Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Gathering for Tommy / Discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Sky should stop hijacking football matches if they don’t approve of the clientele.
It did say convicted didn't it, facial recognition is going to be a bugger at some point in the near future, but it's nothing to fear!
Can't even unlock my phone half the time,or other such uses!
 
Fundamentally the problems are not of skin colour, although at the moment anyone of any colour is fair game it appears.
The realm problem is one of religeon, one religion in particular.
Is that the Catholics from my youth, the Sikhs, or is there a new confected moral panic?
 
Fundamentally the problems are not of skin colour, although at the moment anyone of any colour is fair game it appears.
The realm problem is one of religeon, one religion in particular.

I was looking at the Chronicle which is a regional newspaper for the north east


All in the space of a couple of weeks, I'm sure the lads from Sunderland will be along any minute to call out the community leaders
 
Genuinely, how many mosques have been attacked other than Southport? I know hotels have which is targeted but I'm just trying to see how much is misinformation to get Muslims fired up.
They know what they'll get if they attack a mosque , perhaps.
 
Then why are we talking about Muslim extremism at exactly the same time as there are attacks on mosques going on?

Because the yougov poll says people are more worried about right wing extremism than Islamic extremism , which is fucking nuts when you consider one has killed a couple hundred in the last 15 or so years in the UK.

That's it
 
Because the yougov poll says people are more worried about right wing extremism than Islamic extremism , which is fucking nuts when you consider one has killed a couple hundred in the last 15 or so years in the UK.

That's it
nuts? people are reacting to what is happening now

the polling dates were the 5th and 6th of August, of cause they are currently more worried about right wing extremism
 
Yeah I agree but other than the southport one where the wall was smashed, has it happened anywhere else?

(Again I'm not saying it hasn't, genuinely don't know).
Neither do I. Clearly though the Muslim community think it's targeted at them. Have I got this all wrong then ?
 
Neither do I. Clearly though the Muslim community think it's targeted at them. Have I got this all wrong then ?

I'm not saying they are wrong at all or its made up but just asking how many mosques have been attacked? The police are telling them that the edl are coming.

I know obviously people have targeted hotels (which I'd say is just as bad as it's clear why).

I have no doubt that the Muslim community are being misled too. It really does sound as if "the edl are coming" has been drummed in when you watch / hear the videos.
 
And anybody who's been prepared to tar whole groups based on one characteristic ought to consider how they feel when the boot is on the other foot.
That last bit was said by Jessie in Toy Story 2 , apparently.
 
View attachment 37551

Bit off from Sky tarring all football fans with the same brush "many of them align themselves with the far-right".
Sorry missed that you'd already this, the same thing I quoted after. Wound me up more than it should have but really not on. I'm sure they'd prefer it if we did all fit the stereotype.
 
2000 anti-facists in Bristol.
 
I'm not saying they are wrong at all or its made up but just asking how many mosques have been attacked? The police are telling them that the edl are coming.

I know obviously people have targeted hotels (which I'd say is just as bad as it's clear why).

I have no doubt that the Muslim community are being misled too. It really does sound as if "the edl are coming" has been drummed in when you watch / hear the videos.
I don't know much about the religeon breakdown of those who are being housed in hotels etc. Not the foggiest. Perhaps that plays a part.
 
I don't know much about the religeon breakdown of those who are being housed in hotels etc. Not the foggiest. Perhaps that plays a part.
No. @duffer saying "mosques are being attacked" got me thinking.

I have no doubt there's a lot of racist language being shouted on the streets and the hotels being targeted. (Which is of course wrong).

You also had that guy making up that a Muslim woman had been attacked by acid.

Otis said there was a fake video of apparently Muslim men with machetes attacking somebody too but haven't seen it.

Again. I'm not denying things have happened im just asking where and how much is misinformation.
 
seems a few of the fash did actually turn up in brighton, massively outnumbered though

silly of them

1723055476542.webp
 
No. @duffer saying "mosques are being attacked" got me thinking.

I have no doubt there's a lot of racist language being shouted on the streets and the hotels being targeted. (Which is of course wrong).

You also had that guy making up that a Muslim woman had been attacked by acid.

Otis said there was a fake video of apparently Muslim men with machetes attacking somebody too but haven't seen it.

Again. I'm not denying things have happened im just asking where and how much is misinformation.
All I've seen is footage on mainstream is of a bloke at a pub who hid under a table being beaten up by Muslims . I've seen a large group of Muslims shouting " God is Great" standing at the end of a street and another group on the " hunt" for white extremists.
That's all I've seen but clearly there is a lot of fear amongst them . But clearly they're not main target of white extremists from what we're being told.
 
Have the thousands of hardened "EDL" turned up anywhere yet?

Sky news are literally search for anybody with a union jack now 🤣🤣
doesn't seem so, they are a no show in brum as well

hopefully it stays like this and everyone can go home peacefully and it all fizzles out now
 
All I've seen is footage on mainstream is of a bloke at a pub who hid under a table being beaten up by Muslims . I've seen a large group of Muslims shouting " God is Great" standing at the end of a street and another group on the " hunt" for white extremists.
That's all I've seen but clearly there is a lot of fear amongst them . But clearly they're not main target of white extremists from what we're being told.

No, hotels have been set on fire and fire mosque was damaged in Southport.

Loads of shops looted and police attacked.

This whole thing seems very strange. Today with the media and police.

With Muslim blokes being adamant that the "edl" are coming.
 
All I've seen is footage on mainstream is of a bloke at a pub who hid under a table being beaten up by Muslims . I've seen a large group of Muslims shouting " God is Great" standing at the end of a street and another group on the " hunt" for white extremists.
That's all I've seen but clearly there is a lot of fear amongst them . But clearly they're not main target of white extremists from what we're being told.
Don’t you mean Christians rather than white extremists?
 
No, hotels have been set on fire and fire mosque was damaged in Southport.

Loads of shops looted and police attacked.

This whole thing seems very strange. Today with the media and police.

With Muslim blokes being adamant that the "edl" are coming.
So clearly there's a fair bit of pot stirring going on. There isn't any real link between the discontent from the far right with the level of immigration and those houses in hotels, and the Muslim community already established here.
Unless of course, there are a significant number of Muslims houses in these hotels which I'm not sure I've been made aware of .
 
Just been in Bedworth, everybody going about their business as normal.

A few protests against dentists though.

Good stuff it’s witchcraft and I won’t have it in the town.
 
So clearly there's a fair bit of pot stirring going on. There isn't any real link between the discontent from the far right with the level of immigration and those houses in hotels, and the Muslim community already established here.
Unless of course, there are a significant number of Muslims houses in these hotels which I'm not sure I've been made aware of .
No they were hotels used for housing immigrants.

They were very much targeted.
 
No they were hotels used for housing immigrants.

They were very much targeted.
But are those being housed ( and attacked) of any particular faith or don't we know ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom