Gary Hoffman (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter Malcolm 'Sisu Out' Clarke
  • Start date

skybluetony176

Then he's one of many, a passionate CCFC fan. It's a bit insulting to CCFC fans to suggest that there aren't capable ones among them.

Why wouldn't he? Because he's been associated with just about every catastrophic board of the past X number of years, that's why. If he did put his hat in the ring, there's no reason to accept it. Are we so low that we repeat the mistakes of the past, that we allow the mistakes of the past to come back?

You've been taking lessons from Grendel here. Where is the fans' consortium then, that's taking us over? This is an irrelevance until it happens. To close off options by annointing a naked emperor is the most foolish thing we could do.

Associated in ever increasing degree throughout our catastrophic years. Accepted an offer to join the board in 2002, so there throughout the bungling incompetence that sees us lose our ground(s - plural!) and embraces the arrival of SISU. Then, even when removed from his position afterwards, backs a horse in Haskell that was never going to happen, when even ACL's preferred administrator said Haskell did not have the means to buy the club.

Judgement? Awful, truly awful. Association? Catastrophic, truly catastrophic.

I can't believe I even need to have this conversation!

I'm not going to dispute any of that but like I said "the sad reality is though Northern that JE might end up being the only person with any sort of a means and desire to save something of CCFC when the current owners have finished"

You may or may not like the bloke. You clearly don't think he's the right person and that's fair enough. But it doesn't change the point that in the end he might be the only one stepping up. Can't think of anyone else. Can you?

Grendel

I'm not going to dispute any of that but like I said "the sad reality is though Northern that JE might end up being the only person with any sort of a means and desire to save something of CCFC when the current owners have finished"

You may or may not like the bloke. You clearly don't think he's the right person and that's fair enough. But it doesn't change the point that in the end he might be the only one stepping up. Can't think of anyone else. Can you?

At present there is nothing required to step up to so that's very difficult to imply surely?

Elliot has the means? In terms of what. Certainly not financially.

Whatever his fan status he certainly wouldn't from my experience have the skill set to lead the club.

You seem to be hypothesing a fans consortium. In that scenario why would others not exist?

If he was the only one so what? If Brian Richardson was the only one would that be ok?

Elliot's judgement has been catastrophic. Given the overwhelming evidence of such why would we trust him to assess suitable investors and strategic direction.

For me the Haskell debacle was the biggest failing of all actually. A man with no means to purchase but an offer of chairman seemed to be all that mattered.

skybluetony176

Pointless saying until and unless it's an issue, isn't it!

Why on earth should crowds get behind a man for something that isn't happening, and why on earth should options be closed off by a lemming-like surge behind a candidate?!?

It would be worth the debate if nothing else. I genuinely can't think of anyone else who looks like they'd be remotely interested in putting themselves in the frame if the club needed saving. I would be genuinely interested to know if there was any other possibilities out there and who they are.

skybluetony176

At present there is nothing required to step up to so that's very difficult to imply surely?

Elliot has the means? In terms of what. Certainly not financially.

Whatever his fan status he certainly wouldn't from my experience have the skill set to lead the club.

You seem to be hypothesing a fans consortium. In that scenario why would others not exist?

If he was the only one so what? If Brian Richardson was the only one would that be ok?

Elliot's judgement has been catastrophic. Given the overwhelming evidence of such why would we trust him to assess suitable investors and strategic direction.

For me the Haskell debacle was the biggest failing of all actually. A man with no means to purchase but an offer of chairman seemed to be all that mattered.

It's funny. I posted a link to a story that quoted JE in his capacity as a member of the board that contradicted and dismissed some of your assumed facts and you dismissed him as a non entity in the boardroom who wasn't involved in any decision making or negotiations at the club so it must be nonsense.

All of a sudden he's the man who single handedly handed the club to SISU. That would be a bit difficult for a non entity in the boardroom who wasn't involved in any decision making or negotiations at the club wouldn't it?

There's your old friend duality again. He's your constant companion. Your shadow.

Grendel

It's funny. I posted a link to a story that quoted JE in his capacity as a member of the board that contradicted and dismissed some of your assumed facts and you dismissed him as a non entity in the boardroom who wasn't involved in any decision making or negotiations at the club so it must be nonsense.

All of a sudden he's the man who single handedly handed the club to SISU. That would be a bit difficult for a non entity in the boardroom who wasn't involved in any decision making or negotiations at the club wouldn't it?

There's your old friend duality again. He's your constant companion. Your shadow.

So you believe Elliot was instrumental in key decisions regarding the club?

Really? Which decisions were they? The only real strategic involvement was as a link between the outgoing board and sisu as an incoming partner - he was the public face.

To suggest he's the only person capable of leading a consortium is laughable really.

skybluetony176

So you believe Elliot was instrumental in key decisions regarding the club?

Really? Which decisions were they? The only real strategic involvement was as a link between the outgoing board and sisu as an incoming partner - he was the public face.

To suggest he's the only person capable of leading a consortium is laughable really.

I'm all ears. Who else? You?

skybluetony176

It's a scenario that doesn't exist. If it did there would be people interested.

Yes I'm aware its a hypothetical scenario. So hypothetically who else is there out there that could be interested? I can't think of one, you seem to think that they'd be at least two. Name them. I'm genuinely interested. I'm not looking to disagree with you on whether they would or wouldn't. I'm just interested in knowing who you think these people are.

covmark

Yes I'm aware its a hypothetical scenario. So hypothetically who else is there out there that could be interested?
Ffs, it's impossible to know who'd be interested, because the situation hasn't arisen. It's not difficult to understand.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Ffs, it's impossible to know who'd be interested, because the situation hasn't arisen. It's not difficult to understand.

For Tony it seems to be. It's like saying you can't say sack a manager unless you name a replacement.

I'm not even sure what the situation suggested is.

Deity

Hoffman had all the finance lined up but SISU refused to even meet with him due mainly to a personality clash.

skybluetony176

I understand perfectly thanks. I'm not looking for a cast iron guarantee that they will step up I'm asking who else is out there who's a realistic possibility. I'm not even guaranteeing that JE would step up, I've only said that I wouldn't be surprised if he did and that he's possibly the only one who would. Others disagree. Fair enough, I don't have a problem with that. It's not too much of a difficult question to ask who else they think would be out there is it, if you believe that they're are others out there.

Ian1779

Hoffman had all the finance lined up but SISU refused to even meet with him due mainly to a personality clash.

I assume by that you mean someone had actually seen the pound he offered. Was it just the one coin, or a series of smaller denominations?

skybluetony176

For Tony it seems to be. It's like saying you can't say sack a manager unless you name a replacement.

I'm not even sure what the situation suggested is.

For someone who believes that they'll be others out there you're struggling for names. Seems what you're actually saying is that you hope there's others out there (which I'm sure we all do) but trying to pass it of as an assumed fact that there is others out there.

skybluetony176

I assume by that you mean someone had actually seen the pound he offered. Was it just the one coin, or a series of smaller denominations?

It was a pound. Hence I didn't bring him up when suggesting that JE might be the only one out there who could front a consortium to save the club when SISU have finished.

Grendel

I understand perfectly thanks. I'm not looking for a cast iron guarantee that they will step up I'm asking who else is out there who's a realistic possibility. I'm not even guaranteeing that JE would step up, I've only said that I wouldn't be surprised if he did and that he's possibly the only one who would. Others disagree. Fair enough, I don't have a problem with that. It's not too much of a difficult question to ask who else they think would be out there is it, if you believe that they're are others out there.

What normally happens is business people in or associated with the city in question become involved.

skybluetony176

What normally happens is business people in or associated with the city in question become involved.

Like who? You're the big shot, connected man about town so you'd have us believe. Shouldn't be too difficult of a task for you to come up with a couple of names.

Captain Dart

pound-coin.png

Got it myself :p

Grendel

Like who? You're the big shot, connected man about town so you'd have us believe. Shouldn't be too difficult of a task for you to come up with a couple of names.

I try and have a sensible discussion and as usual you behave like a 3 year old

skybluetony176

You've just given one name yourself then.

In fact I'd rather take a Grendel, BHSB, Tony triumvirate than Elliott.

I'm ruling myself out right now. So if I was the person you were thinking of we're back to JE :)

Can I also take this opportunity to rule out Joe Dhinsa and an indian consortium regardless of how appealing going to the countries biggest Indian restaurant straight after the game might be.

chiefdave

he has no place at this club in any kind of capacity that involves running the thing!
If he was involved the best bet would be some sort of ambassadorial role. He's well liked with in the city so just get him out doing the handshaking with the local businessmen to drum up sponsorship.

christonabike

Right for my penneth worth, we were worth fook all and Sisu wanted £40M with a rental agreement in place whilst we were tenants at the Ricoh paying £1.2M per season. We now have 18 months to go and it looks like we will have no option to renew. What can Sisu do? No real assets (we have seen the true debt that they have put in and with sales of players its very little).
They have no room to maneuver so its either a fire sale for the next 18 months or a move to a town like Northampton again or we fold. Wasps in honesty cant live at the Ricoh on their own playing 10 games a season and need another income. We are ripe for the picking or someone does a deal with Wasps then offers Sisu a minimal amount on the proviso we get to the Premiership and give them say £10M.
Cant see any other way out and for all the goodwill JE has he isnt the man to do it unless he has a big demand in air horns or windsreen wipers. This argument has gone on every day for years and the bickering is just boring.
With us being 2nd bottom and winter around the corner I can only see 6k crowds as the norm sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread