’re just making things up again. No one interferes with what the officers did, they filmed it. That’s all.

Shouting crap. Telling someone not to put their knee on someone’s neck is not shouting crap, it’s good advice and common sense. Especially in the current climate.

Egging him on? What did they say exactly to egg him on?

No I won’t be saying that they saved his life. I’ll leave the exaggerating to you.

skybluetony176

Does that mean every officer is a racist and targeting people for the colour of their skin? Isn't making those assumptions and tarring with the same brush quite dangerous ground and along the lines of the actual issue at hand, discrimination?
If you’re black you’re five times more likely to be stopped and searched. That’s the government’s own figures. Not sure how you can dispute that there’s an issue when the government are confirming there is. That is discrimination.

Nick

Administrator
Interfering with an arrest. You’re just making things up again. No one interferes with what the officers did, they filmed it. That’s all.

Shouting crap. Telling someone not to put their knee on someone’s neck is not shouting crap, it’s good advice and common sense. Especially in the current climate.

Egging him on? What did they say exactly to egg him on?

No I won’t be saying that they saved his life. I’ll leave the exaggerating to you.

So they were just stood there quietly and in no way aggressive towards the police?

At points they were literally stood on top of them trying to film and shouting stuff.

As I said, what would you do if it was some EDL gimps and a couple of black / asian police offers? What happens if the guy got arrested in broadgate and was fighting them and his mate was stood over them shouting random shit at the police like that?

Turn things around to get both perspectives, you don't seem to be able to. You want everything to be racist.

Nick

Administrator
If you’re black you’re five times more likely to be stopped and searched. That’s the government’s own figures. Not sure how you can dispute that there’s an issue when the government are confirming there is. That is discrimination.

So surely it's discrimination for every police officer to be tarred with the same brush?

As I said, the more people like you are condoning those sorts of incidents and the crowd around them the more the police will have to make that split second decision whether to bother stopping crime or just letting it go because of the hassle.

clint van damme

Where have I said every officer is racist?
It means there is a perception that racism exists in the MET, (something the MET admit), so any allegation of racism is going to get some traction even if that's undeservedly so.

The seed for that perception have been sown for many years, and there have been may high profile failings with regard to race relations including the handling of the Stephen Lawrence case, the Macpherson report and even reports this year of an officer leaving because of racist graffiti and a young PC involved with a far right group.

Are you seriously suggesting the stuff I've written above is not as big a concern as some young idiots chancing their arm trying to make out an officer is being brutal or racist when he's not?

The problem is it's going to take the MET years to shake it's reputation and even longer for people to say, when an allegation of racism is made against them, no that's bollocks because the METs not racist.

skybluetony176

So they were just stood there quietly and in no way aggressive towards the police?

At points they were literally stood on top of them trying to film and shouting stuff.

As I said, what would you do if it was some EDL gimps and a couple of black / asian police offers? What happens if the guy got arrested in broadgate and was fighting them and his mate was stood over them shouting random shit at the police like that?

Turn things around to get both perspectives, you don't seem to be able to. You want everything to be racist.
I never said that they were quite. Another exaggeration. I never said that they wasn’t stood over them filming. Another exaggeration.
At no point did they interfere with the police arresting the guy. At no point did they touch the police. Holding a camera phone and filming is not interference. The fact that you keep trying to bring the EDL into it is pretty pathetic. If you want to get a perspective on things you should probably start by stopping exaggeration and rewriting the dialogue.

Nick

Administrator
I never said that they were quite. Another exaggeration. I never said that they wasn’t stood over them filming. Another exaggeration.
At no point did they interfere with the police arresting the guy. At no point did they touch the police. Holding a camera phone and filming is not interference. The fact that you keep trying to bring the EDL into it is pretty pathetic. If you want to get a perspective on things you should probably start by stopping exaggeration and rewriting the dialogue.

Standing over them struggling and shouting stuff is interfering. They don't have to touch the police to be interfering.

You are consistently trying to play word games to get out actually discussing the points.

It's embarrassing.

skybluetony176

So surely it's discrimination for every police officer to be tarred with the same brush?

As I said, the more people like you are condoning those sorts of incidents and the crowd around them the more the police will have to make that split second decision whether to bother stopping crime or just letting it go because of the hassle.
Who’s tarring every police officer with the same brush? Exaggeration again.
You don’t seem to understand the difference between stopping crime and stopping people disproportionately based on skin colour.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You think Tommy Robinson is doing a public service. You’re not exactly qualified to label people children when you buy that fairytale. Wait until you find out Father Christmas isn’t real. Oops.

I think Tommy Robinson knows more about Islam than you do. I have also called him a moron several times. Something which also covers you pretty well.

You lot lost the argument on here a while ago.

skybluetony176

Standing over them struggling and shouting stuff is interfering. They don't have to touch the police to be interfering.

You are consistently trying to play word games to get out actually discussing the points.

It's embarrassing.
Again with the exaggeration. I’ve seen the video several times now, if only to keep checking your false as it turns out accusations. You’re yet to describe either the actions or dialogue correctly. Very disingenuous to accuse others of playing word games when you’re rewriting the words in a video you yourself linked.

Nick

Administrator
Where have I said every officer is racist?
It means there is a perception that racism exists in the MET, (something the MET admit), so any allegation of racism is going to get some traction even if that's undeservedly so.

The seed for that perception have been sown for many years, and there have been may high profile failings with regard to race relations including the handling of the Stephen Lawrence case, the Macpherson report and even reports this year of an officer leaving because of racist graffiti and a young PC involved with a far right group.

Are you seriously suggesting the stuff I've written above is not as big a concern as some young idiots chancing their arm trying to make out an officer is being brutal or racist when he's not?

The problem is it's going to take the MET years to shake it's reputation and even longer for people to say, when an allegation of racism is made against them, no that's bollocks because the METs not racist.

No you didn't say they were all racist but surely if you have people like you say trying it on then they are just discriminating against white police officers themselves by trying to make out they are racist and acting differently towards them?

Look at the way Tony is banging on about this and the guy with a knife, that he was only stopped because he was black (nothing to do with the call the police have had at all).

People need to face up that people can act like pricks regardless of their skin colour and that does include the police too. While people like Tony want to give people a free pass based on their skin colour then shit will keep happening and there will be division.

Same with the lads with a knife in Broadgate, literally every post I have seen has called that racist bloke out for what he was. Look at somebody carrying a knife and you have every excuse under the sun for dickheads walking about with a knife from the wider community. Why not just call them out on having a knife? (Thats not aimed at you btw as I know you did).

Beating around the bush solves absolutely nothing.

Nick

Administrator
Again with the exaggeration. I’ve seen the video several times now, if only to keep checking your false as it turns out accusations. You’re yet to describe either the actions or dialogue correctly. Very disingenuous to accuse others of playing word games when you’re rewriting the words in a video you yourself linked.

What is being re-written? At the start there are blokes literally stood over the police wrestling.

Keep going with your semantics though because you know if it was twisted the other way round just by changing skin colours on those involved you would feel differently. That's not equality, is it?

clint van damme

No you didn't say they were all racist but surely if you have people like you say trying it on then they are just discriminating against white police officers themselves by trying to make out they are racist and acting differently towards them?

Look at the way Tony is banging on about this and the guy with a knife, that he was only stopped because he was black (nothing to do with the call the police have had at all).

People need to face up that people can act like pricks regardless of their skin colour and that does include the police too. While people like Tony want to give people a free pass based on their skin colour then shit will keep happening and there will be division.

Same with the lads with a knife in Broadgate, literally every post I have seen has called that racist bloke out for what he was. Look at somebody carrying a knife and you have every excuse under the sun for dickheads walking about with a knife from the wider community. Why not just call them out on having a knife? (Thats not aimed at you btw as I know you did).

Beating around the bush solves absolutely nothing.

are you trying to dismiss the history of racist issues that surround the MET as a contributing factor? Come on Nick.

No one is asking people be given a free pass. But at the same time when a certain type of person (piss taker) see stories like this they're going to try and use it to their advantage:

i find the fact a police recruit was in National action far more worrying than anything the cretins in the video were doing.

skybluetony176

What is being re-written? At the start there are blokes literally stood over the police wrestling.

Keep going with your semantics though because you know if it was twisted the other way round just by changing skin colours on those involved you would feel differently. That's not equality, is it?
I’m not pointing it out again Nick. You also clearly don’t understand the meaning of the word semantics. Not sure you understand the meaning of the word equality either.

Nick

Administrator
are you trying to dismiss the history of racist issues that surround the MET as a contributing factor? Come on Nick.

No one is asking people be given a free pass. But at the same time when a certain type of person (piss taker) see stories like this they're going to try and use it to their advantage:

i find the fact a police recruit was in National action far more worrying than anything the cretins in the video were doing.

Of course, I have posted in the thread about that too? It isn't either or. There will be police who are vile, racist thugs and should be found out, it doesn't mean they all are. The point is that if somebody who is non white does start trying it on like that, they are treating the officers differently because of the colour of their skin. Actually discriminating.

It also doesn't mean the piss takers shouldn't be called out and others punished accordingly when it clearly isn't racist.

I'm not dismissing anything but again it is people finding things as excuses for people to act like cunts.

skybluetony176

Other things like the Stephen Laurence murder investigation. I’m still angry about that as a white person, fuck knows how that would make you feel as black person. Not sure I’d ever trust the police again if I was black after that single incident alone. It’s hardly surprising black people are filming the arrests of other black people. Historical racism in society, historical racism in the police and still plenty of evidence that it’s still an issue not least because of discrimination in the use of stop and search powers. Not sure why anyone with an ounce of common sense is either surprised or annoyed that black people are filming other black people being arrested. All things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread