Gary Hoffman (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Malcolm 'Sisu Out' Clarke
  • Start date

Nick

Administrator
That was me. I work I Chelmsley Wood with a cousin of Ben Turner. She is sometimes a little behind the times as it was me who told her last season that he was coming back on loan. However, I kept asking her over the summer was there any sign of him coming back here and she didn't know. Eventually he signed for Burton. A couple of weeks later she told me that he had had no approach from either Blues (who he would love to have played for) or us.
However, the main point of this thread is not Turner, it is the state of our club. I think both Hoffman and Elliot get a lot of undeserved stick on here. Yes they trusted and worked with Sisu. I think most people saw them (Sisu) as saviours. I used to see both of them regularly at away games. I haven't seen Hoffman for a while. If you go to away games, pay on the gate and sit with the ordinary fans, I think that says something about your feelings for the club. Anyway, the main point of this thread is what can we do to try and get us out of the massive hole we are in, not really about individuals.
The main point of this thread is to make stuff up it seems.

Grendel

Baker was DESPERATE to come back.

Loves the Club, his family love living in Kenilworth ....

Just couldn't get a mortgage on what we would offer him

We couldnt even compete with Pompeys riches if we tried

Baker never moved house when he went to MK Dons you clown.

Sick Boy

Where has he gone?

Does he still attend ANY games?

Like ALL of us (bar for the clowns who run the club or do their best not to) SO worried about the current situation and future of our Club

Losing games 6-1 and 7-2 against SMALLER clubs than us and it just seems to be accepted

What would Top teams do to our 1st team and youth set ups !!

We have got to get our situation more in the public eye cos I feel we are forgotten and very soon we are just gonna disolve

Allot of fans can't be bothered to
get behind the protests but we MUST do something

Sacking Mowbray is certainly not the answer

He doesn't want to be losing the players he has lost, just so surprised he hasn't walked before now

Hearing they offered Ben Turner £800 a week shows where the club is

He wanted to come BUT what a fookin insult !!

£800 a week to a player like that

To which 'smaller' clubs have we been hammered by this season?

M

Malcolm 'Sisu Out' Clarke

I'm with you mate, what can we do?

I'd cut one of my ears off now if we could get a fresh start

I'd certainly go down lower to start again if they cleared off, like the chap said on the phone in last night

D

Deleted member 2477

I would like a 2 mil mansion but i cant get a mortgage for it on my 40,000 wages per yeAr so im going to have a word with my employer and demand a large increase

Nick

Administrator
I'm with you mate, what can we do?

I'd cut one of my ears off now if we could get a fresh start

I'd certainly go down lower to start again if they cleared off, like the chap said on the phone in last night
Where will the goal posts be moved to now? Who's the next ex player you will make something up about.

stupot07

Sorry but I don't buy £800k one iota, thr league one average wage is around £1.5k PW, you say our max is £2k and then tell us that we would offer a player who looked and is well above league one standard who would be first name on the team sheet and in all probability would have come in as captain less than half our max wage and half the league one average. Sorry but that is bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Samo

Why is this thread still open?

stupot07

Can't believe I forgot about the nova :( That would be a banning offence for anybody else!
There's a k reg nova for sale opposite tbr outlaws for £1.5k, not sure what thr mileage is but thats ambitious to say the least....

Ranjit Bhurpa

£800 a week is true

They couldn't get any deals over the line cos of their poxy wage structure

£2k a week is their max

Wilbraham was meant to be coming on his wheelchair but when it got down to salary he chose the Aldi Checkout role

We are still deemed a pull and a big club to players out their ........ Until we talk wages

Pay peanuts get monkeys
Surely if you were a genuine fan, you would use 'we' instead of 'they' and 'our' instead of 'their'?
Basic error methinks.

christonabike

There's a k reg nova for sale opposite tbr outlaws for £1.5k, not sure what thr mileage is but thats ambitious to say the least....

I had a J plate Nova SR in red stored in my rented garage about 10 years ago. Sold it for £800 with no mot etc. Wish I had it now!

Skyblueweeman

We are a small club, with a small fan base (reducing every season), achieved nothing, constant relegation battles followed by actual relegations, little to no income streams, we don't own our own stadium or have a long term rental deal, academy is in the air, we have owners who don't give a shit.

Accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Another new poster coming on to moan.

I refer back to a recent post I made. You NEVER get a new poster coming on and saying 'Hi lads, first time poster...pretty shit off the field, innit, but I'm heading down the Ricoh this Saturday to cheer on the team. Nice to meet you all...PUSB!'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

The main point of this thread is to make stuff up it seems.

He may be way off on his info about Ben Turner, but the idea that we are a club in a massive amount of trouble, which is his main point is ignored, it seems to me to make fun of him. I could go over all of Sisu's wrongs again but I won't. I read more than I post on here and it really does seem apparent that as soon as there is any perceived criticism of the owners 4 or 5 posters on here fly to their defence and will often distract from the main points of the thread. It also seems that if you criticise Sisu, you can't do it unless you criticise all of the other culprits in our mess. I agree, lots of bodies are at fault but there are lots of things that Sisu do that is. entirely down to them. The main thing at the moment (as it has been throughout their ownership) is their lack of communication with the fans, as well as, to put it charitably, their using of mis-information to give false hope (example Tim Fisher's back up site outside of Coventry in case the BPA plan failed. If it exists. tell us about the progress or difficulties you are having with the deal. The fact is everyone knows there is no site.). Why don't they tell us what thei options are for the academy in a years time and for the stadium in two? If the team had made a good start, I know the pressure would be off of them to an extent. However, being second bottom of the third division simply highlights further the disaster they have been for our club.

stupot07

We all know sisu are cunts, we all know we are in a sorry state, we all know things are looking shit. Pretty much every thread on here talks about how crap things are regardless of who is blaming who.

No need to post absolute rubbish/lies, there's another crap going on.

stevefloyd

He could afford it in 2 weeks...and I don't believe for 1 second that we would insult a player like Turner and offer £800 a week...

Grendel

Literally argue about anything wouldn't you. I didn't mention Mowbray or anyone else.

How is it arguing. Don't think it is that far. Not sure what the point of your comment was.

ccfcway

How is it arguing. Don't think it is that far. Not sure what the point of your comment was.

My point was its a fair commute on a daily basis from cov to Portsmouth and you said "no" and compared it to a further one.

Chipfat

I don't know any info about an offer to Turner, but I do know the max is 2k a week. And not many are on that sort of money within the squad.

I also know TM is on less than the max, what he can offer players in deals will make it hard for him to compete. Which is not really up for debate as he has already indicated this when missing out on targets since the end of last season.

Last edited:

Grendel

My point was its a fair commute on a daily basis from cov to Portsmouth and you said "no" and compared it to a further one.

There are things called hotels you can stop in if you like.

ccfcway

There are things called hotels you can stop in if you like.
Ok, I'll try and have a conversation with you and see how long it takes....

Most people who have that sort of commute (me included) tend to get all or most weekends off to return home, and occasionally stay at home during the week as well. The life of a footballer is naturally pretty busy on a sat as well, so he can't see too much of his family if he stays away or commutes every week day and then away every sat.

Nick

Administrator
No idea if he still lives there or travels. If he came to cov he wouldn't have moved as he still lived here and not Kenilworth.

chiefdave

Most people who have that sort of commute (me included) tend to get all or most weekends off to return home, and occasionally stay at home during the week as well. The life of a footballer is naturally pretty busy on a sat as well, so he can't see too much of his family if he stays away or commutes every week day and then away every sat.
Quick look at his social media shows he's still living in Cov. Pompey is 2.5 hours on a good day. Given footballers don't work a 9-5 its not impossible that he's commuting or he could be renting a place down there to stay when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread