Game of thrones (Again) (5 Viewers)

covcity4life

Rotten tomatoes the go to site for negative nancys

Sheep following %'s

Evo1883

Rotten tomatoes the go to site for negative nancys

Sheep following %'s

Lol

It’s not just rotten tomatoes FYI , the season isn’t as good as the previous 7 so far , gradually got a bit more Hollywood since season 6 .

Still love the series , but it’s had a lot more negative press than all the others so far , and I’m inclined to think they are spot on

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Tried to get into it but it just doesn't turn me on very much. Watched the first 10 episodes then packed it in.

I'm much more of a Prison Break fan. Could watch that series on repeat I think.

Evo1883

Tried to get into it but it just doesn't turn me on very much. Watched the first 10 episodes then packed it in.

I’d say you Can gauge if you like it or not after season 1 , although it’s not the best season of the lot I still think you would have seen enough to know if it’s your thing or not

Ian1779

So what you're saying is that a TV show should exempt from criticism because it's not real life?

So films, music, art are all just there to be enjoyed and not judged negatively.

That's not how it works dummy and if it did the world would be a dull place.

When people watch a show like this they are going to get into the detail of the story, comparison with book content is inevitable despite being way past them.

HBO have really pushed the importance of this season, spent 2 years getting it together, made such an emphasis on going back and re-watching from the start etc. Fans are going to know the show content inside and out. So when you can clearly see inconsistencies in plot points, a lack of thought for strategy of battles or even paying off ‘fan service’ at the detriment of quality storyline, it is a little irritating.

Despite taking so long to make, some parts have felt rushed, and that annoys me. I guess I want the writers to take the same thought and care in the script and direction of travel. I accept it may not end how I see it (or want it) but if you can see the thought process clearly in action you can live with it.

Tommo1993

Prison Break is good. Until Season 3, where it just dies a slow and boring death.

Ian1779

Let me give you an example, the guy who played the Night King was the swordsman in the Tower of Joy fight scene(Season 6)... absolutely epic fighter. You could have had him fight Jon - an amazing fight and then Arya pulled the same move at the end with the same outcome. That could have been a WOW moment, and it didn’t happen. Felt like an opportunity missed.

There where far more WOW moments in the earlier seasons...

Covstu

So what you're saying is that a TV show should exempt from criticism because it's not real life?

So films, music, art are all just there to be enjoyed and not judged negatively.

That's not how it works dummy and if it did the world would be a dull place.
Not saying that at all but you wouldn’t analyse a music album on each lyric or a painting on each brush stroke. S8 has been enjoyable but people seem to want to hate it regardless, just seems a little too obsessed

fellatio_Martinez

Not saying that at all but you wouldn’t analyse a music album on each lyric or a painting on each brush stroke. S8 has been enjoyable but people seem to want to hate it regardless, just seems a little too obsessed

I haven't seen anyone over analyse the show. Some have brought up obvious plot holes or things they don't like but that's totally normal.

If you don't agree with a point either argue it or ignore it instead of just telling those bringing them up that they shouldn't voice their opinions.

Seems a little over zealous and like you're taking it personally.

Covstu

I haven't seen anyone over analyse the show. Some have brought up obvious plot holes or things they don't like but that's totally normal.

If you don't agree with a point either argue it or ignore it instead of just telling those bringing them up that they shouldn't voice their opinions.

Seems a little over zealous and like you're taking it personally.
I’m enjoying the show fella, it seems like they rejected your scripts when you sent them in however! It’s like the other people who have a meltdown when they see a coffee cup on the table, yes it’s a bit sloppy but I couldn’t give a shit personally.

RegTheDonk

I’m enjoying the show fella, it seems like they rejected your scripts when you sent them in however! It’s like the other people who have a meltdown when they see a coffee cup on the table, yes it’s a bit sloppy but I couldn’t give a shit personally.
See this so often with a lot of Trekkies. Charterisation "rape" should not happen: you get to understand how someone should act, and if they chance direction there must be a believeable reason. But don't really care if the phaser effect should have been yellow, not blue. It's entertainment, it's supposed to make you forget about your real life problems.

Nick

Administrator
See this so often with a lot of Trekkies. Charterisation "rape" should not happen: you get to understand how someone should act, and if they chance direction there must be a believeable reason. But don't really care if the phaser effect should have been yellow, not blue. It's entertainment, it's supposed to make you forget about your real life problems.

Them leaving a Starbucks cup in sight didn't make me forget about real life problems. It just reminded me of the global conspiracies with the multi billion corporations and their tax fiddling ways. To be honest it deeply upset me when I had to think about how the world will be for my daughter and her children having to deal with the likes of Starbucks and Amazon.

RegTheDonk

Hmmm...missed the cup myself but I hear a lot of people commenting on it. Immersion is everything in entertainment, surprised this wasn't picked up - you would think if they can make dragons fly and raise the dead, they could take out a coffee cup in post. Maybe this is a bit of product placement, perhaps not a gaff after all. They'll have Ed Sheeran singing the jingle next.

Nick

Administrator
Hmmm...missed the cup myself but I hear a lot of people commenting on it. Immersion is everything in entertainment, surprised this wasn't picked up - you would think if they can make dragons fly and raise the dead, they could take out a coffee cup in post. Maybe this is a bit of product placement, perhaps not a gaff after all. They'll have Ed Sheeran singing the jingle next.

Yeah it did get people talking about Starbucks ;)

People are having an issue with others pointing out things that don't make sense. It's not really that much different to something random that didn't exist where and when it was meant to be set appearing and taking part.

covcity4life

ok so no one can post any flaws or inconsistencies

as i expected prob just nit picking like why didnt she see the greyjoy fleet whilst she riding or why didnt euron ask how tyrion knows about baby etc(hint:varys known to have little birds everywhere so wouldnt be a huge shock secrets get out)

if that stuff rly stops you enjoying show then i feel sorry for you. because thats a flaw of you as human beings :)

fellatio_Martinez

ok so no one can post any flaws or inconsistencies

as i expected prob just nit picking like why didnt she see the greyjoy fleet whilst she riding or why didnt euron ask how tyrion knows about baby etc(hint:varys known to have little birds everywhere so wouldnt be a huge shock secrets get out)

if that stuff rly stops you enjoying show then i feel sorry for you. because thats a flaw of you as human beings :)

You're either trolling or just being an idiot.

Either way it's become boring and I for one won't bite.

dutchman

It's the second time as well..
everyone-freaking-out-about-the-starbucks-cup-in-the-game-55621336.png

shmmeee

Same as with End Game, there was no satisfying way to wrap up such a complex and lengthy story without cutting corners somewhere

There’s a reason GRRM hasn’t finished the books despite the deadline being years ago.

The writing has taken a nose dive since they went past the books, but it’s still a great watch. Battle of Winterfell was possibly the best TV I’ve ever seen. Gripping for a solid 80 mins. People moaning about darkness need a new TV.

covcity4life

if nothing ever mentioned of grrm finishing the books no one would say anything about the writing, they just got it in their heads that its inferior now as not following books so closely.

its picked up pace and nothing more since overtook the books. still amazing storylines and characters

Users who are viewing this thread