Game of thrones (Again) (3 Viewers)

Mr Panda

I think it's probably more an episode I'll appreciate if watched one after the other in the future.

Thinking about it I'm definitely influenced by my anticipation throughout the week waiting for the next episode, and feel a bit robbed when it's uneventful as this one was.

People compare it to the build up to Helms Deep and I can see what they're trying to do, I just can't wait til it's actually back to gaming for the throne.

fellatio_Martinez

Well I enjoyed it. Probably because my main man's character redemption is almost complete. Ser Jaime fooking Lannister !

Jaimie intrigues me more than any character left. I think he's still very much in love with Cersei but he obviously knows she is an absolute demon and as Tyrion said, he's always known. Jaimie will ultimately side with her I think, much to his detriment.

I can see this ending with the Lannisters and a few other characters, perhaps Bronn and Varys against the undead.

I think Khaleesi will destroy the Starks and herself somehow.

Liquid Gold

I really enjoyed it. Was all about tying up the characters stories before they take a load of them away from us.

I hate this notion that GoT is all about action, I've watched it through several times and the action is made more consequential because it doesn't just kick off every episode. Most of the time it is about subtle human interactions and the intricacies of power, that was all on display here. Next week is where we get all of the kicking off and after these two episodes I think it will be all the better.

Unless they give us an hour in Kings Landing of course...

I like this summery:
"After two episodes of table-setting, next week’s looming battle of Winterfell will be a game-changer. Dragons, both living and undead, will take centre stage. Beloved characters will die. Hierarchies will be upended. After that, it must surely be a thundering charge toward whatever ending showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss have cooked up for their trailblazing saga. Once that dust has settled, we might look back on this episode as the last night of the old Game of Thrones and, like Tyrion urging his companions to stay for one last drink, wish we could have made it last a little longer."

Last edited:

larry_david

Yep. If you want senseless violence and action, watch walking dead. Hasn't been any character development there since negan first appeared. GoT was great in this ep. We saw the development of pod, arya and gendry, jaime, brienne, fuck it all of them. It means next weeks episode is going to be heart breaking when some favs inevitably go.

Dany btw looks to me like she's fully turning into her father. No way she's going to accept Jon's right and I think the next development once the dead are... Dead will be her/Jon and then cersei.

fellatio_Martinez

Dany btw looks to me like she's fully turning into her father. No way she's going to accept Jon's right and I think the next development once the dead are... Dead will be her/Jon and then cersei.

Yeah. I've always thought she was a bit mental but she got away with it because she had dragons and can't be killed by fire etc

Then last season she turned Sam's father and brother into crisps because they didn't bend the knee. That's something King Joffrey would have done but surely not a "just" queen.

The moment she snapped her hand away from Sansa last night was the true indicator that she's lost any semblance of being grounded. She will inevitably lose trust in everyone soon and cause havoc.

Snikpoh87

I’m not so sure the crypt is the safest place for the women and children? Especially when a zombie raising knight king is on the way over...

Otis

I really enjoyed it. Was all about tying up the characters stories before they take a load of them away from us.

I hate this notion that GoT is all about action, I've watched it through several times and the action is made more consequential because it doesn't just kick off every episode. Most of the time it is about subtle human interactions and the intricacies of power, that was all on display here. Next week is where we get all of the kicking off and after these two episodes I think it will be all the better.

Unless they give us an hour in Kings Landing of course...

I like this summery:
"After two episodes of table-setting, next week’s looming battle of Winterfell will be a game-changer. Dragons, both living and undead, will take centre stage. Beloved characters will die. Hierarchies will be upended. After that, it must surely be a thundering charge toward whatever ending showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss have cooked up for their trailblazing saga. Once that dust has settled, we might look back on this episode as the last night of the old Game of Thrones and, like Tyrion urging his companions to stay for one last drink, wish we could have made it last a little longer."
Yeah, I really enjoyed it too. Both episodes so far have been excellent to my mind.

A lot of humour in this week's episode too.

Forever_Blue

Yep. If you want senseless violence and action, watch walking dead. Hasn't been any character development there since negan first appeared. GoT was great in this ep. We saw the development of pod, arya and gendry, jaime, brienne, fuck it all of them. It means next weeks episode is going to be heart breaking when some favs inevitably go.

I’m certain the dragon queen will be chopped over the next couple of episodes, the last big battle will surely be the North vs the Lannister’s, with Tyrion and Jaimie as special guest referees!!

Evo1883

I have a feeling the remaining 4 episodes will be rather eventful , next week I think we will lose some big characters

fellatio_Martinez

I’m not so sure the crypt is the safest place for the women and children? Especially when a zombie raising knight king is on the way over...

I was thinking that but I don't think much will come of it.

Why doesn't the night king just send in his dragon to blast winterfell into ice?

Nick

Administrator
Was thinking that about the Dragon, surely just save the hassle and send it over to do a job and be home for tea.

fellatio_Martinez

It really would be as simple as that. We know the night king can take down dragons with his ice javelin so the other dragons wouldn't pose a massive risk to him.

larry_david

I also can't believe during their battle planning they never once mentioned he's got a fucking dragon now. Bran mentioned it first episode and dany was kind of like, oh?

Ian1779

1. Does blue dragon fire burn, freeze or just fuck stuff up?
2. If the Night King can raise the dead - will he bring the dead Starks back to life in the crypt?

larry_david

Would be pretty cool to see a few dead ex characters. Love their plan to lure the King into the open using bran...theon there like, yep I got this.

And then the blue dragon turns up

Forever_Blue

1. Does blue dragon fire burn, freeze or just fuck stuff up?
2. If the Night King can raise the dead - will he bring the dead Starks back to life in the crypt?
Blue flame like a Bunsen burner

Ned Stark to make a comeback like Connor Chaplin

SkyBlueScottie

So, here's an interesting theory placed in Spoiler tags
I've read a theory that as we have not seen the Night King yet, he isn't going to show at Winterfell, the theory suggests he has gone straight to Kings Landing, and will attack there, while the army ( or the majority of it, keeps Winterfell occupied

olderskyblue

Do theories need to be in spoiler tags?

Heard that one. a good way to recruit a million new peeps for his army.

Ian1779

So, here's an interesting theory placed in Spoiler tags
I've read a theory that as we have not seen the Night King yet, he isn't going to show at Winterfell, the theory suggests he has gone straight to Kings Landing, and will attack there, while the army ( or the majority of it, keeps Winterfell occupied

I like that as a theory. It could account for the vision Daenerys has in the House of the Undying about the throne room being destroyed (presumably through dragon fire) and it snowing in Kings Landing.

olderskyblue

I like that as a theory. It could account for the vision Daenerys has in the House of the Undying about the throne room being destroyed (presumably through dragon fire) and it snowing in Kings Landing.

What this one? ;)
upload_2019-4-24_10-20-13.png

skybluebeast

I believe that theory to be true. Why take your most powerful weapon into that with the chance of losing it straight away. Better the odds and then use it.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm hating this - I get to buy it on DVD after the series has ended. I'm going to have to hide away. Watched series 1-7 before this started. Just about to google when series 8 is available to buy. Not coming back on this thread until then!

Users who are viewing this thread