Fuel prices (1 Viewer)

Grendel

How much does it cost to charge a Tesla?

I really wouldn't mind one, if they weren't stupidly fucking expensive.

I wouldn’t bother

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I remember Clarkson a few years ago saying he thought it better for the planet to ensure his old petrol car was regularly serviced than the cost to the planet in getting it scrapped and the cost to the planet in the production of a new electric car to replace it. Whatever bollocks he occasionally speaks this made sense to me.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Isn't there one of the big Japanese car manufacturers who have not made an electric car because they're already looking at an alternative, presumably hydrogen.

Nick

Administrator
Saw that this morning, need to renew my membership on Payday and will just fill up at Costco with how much cheaper it is.

LastGarrison

Saw that this morning, need to renew my membership on Payday and will just fill up at Costco with how much cheaper it is.
Any idea how it works with Costco?

For instance as long as it is me driving and I have my card can I fill up any car or is it limited to one etc.?

Nick

Administrator

For instance as long as it is me driving and I have my card can I fill up any car or is it limited to one etc.?

You just scan the card before you pay. It's all automated so as long as it's a valid card it will work.

So it doesn't even need to be you.

Greggs

Does the minimum £15 subscription to Costco allow you get fuel?

CCFCSteve

Petrol is 16/17 pence a litre cheaper than tesco cannon Park 🤔

Not sure if I mentioned on this thread or elsewhere but I heard someone saying supermarkets used to be a main driver to get petrol/diesel prices down as they’d want to attract customers in store. However, partly to do with customers buying habits changing during/since pandemic (more online buying etc) they havent been reducing prices as quick this time.

Got a triple nectar points petrol voucher when I popped into sainsburys earlier…whoopty fuckin do ! They know they’re fucking us

It’sabatch87

Is that when you could drink and drive legally?

Bet it was fun on the roads on a Saturday night back in the day.
I got pulled by OB on Kenilworth road around the mid eighties coming home from a party about 5am, car full of lads.
I was shitting it as only passed my test about 6 months.
He said ok lads I know you’ve been drinking on your way I can’t be bothered with the paper work as my shift is nearly over, don’t let me see you again!!👍😅🤣

Grendel

Why? Speaking from experience? I can’t comment on Tesla but costs me about £6 to charge my ev and I get 240+ miles. No brainier getting an EV at the mo

the aftersale experience is appalling

Corrado

Fair enough, like I said I can’t comment on Tesla. Hard to find a manufacturer with good aftersales service

Grendel

Fair enough, like I said I can’t comment on Tesla. Hard to find a manufacturer with good aftersales service

They have no network and the quality is dire

fernandopartridge

I remember Clarkson a few years ago saying he thought it better for the planet to ensure his old petrol car was regularly serviced than the cost to the planet in getting it scrapped and the cost to the planet in the production of a new electric car to replace it. Whatever bollocks he occasionally speaks this made sense to me.
Yeah I've wondered that, surely maintaining old cars is better than manufacturing new ones regardless of how green they are

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wingy

Yeah I've wondered that, surely maintaining old cars is better than manufacturing new ones regardless of how green they are

Interesting one.
Obviously classic cars must challenge the accepted current theory,if say they have 3--4 times the life of the latest .
What if the latest are defunct after,5, year's, not beyond the realms of possibility.

CCFCSteve

I presume a lot depends on what mileage is being done. I remember reading an article which suggested that an EV doesn’t start having a positive footprint compared to a new petrol until 40k miles due to higher emissions in production. I think this changes depending on how charging electricity is generated and obviously will vary by vehicle. There’s also battery replacement requirements in future

Don’t get me wrong my next car will no doubt be an EV and if I did more miles I’d probably have one already but I’ll continue with my 15 plate diesel until I’m banned from Birmingham centre as I only do 3-4K pa

I still wonder if EVs are the answer…we’ll probably be told in 5 years they’re worse for the planet ! The real solution is and always has been better public transport infrastructure and people reducing car use

shmmeee

And that’s comparing ICE to a more efficient ICE. An electric car payback would be less than a couple of years in all likelihood.

Says there 96% of a cars carbon footprint over its lifecycle is fuel related.

Grendel

And that’s comparing ICE to a more efficient ICE. An electric car payback would be less than a couple of years in all likelihood.

Says there 96% of a cars carbon footprint over its lifecycle is fuel related.

Some pretty skewed assumptions there and not really looking at it practically

Users who are viewing this thread