Gary Hoffman (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Malcolm 'Sisu Out' Clarke
  • Start date

Otis

So going back to the OP - are we saying Hoffman is living with Baker?
Yeah, I am guessing Nadiya.

Or it could be the bird who tarts up her face with loads of make-up. She was star baker last week I think.

skyblue1991

Sorry Nick got to pull you up on that one! The Corsa wasnt introduced to the UK until 1993. So cant be a G reg.:D
I still remember you saying on GMK that when we moved back to the Ricoh after Sixfields you would give me and Alan a lift to the first game.

Still waiting! And where's alan?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bennets Afro

That was me. I work I Chelmsley Wood with a cousin of Ben Turner. She is sometimes a little behind the times as it was me who told her last season that he was coming back on loan. However, I kept asking her over the summer was there any sign of him coming back here and she didn't know. Eventually he signed for Burton. A couple of weeks later she told me that he had had no approach from either Blues (who he would love to have played for) or us.
However, the main point of this thread is not Turner, it is the state of our club. I think both Hoffman and Elliot get a lot of undeserved stick on here. Yes they trusted and worked with Sisu. I think most people saw them (Sisu) as saviours. I used to see both of them regularly at away games. I haven't seen Hoffman for a while. If you go to away games, pay on the gate and sit with the ordinary fans, I think that says something about your feelings for the club. Anyway, the main point of this thread is what can we do to try and get us out of the massive hole we are in, not really about individuals.

Hoffman and elliot shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the club! they are both big players in why we are in this mess

Otis

No, what I think he is saying is that Hoffman would have never have taken us to Northampton and out of the city.

clint van damme

No, what I think he is saying is that Hoffman would have never have taken us to Northampton and out of the city.
but he was responding to a comment that said they shouldn't be allowed near the club as they are partly responsible for the mess, just because they weren't involved in Northampton doesn't mean they haven't contributed to the current position.
Personally, I don't know whether they have or not, I know Elliot has been around all the people I do hold responsible (including sisu) but I also know he genuinely loves the club.

If you're playing shit owner top trumps then you want the sisu card but there's a few other decent cards in the deck as well.

Otis

but he was responding to a comment that said they shouldn't be allowed near the club as they are partly responsible for the mess, just because they weren't involved in Northampton doesn't mean they haven't contributed to the current position.
Personally, I don't know whether they have or not, I know Elliot has been around all the people I do hold responsible (including sisu) but I also know he genuinely loves the club.

If you're playing shit owner top trumps then you want the sisu card but there's a few other decent cards in the deck as well.
I think Elliot has just been misguided into thinking he has been doing the right thing for the club.

M

Malcolm 'Sisu Out' Clarke

I think Elliot has just been misguided into thinking he has been doing the right thing for the club.
Moaning about Hoffman and Joe Elliott ??

They are GOOD people who have the bloody club at heart

SISU OUT

chiefdave

I'd agree with that. I don't think Elliot has ever done anything he didn't believe himself was in the clubs best interests. Just think with some of the people we've been stuck with he's been out of his depth and they've taken advantage of him.

Grendel

I've spoken to Joe elliott a couple of times at away games and he's always seemed a genuine City supporter and decent guy so is there something else he's been up to?

He's talking I assume about the rather misguided attempt to effect regime change with a particularly unsuitable suitor, who I believe offered the opportunity for Elliot to be chairman.

There is also the "ticking clock" and "sell your shares" episode when again he rocked up on the board having backed sisu.

He may be a fan (well he definitely is) but his judgement is poor.

NorthernWisdom

I know Elliot has been around all the people I do hold responsible (including sisu)

The best you can say for Eliot is his judgement is truly, truly awful.

If loving the club's the only criteria we've got loads of fans who haven't endorsed all the players in this mess, and been associated with him.

Really and truly (and I know this started as a joke thread) can't understand why on earth *anybody* would want any of the jokers who've contributed to this club being an utter disaster... becoming involved again!

NorthernWisdom

And he's done the wrong thing time and time again.

If the facts ever come out perhaps there will be a different opinion on both Elliott and Hoffman.

And Elliot's ringing endorsements of just about everybody involved at some point is all I need to know, that he has no place at this club in any kind of capacity that involves running the thing!

Hoffman at least can get the benefit of the doubt that he did quit... although given his chosen career, you'd think he'd have known what SISU were about before getting involved.

NorthernWisdom

Joe Elliott talking about Dulieu and Brody said:
I have met them both, very nice guys and very high calibre. I was massively impressed with them

Joe Elliott said:
SISU have done a tremendous job in funding the club. They are very supportive in any way they can

Joe Elliott being all for fan ownership said:
Out-going chairman Joe Elliott has sent a letter to the last remaining shareholders asking them to give up their shares as a matter of urgency to ensure the club's takeover by Ray Ranson and SISU Capital can go through

"I have written to all shareholders to remind them how important this is on deciding the future of the football club," said Elliott.

"At this moment we are either on the launch pad for success or we can hover on the brink of disaster.

Joe Elliott said:
I am delighted Mike McGinnity is to take over. He is a grand chap

skybluetony176

If you do get the SISU card always use number of court appearances. Beats everyone else hands down.

skybluesam66

hoffman was in bed with ranson. "we will never go back to those days" " We will leave the club in a much better state that we found it"

sorry they were the ones who brought sisu to the table

skybluedan

I once had hope for the hoff and Haskell the 3rd to save us but now realise they were just twats trying to put them selves in the limelight along richard teen wolf keys and the slightly demented joe the tan Elliot
Fuck them all we are on our own

skybluetony176

The best you can say for Eliot is his judgement is truly, truly awful.

If loving the club's the only criteria we've got loads of fans who haven't endorsed all the players in this mess, and been associated with him.

Really and truly (and I know this started as a joke thread) can't understand why on earth *anybody* would want any of the jokers who've contributed to this club being an utter disaster... becoming involved again!

The sad reality is though Northern that JE might end up being the only person with any sort of a means and desire to save something of CCFC when the current owners have finished. Possibly heading up a fans consortium. Let's face it, it's very unlikely that we're going to end up in a position where Chinese, Russian or Arab billionaires are going to be lining up to buy what's left.

NorthernWisdom

The sad reality is though Northern that JE might end up being the only person with any sort of a means and desire to save something of CCFC when the current owners have finished. Possibly heading up a fans consortium. Let's face it, it's very unlikely that we're going to end up in a position where Chinese, Russian or Arab billionaires are going to be lining up to buy what's left.
Why would he be the ony person? He's not on the level of mega-rich.

Why would/should he head up a fans' consortium? Do we not have other fans with expertise and/or enthusiasm who are untainted by association with the club over recent years?

The man has been an utter disaster in any spell at the club. His involvement would show that we deserve everything we get.

NorthernWisdom

Tell you what, in a few years we can all get behind a Fisher consortium. The general day-to-day running of the club hasn't been particularly stupid since he came in, and the bonkers Northampton decision was made above his head.

Let's let bygones be bygones in a few years, and embrace his return. After all, he's got the contacts to get us investment and front up a consortium, and he's not SISU, he's only associated with them.

skybluetony176

Why would he be the ony person? He's not on the level of mega-rich.

Why would/should he head up a fans' consortium? Do we not have other fans with expertise and/or enthusiasm who are untainted by association with the club over recent years?

The man has been an utter disaster in any spell at the club. His involvement would show that we deserve everything we get.

Not suggesting he is mega rich.

Why wouldn't he head up a fans consortium? He clearly loves the club and I'd be surprised if he didn't put his hat in the ring.

Who are the other fans with experience and enthusiasm? No one is stepping forward from what I've seen.

He may well be tainted from previous spells at the club but was he really the catalysts for the disaster or was the club already a disaster? I suspect it's the latter.

NorthernWisdom

Not suggesting he is mega rich.

Then he's one of many, a passionate CCFC fan. It's a bit insulting to CCFC fans to suggest that there aren't capable ones among them.

Why wouldn't he head up a fans consortium? He clearly loves the club and I'd be surprised if he didn't put his hat in the ring.

Why wouldn't he? Because he's been associated with just about every catastrophic board of the past X number of years, that's why. If he did put his hat in the ring, there's no reason to accept it. Are we so low that we repeat the mistakes of the past, that we allow the mistakes of the past to come back?

Who are the other fans with experience and enthusiasm? No one is stepping forward from what I've seen.

You've been taking lessons from Grendel here. Where is the fans' consortium then, that's taking us over? This is an irrelevance until it happens. To close off options by annointing a naked emperor is the most foolish thing we could do.

He may well be tainted from previous spells at the club but was he really the catalysts for the disaster or was the club already a disaster? I suspect it's the latter.

Associated in ever increasing degree throughout our catastrophic years. Accepted an offer to join the board in 2002, so there throughout the bungling incompetence that sees us lose our ground(s - plural!) and embraces the arrival of SISU. Then, even when removed from his position afterwards, backs a horse in Haskell that was never going to happen, when even ACL's preferred administrator said Haskell did not have the means to buy the club.

Judgement? Awful, truly awful. Association? Catastrophic, truly catastrophic.

I can't believe I even need to have this conversation!

Users who are viewing this thread