Fresh Ricoh talks (2 Viewers)

capel & collindridge

Sale Sharks ? (post Cov-id of course)

If Wasps go, it'll be CCFC. Think it'll come down to an agreement, as Wasps will be completely buggered financially without an adjustment to their short term/long term planning. Mexican stand off otherwise, which will hurt both parties - a race to the bottom.
I don't know about this big Mexican who might play outside half for London Wasps but it sounds as if he might be spending more time in the Sin Bin than Hamer.

fernandopartridge

I think you’ll find friend that you have 3 eggs and salt 🧂 in a Yorkshire, whereas a pancake mix only has one egg 🥚 an no salt.

OK, but in general they are the same base ingredients if proportioned differently. I put pepper in my yorkshire mix this weekend as well (happy to share a picture if you like)

shmmeee

I think you’ll find friend that you have 3 eggs and salt 🧂 in a Yorkshire, whereas a pancake mix only has one egg 🥚 an no salt.

You should put salt in pancakes. And cinnamon and vanilla extract but that’s a different point 😋

peaches and cream

They have brought in some expensive players- probably not as expensive this year- to buy their way out. Just for that they should not be getting public funding support

They have played teams who lost interest in the league during covid- seeing little benefit in carrying on but losing money and not having cash handouts to call on

Certain events in the league have gone their way with teams unable to play or having weakened squads
All for people's opinion but at least get the facts correct. Wasps have bought in one player who will be on big money Malakia Fakatoa, the wages saved with the lose of Elliot Daley and Nathan Hughes will dwarf what he's being paid. The rest of the squad in the main has been there a few years plus players promoted from the academy, so they have done the exact opposite of buying their way out.

All the clubs have had to play almost two games a week which has mean't rotating the squads which has mean't some games you can field a strong team other games you have to field a weaker team, the only difference is Wasps actually have a pretty good squad so even their weaker teams have been good enough to win.

Whilst i understand the hostility and hatred towards Wasps, to make completely incorrect statements just to try and justify why they are doing well is highly disrespectful to professional sportsman just doing their job.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
All for people's opinion but at least get the facts correct. Wasps have bought in one player who will be on big money Malakia Fakatoa, the wages saved with the lose of Elliot Daley and Nathan Hughes will dwarf what he's being paid. The rest of the squad in the main has been there a few years plus players promoted from the academy, so they have done the exact opposite of buying their way out.

All the clubs have had to play almost two games a week which has mean't rotating the squads which has mean't some games you can field a strong team other games you have to field a weaker team, the only difference is Wasps actually have a pretty good squad so even their weaker teams have been good enough to win.

Whilst i understand the hostility and hatred towards Wasps, to make completely incorrect statements just to try and justify why they are doing well is highly disrespectful to professional sportsman just doing their job.
They must be pretty expensive if you're losing £10m each year...

shmmeee

Wait wait wait

“mean’t”?

Like mea not?

oldfiver

My comments regarding the quality of their players come directly from someone within rugby with far more knowledge than you will ever have. Equally they know of the attitudes of some of the PL Clubs' owners. I have shown no hostility or disrespect to any of the players. Indeed I thought I was being complimentary. So go back to your nest until you have something sensible to say

peaches and cream

My comments regarding the quality of their players come directly from someone within rugby with far more knowledge than you will ever have. Equally they know of the attitudes of some of the PL Clubs' owners. I have shown no hostility or disrespect to any of the players. Indeed I thought I was being complimentary. So go back to your nest until you have something sensible to say
They have brought in some expensive players- probably not as expensive this year- to buy their way out. - incorrect

Certain events in the league have gone their way with teams unable to play or having weakened squads - It's been the same for all clubs

They have played teams who lost interest in the league during covid- seeing little benefit in carrying on but losing money and not having cash handouts to call on - It been the same for all clubs.

There is nothing in your statements regarding the quality of the players. you have clearly stated they have bought in expensive players which they haven't. As for your comments coming from someone within rugby with far more knowledge than i will ever have. How do you know what knowledge i have? you know nothing about me, my profession or my depth of knowledge.

"Indeed I thought I was being complimentary" your explanation for Wasps having a successful season is they have spent loads of money on players which they haven't and because nobody else could be bothered and you think that's being complimentary.

clint van damme

They have brought in some expensive players- probably not as expensive this year- to buy their way out. - incorrect

Certain events in the league have gone their way with teams unable to play or having weakened squads - It's been the same for all clubs

They have played teams who lost interest in the league during covid- seeing little benefit in carrying on but losing money and not having cash handouts to call on - It been the same for all clubs.

There is nothing in your statements regarding the quality of the players. you have clearly stated they have bought in expensive players which they haven't. As for your comments coming from someone within rugby with far more knowledge than i will ever have. How do you know what knowledge i have? you know nothing about me, my profession or my depth of knowledge.

"Indeed I thought I was being complimentary" your explanation for Wasps having a successful season is they have spent loads of money on players which they haven't and because nobody else could be bothered and you think that's being complimentary.

Wasps are wankers mate. That's all we need to know about them.

mr_monkey

Why do you come on here? Is it in prep to have a sports team to support in a year or so?

• Haha
Reactions: vow

David O'Day

You're a c**t who supports a bunch of cunts, get used to it.

Liquid Gold

What do you expect from a Wasps fan.

If they could they'd get CCC to buy them this board, move CCFC section to some hard to access area and only let us use it for 2 hours at the weekend then the two posts a day on here would be wondering why we hate them so much.

SkyBlueZack

So, despite 711 written objections, a 3000 signature petition, 81% of people questioned in a ballot, all of the local Parish Councils, the Medical Centre, the local High School, SDC's own Core strategies, Sport England, England Hockey, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, being opposed to the absurd notion of a franchise Rugby team from London taking over a viable rural Sports Centre, the case officer has recommended that the application be passed at the planning meeting on October 21st, subject to a farcical payment to, wait for it - help towards some sporting facilities in the exact area that they have just deprived! You really couldn't make it up!
The justification for this approval are amongst other things: " I am satisfied that sufficient evidence has been provided to indicate that there is no realistic prospect of the facility continuing for commercial and/or operational reasons on that site", absolute nonsense, as they are well aware, we have proof of funds to help keep it open for the local community, but have not once been contacted regarding this!
"Local concerns at the loss of Henley Sports College are understandable, however, I cannot see any evidence to suggest the former use can continue and I am satisfied that the development would be in accordance with 2 of the criteria for CS.25 when the policy requirement would only be for compliance with one criteria. Furthermore, the involvement of the WASPs Community Development Team will help to promote healthy, inclusive communities in the spirit of the CS.25 and therefore should be supported". I'm lost for words!
A much heralded community use order which caters for: Archery, Gaelic Football, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Lacrosse, and that's it, are you joking? I would suggest they put plans in for a traffic island outside the entrance to cope with the demand. According to the officer this makes up for the loss of Football, Hockey, a Gym, Basketball, Karate, Netball, Flyball, Pilates, Weightlifting, Cricket, Trampolining and many more popular sports.
The whole report could have been lifted directly from Wasps ridiculously inaccurate application, and it is a huge disappointment that the officer has seemingly ignored the basic facts, as well as the local feeling and certainly any sense of morality. That doesn't matter though, as it is not her who will have to tell her children that they can no longer play sport in Henley. There are many, many people involved in this whole debacle who should hang their heads in shame.
Based on the fact that there are a fair amount of shall we say coincidental circumstances surrounding this sale, we are in contact with the national media. If anyone has any contacts regarding this, either national or local, please pm me asap.
In the meantime, we will keep on fighting and hope that either the remaining planning committee see sense, Sport England come to our rescue, or our District Councillor who is on the planning committee for this application, has the chance to convince his Council colleagues of what is best for his constituents, oh wait a minute!

Taken from the Henley alliance page.

clint van damme

So, despite 711 written objections, a 3000 signature petition, 81% of people questioned in a ballot, all of the local Parish Councils, the Medical Centre, the local High School, SDC's own Core strategies, Sport England, England Hockey, Uncle Tom Cobley and all, being opposed to the absurd notion of a franchise Rugby team from London taking over a viable rural Sports Centre, the case officer has recommended that the application be passed at the planning meeting on October 21st, subject to a farcical payment to, wait for it - help towards some sporting facilities in the exact area that they have just deprived! You really couldn't make it up!
The justification for this approval are amongst other things: " I am satisfied that sufficient evidence has been provided to indicate that there is no realistic prospect of the facility continuing for commercial and/or operational reasons on that site", absolute nonsense, as they are well aware, we have proof of funds to help keep it open for the local community, but have not once been contacted regarding this!
"Local concerns at the loss of Henley Sports College are understandable, however, I cannot see any evidence to suggest the former use can continue and I am satisfied that the development would be in accordance with 2 of the criteria for CS.25 when the policy requirement would only be for compliance with one criteria. Furthermore, the involvement of the WASPs Community Development Team will help to promote healthy, inclusive communities in the spirit of the CS.25 and therefore should be supported". I'm lost for words!
A much heralded community use order which caters for: Archery, Gaelic Football, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Lacrosse, and that's it, are you joking? I would suggest they put plans in for a traffic island outside the entrance to cope with the demand. According to the officer this makes up for the loss of Football, Hockey, a Gym, Basketball, Karate, Netball, Flyball, Pilates, Weightlifting, Cricket, Trampolining and many more popular sports.
The whole report could have been lifted directly from Wasps ridiculously inaccurate application, and it is a huge disappointment that the officer has seemingly ignored the basic facts, as well as the local feeling and certainly any sense of morality. That doesn't matter though, as it is not her who will have to tell her children that they can no longer play sport in Henley. There are many, many people involved in this whole debacle who should hang their heads in shame.
Based on the fact that there are a fair amount of shall we say coincidental circumstances surrounding this sale, we are in contact with the national media. If anyone has any contacts regarding this, either national or local, please pm me asap.
In the meantime, we will keep on fighting and hope that either the remaining planning committee see sense, Sport England come to our rescue, or our District Councillor who is on the planning committee for this application, has the chance to convince his Council colleagues of what is best for his constituents, oh wait a minute!

Taken from the Henley alliance page.

according to those wasps aresholes 711 objections is nothing from a community of 15000.
Totally ignoring the fact that there are only just over 3,500 people in Henley in Arden, the bullshitting bastards.

Reactions: TTG

shepardo01

according to those wasps aresholes 711 objections is nothing from a community of 15000.
Totally ignoring the fact that there are only just over 3,500 people in Henley in Arden, the bullshitting bastards.
Something dodgy going on there.
..... District councils... wasps........
What could possibly go wrong......

chiefdave

Its disgraceful. Just on the Sport England objection alone it should have been rejected, they absolutely ripped Wasps apart and basically said they were lying in their application.

If you were the suspicious type you might wonder why local politicians and planning officers seem to do everything they can to make sure Wasps get what they want at the expense of the people they are supposed to represent. Can't just be free tickets can it?

There was a post on the Wasps forum I saw where someone was gleefully telling a local chap from Henly, who had very politely pointed out all this about objections being from our fans, centre not being viable etc was BS, that Wasps own it now so if the application is turned down they won't let anyone else use it anyway and will just let it fall apart. The fact that Wasps would do that, the Henly Group flagged that up at the start as the plan and the planning officer seems to use it as justification for a recommendation, is bad enough but its even worse that their fans would think that was an acceptable course of action.

peaches and cream

What do you expect from a Wasps fan.

If they could they'd get CCC to buy them this board, move CCFC section to some hard to access area and only let us use it for 2 hours at the weekend then the two posts a day on here would be wondering why we hate them so much.
We would have to get it funded by CCC as we couldn't afford it

Joy Division

81% of people in Henley who were surveyed were against the Wasps proposals. Way to make friends with the local community then.

chiefdave

See that they've moved workers in and started on the site before the planning meeting to decide if they have permission for the works to go ahead or not.

121656101_10218029706915188_2934463461645339297_n.jpg

shmmeee

81% of people in Henley who were surveyed were against the Wasps proposals. Way to make friends with the local community then.

Pedantry: 81% of the responses. They sent out to 15,000 households and got responses representing 600 people. As a household can be 1-6 people god know what the actual figures were. Response rate could be anything from 4% to 0.6%.

shepardo01

See that they've moved workers in and started on the site before the planning meeting to decide if they have permission for the works to go ahead or not.

View attachment 17235
That is interesting!

That could be some prep work in relation to selling off the land to housing developers;

My last house I lived in had some farm land behind it - planning for houses was put forward - part of that was an "archeological dig" to check that there was nothing important that might be uncovered and the suitability of the land.....

Holes and trenches were dug as part of this..... look very similar....

Its wholly obvious that they are going to sell a load of the land to housing developers (wasn't some of Wasps planning consultancy led by a chief exec of a housing developer??).... wonder what the people of Henley will think of that (although i suspect they know this is coming!)

Joy Division

Pedantry: 81% of the responses. They sent out to 15,000 households and got responses representing 600 people. As a household can be 1-6 people god know what the actual figures were. Response rate could be anything from 4% to 0.6%.

15,000 households in village population of about 2,000 is a lot of households they sent the survey too

chiefdave

This legit ? Where is the actual location. ?
The chap that runs the Henley action group posted it.

The housing thing is interesting as its long been put forward by those campaigning that part of the site would be sold for housing to pay for the other work. Of course that is being denied as one of the reasons being given that it should be sold to Wasps is that its unviable as a public sports centre so if its not sold to Wasps a property developer will buy it and build houses.

You really couldn't make this shit up.

Users who are viewing this thread